Missing domestic figures from July stats.

Belfast City: 24,420 -1.95%
Exeter: 12,555 - +0.05%
Inverness: 5,890 -17.98%
Jersey: 4,996 -7%
Southend: 5,800

Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 1)

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.

One new destination was served in August 2018

Dallas/Fort Worth - 131 scheduled passengers. Not bad since we don't have a flight to Dallas, and definitely not one that carries scheduled passengers.

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)

Amsterdam - 1,029,831 passengers
Dubai - 1,021,921 passengers

Two domestic statistics are currently missing from the CAA report for August.

Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey are yet to provide figures

Total passengers for these routes in 2017 were 39,498.

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics

Data at present is not available
Monthly passengers -
Annual Total -
Moving Annual Total -

Monthly Movements -
Annual Movements -
Moving Annual Movements -

Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 2)

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers

View attachment 9948

CAA statistics for August 2018 are provisional

Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 3)

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.

View attachment 9949

CAA statistics for August are provisional.

Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 4)

Figures for the European and long haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.

View attachment 9950

Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 5)

Comparison of top 25 destinations - August 2008 versus August 2018

View attachment 9951

Manchester Statistics - August 2018 (Part 6)

Major changes to Domestic traffic

View attachment 9952

Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey have not reported figures for August.

CAA statistics for August are provisional

Just isolating out the LCY service. With in being LCY-MAN weekly on Thursdays and 2 lots of MAN-LCY on Sundays, it makes it relatively straightforward for working out average passenger numbers. 776 passengers on 13 sectors means just on 60 passengers per flight. I do wonder what the yield's like as surely on such a limited frequency, they may be tempted to convert this into a 13 weekly service. Maybe with a based MAN aircraft with a nice 7 or 8 hour period with which they may want to look at other routes.

I don't think lack of demand is the issue preventing a twice daily MAN-LCY schedule. It would work and undoubtedly be profitable. But the real problem is slot scarcity at LCY for viable timings, and even the limited terminal infrastructure there. Sadly, whilst MAN-LCY would be viable viewed in isolation, alternative destinations which occupy those scarce slots are considered more lucrative.

That's part of the reason why I said based here - by the time any MAN-LCY lands in the morning (sort of 8am ish), the LCY based batch of BACFaircraft doing the European runs would have left there shouldn't really be any terminal issues. Of course they could just decide to do a 7am departure ex MAN to land at 8am and then fit in a route or 2 from LCY from 9am before heading back to MAN at 7.30pm/8pm to land here at 9pm and perhaps a "beach route" at 10.30pm to get back for 6am but this is veering off the purpose of the thread to I'll just add to the more appropriate thread.

Didn’t VLM run the route for a number of years?

I used to use the KLM uk service and then the VLM service from Manchester and the VLM service from Liverpool to London City quite a bit at the time. It was all on Fokker 50s and at the time busy services. I think what killed them off was massive speed improvements by rail to London. Then all VLMs problems followed after that.

October 2017 saw a number of CAA relief flights bringing back stranded Monarch passengers, but representing a relatively small percentage of those booked across the month. Cutbacks by Norwegian and Vueling on sunshine leisure routes also drop out of the rolling 12-month stats around this time. November will see the first set of stats with these three components completely out of the reckoning.

So the drop in movements is greater than the drop in passengers. You can put a positive spin by saying aircraft are leaving fuller which hopefully is leading to better financial results for all the airlines routes.

Missing data for August is now available on the CAA website:

Belfast City - 27,128 -4.847%
Inverness - 5,429 -19%
Jersey 5,315 -11.31%

Manchester Statistics - September 2018

Destinations that are either new (no passengers since my records started in January 2005), or have not been served for a number of years - if the latter then the month and year of the last service is shown.

No new destinations were served in September 2018

Million passenger routes (Rolling annual figures)
Amsterdam - 1,027,698 passengers
Dubai - 1,022,769 passengers

Three domestic statistics are currently missing from the CAA report for September.
Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey are yet to provide figures
Total passengers for these routes in 2017 were 34,247.

Moving monthly and annual figures - based on CAA statistics/MAG statistics
Monthly passengers - 2,838,130 -1.08%
Annual Total - 16,575,335 -0.02%
Moving Annual Total - 27,879,010 -0.81%
Monthly Movements - 19,119 -3.52%
Annual Movements - 112,760 -2.33%
Moving Annual Movements - 200,131 -1.91%

Top 25 destinations - by passenger numbers
View attachment 10861

Top 25 destinations with highest percentage increase.
View attachment 10862

Figures for the European and long haul destinations that I consider to be the main points for our connecting traffic.
View attachment 10863

Comparison of top 25 destinations - September 2008 versus September 2018
View attachment 10864

Major changes to Domestic traffic
View attachment 10865

Belfast City, Inverness, Jersey have not reported figures for September.
CAA statistics for September are provisional.

It is interesting to note that some of the destinations served by Monarch are still down YOY despite the response by Jet2, Ryanair, easyJet, Tui and TCX in regard to adding extra seats, flights etc - particularly looking at TFS, AGP and PMI.

Manchester Airport soars to 28 million passengers
View attachment 11235

Manchester Airport is celebrating 28 million passengers passing through its three terminals for the first time in its history.
In its 80th year, the UK’s third largest airport saw more than 2.5 million passengers use the airport in October, an increase of 6% on the same month in 2017.
That brought the rolling annual total to 28,022,344 passengers.
Numbers were bolstered by the October half term, with many families getting away for an Autumn break. And the positive news has continued since the end of the month.
Last week saw the launch of the only direct service in the UK to Mumbai outside of London, as Jet Airways started flights. The five a week service had its inaugural flight on the 5th November and left the Northern hub 96% full.
Ryanair, easyJet and Jet2.com have all added capacity to their winter schedules, which will continue to bolster overall passenger numbers. Plus, the North will soon have a direct route to the heart of Africa as Ethiopian Airlines start flights to Addis Ababa in December.
Last month saw a total of 18,192 aircraft take off and land at the UK’s third busiest airport, an average of 587 flights per day. Almost 11,000 tonnes of cargo were also carried to destinations across the globe last month, the equivalent of 870 London busses.
October also saw the airport celebrate three major milestones on its £1bn transformation programme. Firstly, a topping out ceremony was held to mark the extension to Terminal Two reaching its highest point after just more than a year of construction.
Secondly, a 45m, 85 tonne bridge that will connect the terminal extension with the new multi-storey car park was lifted into place. Finally, the main structural work has also been completed on the car park building and will be fully completed by the middle of next year.
Andrew Cowan, Manchester Airport CEO, said: “Hitting 28 million passengers is another significant milestone for the airport. Our growth means more choice for passengers, more jobs for people across the North and more economic and trade opportunities as we connect Manchester with key global destinations.
“All this is being delivered as we press ahead with the biggest investment in our history, which will not only transform our terminal buildings, but the experience our customers enjoy as they travel through Manchester.
“That’s why it was also great to celebrate three major milestones in October, which brought to life how quickly our airlines and passengers will start to experience the benefits the transformation project will deliver to them.”

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock