Ryanair

Tinkerman

Jun 25, 2011
January is typically a difficult month for air travel. Even moreso when the ongoing effects of COVID-19 are still being played out.

Worthy to note that CWL isn’t alone on this front either with FR DUB cuts. BRS has gone from 4 daily to 2 daily. At 2 weekly the CWL route isn’t the greatest of use.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
January is typically a difficult month for air travel. Even moreso when the ongoing effects of COVID-19 are still being played out.

Worthy to note that CWL isn’t alone on this front either with FR DUB cuts. BRS has gone from 4 daily to 2 daily. At 2 weekly the CWL route isn’t the greatest of use.
The flights are on Monday and Friday so does cover weekend aways and VFR traffic that are visiting Wales or going back to Ireland.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Looks like Ryanair have cut Dublin to 2 weekly for the rest of this month. Goes back to 4 weekly in February.
CAA stats for November are out. 3925 passengers used the route in November which averages 115 passengers per flight. Personally i don't think that's too bad in a pandemic. Will be curious to see what December is like.
I would say that average load is very good given the circumstances. I didn't expect it to be that high initially because of all the problems that aviation is facing. The yield is obviously the important thing in the long run but Ryanair will probably be happy to get people in the habit of using the service at this early stage of the route's development.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
My thanks and acknowledgement to Ian Farquharson for his post in the BHX Ryanair thread which sets out some Ryanair flight reductions at a number of airports for the remainder of this month. His figures, reproduced below, show that it's quite a cull. I suspect that most, probably all, UK airports are similarly affected.

BHX has 40 weekly flights compared to 94 normally - down 57%
MAN 113 rather the 293 down 61%
EDI 71 rather than 187 down 62%
LTN 31 rather than 107 down 71%

Foxlimayankee

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Jan 21, 2017
South
Looks like Ryanair have cut Dublin to 2 weekly for the rest of this month. Goes back to 4 weekly in February.
CAA stats for November are out. 3925 passengers used the route in November which averages 115 passengers per flight. Personally i don't think that's too bad in a pandemic. Will be curious to see what December is like.
Works out 61% load factor. Not too bad considering!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.