user001 said:
http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/alldocs/BABB6081D8D7417C80257920004CC7C7/$File/September+11-1.pdf

MAN up 6.33% in September, with the new Ryanair base, Easyjet new routes, Iberia and Norwegian all due to start in the next few weeks.

It's a shame all these new routes weren't starting in more favourable economic conditions. It's looks as if the next twelve to eighteen months are going to be tough for all airlines and airports.

It's a shame all these new routes weren't starting in more favourable economic conditions. It's looks as if the next twelve to eighteen months are going to be tough for all airlines and airports

Thing is aswell, Ryanair bases in smaller airports helps the overall passenger growth enter double digits, but at MAN where your overall figure is close to 19million, the growth will appear as a smaller increase.

Therefore I expect MAN/RYR growth to be around 6% rather than say, the 13-19% experienced at LBA.

Passenger Statistics for September 2011

The total number of passengers that used Manchester airport during September was 2,036,471 which was an increase of 6.5% over the same month last year.

Rolling year passenger totals for the twelve months up to the end of September stands at 18,621,140 which is 5% up over the previous 12 months.

Just posted this in another forum, so, we can see what MAN is doing well in:

Doha: up 61.97% to 22758 (758 per day 379 each way 189 per flight based on 2 daily)
Abu Dhabi: up 17.08% 21564 (718 per day 359 each way 179 per flight based on 2 daily
Dubai: up 18.33% tp 57853 (1928 per day 964 each way 321 per flight based on 3 daily also now busier than LGW at 57280)
Lisbon: up 239% to 7015 (269 per day 134 each way based on 6 weekly)
Singapore: up 10.13% to 8714 (290 per day 145 each way based on daily)
Madrid: 5564 (347 per day 173 each way based on 4 weekly)
Basle: 4953 (165 per day 82 each way)
Monastir: 1159 (298 per day 149 each way based on 1 weekly-who is buying these seats as thats good no wonder Tunisair went year round!)
Istanbul: 8213 (273 per day 136 each way based on daily)
Las Vegas: 10685 (1335 per day 667 each way based on 3 weekly)

Other notes:

Most Italian, German and scandinavian routes up, All Swiss routes up and US actually holding up well, with ORD 2% up

Source: CAA

DfT forecast for UK airport passenger numbers in 2020 and 2050

I'm a bit surprised that no-one has picked up on the post I did recently in the Aviation Industry forum regarding the DfT's forecast for UK airport passenger figures for the years 2020, 2030, 2040 and 2050.

I reproduced the figures for 2020 and 2050 for the current top 20 airports.

Perhaps the Aviation Industry forum is not well visited so I thought I'd mention the individual airport figures in the forums of the more popular airports on forums4airports.

The Dft is forecasting sparse growth until 2020 at many regional airports.

Manchester Airport is forecast to be handling 25 mppa in 2020 and and between 45 and 55 mppa in 2050.

I have no doubt that Manchester airport will have the capacity to handle significantly more flights by 2050 but like all other UK airports, these figures are so outrageous I can't see how the airport will ever handle 55 mppa, no matter how connected it is to the rest of the North of England.

CAA Passenger Stats for January 2012

During January a total of 1,126,750 passed through Manchester Airport which was 4.4% up on the same month last year.

Year on year passenger figures were 18,851,632, 6.3% up on the previous year.

All in all an excellent year for the airport especially considering the difficult market conditions.

CAA stats for February 2012:

Total passengers: 1,185,900 (up 9.79%)
Rolling total: 19,146,672 (up 6.59%)
Cargo: 7,740 (up 2.29%) (which is a good sign as shows the economy is picking up)

So, 19.1m pax. Should break back through the 20 million mark if we are lucky!

user001 said:
CAA stats for February 2012:

Total passengers: 1,185,900 (up 9.79%)
Rolling total: 19,146,672 (up 6.59%)
Cargo: 7,740 (up 2.29%) (which is a good sign as shows the economy is picking up)

So, 19.1m pax. Should break back through the 20 million mark if we are lucky!

Thanks for the post User001 that's good news all round. When was the last time Manchester airport was at the 20 million mark?

Reference the Cargo, I totally agree, it's an excellent way of judging how the economy is performing. Today The Halifax has raised it's mortgage rates which could have an effect on the speed of recovery as the other lenders tend to follow suit but it's nice to see some very positive news for once.

CAA Passenger Stats for March 2012

A total of 1,363,811 passengers passed through Manchester airport during March, up 13.3% on the same month last year.

A total of 19,121,815 passengers used the airport in the previous 12 months, up 7.9% on the previous year.

Green shoots as business usually calls it. Things seem to be going well for Manchester airport at the moment, in stark contrast to Liverpool airport which saw a a 10.5% reduction in passenger numbers during March!

I think that the contrast is going to be there all summer, at least, with Ryanair expanding at MAN and contracting at LPL as has already been announced.

The figures are not released officially yet by the CAA but Manchester Evening News is reporting the first drop in passenger numbers in 14 months at the airport. May figures suggesting a downturn of 1.16% from 1.73m last May.

Due to all the extra bank holidays and jubilee stuff no doubt. Id be surprised if June figures are not up.

user001 said:
Due to all the extra bank holidays and jubilee stuff no doubt. Id be surprised if June figures are not up.

I don't know about the bank holidays or the Queen's jubilee but I expect many airports will be experiencing a bumpy ride at the moment with passenger figures fairly static or in negative territory due to the recession. In an case, didn't the media suggest more people would be dashing to get away from the years celebrations as opposed to staying at home and watching them?

Passenger Statistics for May 2012

The total number of passengers that used Manchester airport during May was 1,710,907 which was an reduction of -1.1% over the same month last year.

Rolling year passenger totals for the twelve months up to the end of May stands at 19,146,581 which is 5% up over the previous 12 months.

Overall Manchester is performing well with passenger numbers holding in comparison with neighbouring Liverpool airport which has seen almost a 20% reduction in passengers during the same month.

Passenger Statistics for June 2012

The total number of passengers that used Manchester airport during June was 2,039,141 which was 6.6% up on the same month last year.

Rolling year passenger totals for the twelve months up to the end of June stands at 19,272,241 which is 5.3% up over the previous 12 months.

Manchester is performing well considering airports in neighbouring regions are seeing some significant reductions.

Passenger Statistics for October 2012

A total of 1,756,662 passengers used Manchester airport during October, up +4.7% on the same month last year.

Rolling year passenger totals stand at 19,488,032, up +4.4% on the previous twelve months.

A superb performance by Manchester airport in comparison with many other UK regional players.

[textarea]Manchester Airport hails ‘upward momentum’

Manchester Airport expects to pass the 20m annual passenger mark in 2013, thanks to the addition of 17 new destinations this summer.

The airport handled 19.7m passengers last year, 847,000 or 4.5% more than in 2011.

During this year’s summer schedule, which runs from 31 March to 26 October, Manchester expects more than 14m passengers to pass through its doors, including just over 2m in August alone.

Ken O’Toole, chief commercial officer for MAG, which owns the airport, said: ‘This summer season will add to a strong performance over the last 12 months for us. We have delivered 11 consecutive months of growth and in January this year, we saw the strongest passenger growth for any major UK airport.

Full Story: http://www.e-tid.com/manchester-airport ... tum/77213/[/textarea]

[textarea]Manchester Airport marks 20 million passenger milestone

Manchester Airport has smashed the 20 million passenger barrier for the first time in four years.

The gateway has achieved the milestone two months before the target set by its bosses last year.

And they hope passenger numbers will continue soaring towards the 22 million mark of the course of the summer, with a host of new routes set to launch.

Full Story: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... th-4032514[/textarea]

Passenger Statistics for June 2013

A total of 2,123,641 passengers used Manchester airport during June, up +4.2% on the same month last year.

Rolling year passenger totals stand at 20,111,956, up +4.4% on the previous twelve months.

Yet again a superb performance by Manchester airport in comparison with many other UK regional players.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock