• Hi Guest . We are in the process of installing new software. If you notice a glitch please let us know.

Re: Flying from Brum? Tell us where you're going

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
I looked and Heavy thunderstorms in Ibiza this morning where Ray is staying.

Also on BBC Breakfast that travel guy who I cant stand, (Cant remember his name) told the presenters that today if you are not going to struck by the Ryanair strike you will probably be struck by lightning at Palma De Mallorca airport so expect delays. I honestly couldn't believe what he had just said and I think he was totally embarrassed himself at what had just come out of his mouth.

Truly shocking :wideyed:

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #448
Thunderstorms forecast but we missed them here. It was a cloudy morning but red hot by lunch time, I think the north of the island bore the brunt.

The view from a quick walk this afternoon:)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #450
Lovely flight back today on G-JZHP.

Noticed 3 landing in front of us whilst we were holding over Warwickshire but we made good time and arrived pretty much on schedule.

Parked on 42R and took a very steady walk full length of the pier making a comfort stop along the way. UKBF busy but took not much more than 10 minutes (quite a queue building behind though) and the baggage carousel started moving within minutes of getting there. Aircraft to leaving the airport circa 35 minutes, aircraft to putting my key in my front door circa 1 hour.

Top marks for both BHX and Jet2 (y)

Will do a trip report later :)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #451
Oh yeah, one for Brum X.

The digital advertising screen at carousel 6 had lots of adverts, including British Airways flights to Malaga, Majorca and Florence. I did let out a chuckle when Primera popped up advertising New York and Toronto from £149 :LOL:

The good news is that the Norwegian advert just inside the pier has now gone (y)

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Oh yeah, one for Brum X.

The digital advertising screen at carousel 6 had lots of adverts, including British Airways flights to Malaga, Majorca and Florence. I did let out a chuckle when Primera popped up advertising New York and Toronto from £149 :LOL:

The good news is that the Norwegian advert just inside the pier has now gone (y)
Tut tut, i mean this does sloppy from a BHX point of view. Does nobody in management or the marketing team not walk around the airport at regular invervals to check such things ?

It cant be that hard to change an advertising screen or are they signed off for a period of time so it has to stay regardless of the decision by Primera Air at a later date to pull the flights ?

Top Bottom