Advertisement

Scottie Dog

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Manchester Statistics - September 2019

Introduction

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.
Astana (in Kazakhstan) was a new destination served in September 2019.

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)
Amsterdam - 1,057,640 passengers

The following domestic statistics are missing from the CAA report for September.
All airports are included.

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics
Monthly passengers – 2,951,752 +3.80%
Annual Total – 17,475,079 +5.13%
Moving Annual Total - 29,510,599 +5.50%

Monthly Movements – 19,566 +2.35%
Annual Movements – 115,256 +2.22%
Moving Annual Movements – 204,178 +2.02%

Manchester Airport's September statistics

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers

Top destinations with highest percentage increase.

Figures for the European and long-haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.

Istanbul figures are affected by the start of the Pegasus service to Sabiha Gokcen airport. The combined figures for both airports gives an increase of 58.8% over the same month last year.

Comparison of top 25 destinations - September 2009 versus September 2019

Major changes to Domestic traffic

Load factors analysis on certain routes

Calculations are based of FlightRadar24 for days of flight operation, Planespotter.net for Seat Plans and CAA data for monthly figures.
Please remember when looking at these figures that they only reflect passengers per flight. One needs to take into account that Addis Ababa and Houston/Singapore are destinations which are part of a route that serves not just Manchester but another city enroute.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
I don't understand the CAA. September's data was only released 6 days ago and here we are with October's figures - minus 6 UK airports who have not yet reported.

I've started my usual analysis and hopefully will have it done for tomorrow evening. Right, back to the whisky after an evening of late night shoppng in Cockermouth where - believe it or not - shops were offering glasses of wine whilst you perused their wares.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Manchester Statistics - October 2019

Introduction

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.

No new destinations were included in October

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)
Amsterdam - 1,061,781 passengers

The following domestic statistics are missing from the CAA report for October.
Aberdeen, Belfast City, Glasgow, and Guernsey whose total passengers, in 2018, totaled 56,355

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics
Monthly passengers – 2,505,175 -1.86%
Annual Total – 19,980,245 +4.20%
Moving Annual Total - 29,483,197 +4.81%

Monthly Movements – 17,737 -2.50%
Annual Movements – 132,993 +1.56%
Moving Annual Movements – 203,724 +1.61%

Manchester Airport's October statistics

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers

Top destinations with highest percentage increase.

Figures for the European and long-haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.

Istanbul figures are affected by the start of the Pegasus service to Sabiha Gokcen airport. The combined figures for both airports gives an increase of 61.8% over the same month last year.
New York (JFK) – Although the monthly figures is down by 17,391 one must remember that Thomas Cook in September had carried 12,558 passengers until their sad demise on 23rd September.

Comparison of top 31 destinations - October 2009 versus October 2019

Major changes to Domestic traffic

Load factors analysis on certain routes

Calculations are based of FlightRadar24 for days of flight operation, Planespotter.net for Seat Plans and CAA data for monthly figures.
Please remember when looking at these figures that they only reflect passengers per flight. One needs to take into account that Addis Ababa and Houston/Singapore are destinations which are part of a route that serves not just Manchester but another city enroute.

User1007

Feb 2, 2019
UK
New York...ouch. It's also by far the biggest Thomas Cook route no one has announced any extra capacity on for next summer.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
New York...ouch. It's also by far the biggest Thomas Cook route no one has announced any extra capacity on for next summer.
Probably happy to increase their yields and divert other passengers onto other flights at other airports to help increase their yields there.

Land23R

May 9, 2014
Cheshire
It would be disappointing if Virgin didn't increase capacity on JFK next summer. I assume they are still working on aircraft availability in developing plans for further expansion. They've certainly applied for, and obtained, plenty of slots. It's also worth emphasising the high loads UA achieved this summer on EWR with the B764 so New York has been a very strong market for MAN.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Just to annoy TheLocalYokel I'm pleased to be able to provide Manchester's November statistics - and only 3 days into December

I believe that to only be just under 28,000 down on the same month last year is actually a positive outcome.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Just to annoy TheLocalYokel I'm pleased to be able to provide Manchester's November statistics - and only 3 days into December
I expect the CAA will publish their own stats for November around next Easter - if they get their skates on.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
Whilst I was studying the November stats I did notice the very large increase in numbers under Private/Misc passengers.

When queried with the airport it has been confirmed that there is an error in the allocation of passengers. The final numbers won't change but I'll amend the spreadsheet to show the correct breakdown and then repost.

It does delight me that, having nurtured contacts over a period of time, I do receive prompt responses to questions.

Top Bottom