TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Flybe announced this morning that from 27 October 2014 they will operate from London City Airport to Dublin (4 x daily), Edinburgh (4 x daily), Belfast City (3 x daily), Exeter (3 x daily) and Inverness (2 x daily).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27122754

Flybe have announced they are to commence twice weekly flights to Amsterdam from London City. Seems a bit odd just having two weekend flights. I assume Flybe are trying to attract some leisure passengers between the two cities.

Has anyone seen timetables yet for these services and what type of aircraft would be used?

ABERDEEN (ABZ) – LONDON CITY (LCY)
27th October 2014 – 28th March 2015
Mon-Sat
Dep ABZ 0630 arr LCY 0830 Dep LCY 0900 arr ABZ 1050
Mon-Fri/Sun
Dep ABZ 1600 arr LCY 1800 Dep LCY 1830 arr ABZ 2020
Operated by 78-seat Bombardier Q400 aircraft

LONDON CITY (LCY) – AMSTERDAM (AMS)
Effective for travel 1st November 2014

. Saturday
Dep LCY 0825 arr AMS 1035 Dep AMS 1110 arr LCY 1120

. Sunday
Dep LCY 1700 arr AMS 1910 Dep AMS 1950 arr LCY 2000

Operated by 78-seat Bombardier Q4oo aircraft

Lensmeister said:
Has anyone seen timetables yet for these services and what type of aircraft would be used?

ABERDEEN (ABZ) – London CITY (LCY)
27th October 2014 – 28th March 2015
Mon-Sat
Dep ABZ 0630 arr LCY 0830 Dep LCY 0900 arr ABZ 1050
Mon-Fri/Sun
Dep ABZ 1600 arr LCY 1800 Dep LCY 1830 arr ABZ 2020
Operated by 78-seat Bombardier Q400 aircraft

London CITY (LCY) – AMSTERDAM (AMS)
Effective for travel 1st November 2014

. Saturday
Dep LCY 0825 arr AMS 1035 Dep AMS 1110 arr LCY 1120

. Sunday
Dep LCY 1700 arr AMS 1910 Dep AMS 1950 arr LCY 2000

Operated by 78-seat Bombardier Q4oo aircraft

image.php

Flybe QC400 Aircraft by Ray Finkle, hosted on Forums4airports.com

Hi Lensmeister! This is the QC400 aircraft.

Newcastle adds London City Airport route with Flybe
The north east of England will gain a new double-daily direct air service to London City Airport from Newcastle with Flybe

Press Room
Keep up to date with the latest news
Press Releases
09/11/2018
Available for booking now and effective for travel from Monday 7 January 2019.
Eastern Airways, a franchise partner of Flybe, is to add a morning and evening peak service taking just 70-minutes flight time each-way direct into London City Airport, giving Newcastle Airport a second and faster, more convenient London travel option for those heading to the heart of the city.
With business-focused morning and evening departures at 8:05am and at 5.50pm, returning at 9:45am and 7.30pm on weekdays, and a single evening Sunday service, the time saving compared to rail or road will meet the needs of many north east commuters. This is achievable by arriving into London City Airport, which is the only London airport conveniently located close to the heart of the capital.
The Docklands Light Railway (DLR), adjacent to London City Airport, provides convenient public transport links with trains leaving every 8-15 minutes to Canning Town or Bank for connections onto the wider London Underground.
Roger Hage, Eastern Airways’ General Manager Commercial & Operations, said: “We have collaborated with the key stakeholders at both Newcastle and London City airports to launch this new direct central London air service on behalf of Flybe, adding to their expanding London City network and to the Aberdeen – London City service we already operate. This is part of our strategic business alignment to serving core regional business hubs and supports our belief of it being vital that major UK cities have direct fast convenient air-links between the regions and city of London, especially given the current London Heathrow capacity restrictions.”
Nick Jones, Chief Executive at Newcastle International Airport, added: “It’s fantastic to see Flybe’s franchise partner, Eastern Airways, grow its offering from Newcastle International and continue to invest in the north east. This brand new service to London City Airport will offer a direct link from the region right into the heart of London. With 11 flights per week across 6 days we hope that this will be very well received in both the business and leisure communities.”
Peter Downes, Aviation Director at London City Airport (LCY), said: “As London’s most central airport, London City’s convenience contributes to its vital role in connecting UK regions with the capital. We are delighted to add Newcastle to the growing number of domestic destinations in our network. As a native Geordie, I know first-hand how this will make journeys between the north east and central London easier and faster than ever, with LCY just 19 minutes from London Bridge.”
“We are grateful to Eastern Airways for adding to its existing Aberdeen operations with this new link, which we are confident will be welcomed by passengers at both ends of the route.”
Flights are now on sale for winter until 29 March 2019. Summer 2019 flights will be on sale in the coming week. Fares start from £79.99 one way inclusive of taxes and charges, and are bookable at flybe.com.
On board Eastern Airways operated flights, passengers are offered a full range of complimentary drinks and snacks. Regular customers can also benefit from discounted route passes offering savings of up to 35%.
https://www.londoncityairport.com/media-centre/newcastle-adds-london-city-airport-route-with-flybe

According to prunne Flybe will wet lease 2 E190s from Stobart Air for the Belfast and Edinburgh routes. Will be interesting to see if they are the ex Virgin Australia ones with a business class cabin.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock