Rhys - thanks for your suggestion. Do you mean to make the percentage box red or green, dependent on whether it's a plus or minus figure?

Stats for June have been released.
Terminal pax up 3.40%
Total pax up 3.45%
Freight down 6.99%

Better pax figures than I was expecting based on the ACL start of summer report.
Maybe higher load factors or larger a/c?

The rolling 12 months total including transits has now reached 28m pax.

Last edited:
Wonderful set of figures, just wait to October when Monarch factored out and then onwards
with all the new services and larger aircraft kicking in over the next few months.
Jet2 are really doing the business with huge increases this summer even if they are Yorkshire lol!
I remember the day waiting for the first one to position in before services commenced a few days later
and I never expected it to turn out like it has

And a further little update:
Moving annual terminal passengers - 27,914,257
Moving annual Inc transits - 28,010,123

June passengers - plus 93,690

In my report covering May's statistics, see 3rd July post, I stated that figures for Aberdeen, Belfast City, Inverness and Jersey were missing and that the volume in 2017 was 51,788.

All bar Jersey have now reported and therefore 59,318 can now be added. Jersey's figure for May 2017 was 3,684.

Relief at just a very small increase in pax.
I guess the loss of MON must have had a greater impact than in June despite more capacity from RYR, Jet2 and TCX.
Overall, it's in line with the ACL summer report as I recall.
A decent increase in domestic figures.

I have a feeling August will either be a small decrease or flat judging by the late booking figures
as people stay at home with the weather

The World Cup was a drag on holiday route bookings as well. Combined with our exceptional summer weather, tour operators were struggling to shift late unsold holidays.

Although the July CAA data is now available I'm having to take a few days off. My next update will be early next week.

.....and as promised.

Manchester Statistics - July 2018 (Part 1)

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.

No new destinations were served in July 2018

Dubai continues to grow with Emirates having carried 1,016,457 passengers in the 12months to June.

Five domestic statistics are currently missing from the CAA report for July.

Belfast City, Exeter, Inverness, Jersey and Southend are yet to provide figures

Total passengers for these routes in 2017 were 52,046

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics

Monthly passengers - 3,053,554 +0.48%
Annual Total - 10,624,162 + 0.42%
Moving Annual Total - 28,025,758 +2.47%

Monthly Movements - 19,906 -2.%
Annual Movements - 73,470 -2.03%
Moving Annual Movements - 201,304 -0.33%

Manchester Statistics - July 2018 (Part 2)

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers
View attachment 9718
CAA statistics for July 2018 are provisional

Manchester Statistics - July 2018 (Part 3)

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.

View attachment 9719
CAA statistics for July are provisional.

Manchester Statistics - July 2018 (Part 4)

Figures for the European and long haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.
View attachment 9720

Manchester Statistics - July 2018 (Part 5)

Comparison of top 25 destinations - July 2008 versus July 2018

View attachment 9721

Manchester Statistics - July 2018 (Part 6)

Major changes to Domestic traffic
Belfast City, Exeter, Inverness, Jersey and Southend have not reported figures for July.

View attachment 9722
CAA statistics for July are provisional

No worse than expected given that August is probably even more heavily holiday/leisure weighted than normal with the MON demise having a bigger impact. At least June & July saw modest increases. After September, the MON figures will be out of the equation.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock