EJU7842
flight

DepartsSat 06 May 2023 08:00
ArrivesSat 06 May 2023 10:25

EJU7843
flight

Departs:Sat 06 May 2023 14:50
Arrives:Sat 06 May 2023 15:20

I will have a couple of hours on the roof terrace with the KLM Fokker, security queue permitting of course, if not then it will just be nice to go on a plane and come back, he he he he he he

Photo credit to the taker ;-)

Panorama_terras_Fokker_experience_Schiphol.jpg

#planemad :LOL::LOL::LOL::geek:

Last edited:
Good news and bad news.

Firstly the bad we have cancelled our P&O fly cruise in December to Bridgetown, the good news going in two weeks time tommorow instead even better news its over a grand cheaper 😀

We are fed up with the weather (cold, wet and dark) and the song goes- enjoy yourself it's later than you think.

İzmir to BHX and back end of May/June. Again in August and BHX to Barbados in December. I did have Gran Canaria booked in June from BHX with Tui, but cancelled it and used up easyJet vouchers I had and going from Luton (which sorely pained me to do I might add). The sooner BHX and EasyJet get a base going the better!!!!!

My only trip this year will be my daytrip to Amsterdam with Easyjet, no summer beach holiday this year due to the cost of living crisis which is now having an effect on lots of people's lives. A holiday is a BIG luxury but not a guarantee any more.

So that's one less passenger for the likes of TUI/Jet 2 etc and I expect lots more people will be cutting back this year.

I am instead travelling around the UK and visiting lots of different cities instead.

Malta next month and Bridgetown in December, probably will cancel Bridgetown as we did a last minute bargain trip in February and will re-book for early 2024 ( winter sun)all fly cruises from BHX as its what floats our boat these days 😀

Faro on Tuesday for 10 days at my seafront home in Cabanas then Rio and Central Brasil in mid-May, Italy for cheeses and wine in early June, before returning to Faro later that same month.

What I do like in Cabanas is sitting on the patio with cool white wine and watching the planes overlying to, I think, the Canaries...

Well, I am half way through my visit to Brasil, arriving at Rio International Airport from Brum via Amsterdam on Tuesday.

Today am going to the other airport, Santos Dumont, for a flight to Goiania with Aerolineas Azul.

Never flown with Azul before so it will be an experience because most flights to Goiania are via São Paulo or Belo Horizonte. This flight is direct, a single hop of about two hours.

Ten days in central Brazil and then I work my way back to sunny Brum...

Last edited:
Just an update which some may find interesting when comparing the UK and Brasil.

Starting with air travel, Brasil's airline structure is very much using planes like we would use buses: frequent, reliable and, to my experience, always on time.

Many flights are multi stop as i found out with interest last week flying from inland city, Goiania, to Rio de Janeiro. My two tickets first took me to Belo Horizonte and then change planes for the final section to Rio.

It was only after leaving the plane in Belo Horizonte that i found i was getting back on the same plane... But many of the passengers were different having already flown in on another service.

Finally, when you study the photo you might think that Goiania has a long history. Not a bit of it. Goiania was only founded 80 years ago but now has a population double that of Birmingham which was founded hundreds of years ago.

A city full of tall buildings yes, but as it is built on high ground the vast majority are no more than 20 - 25 storeys tall.

So Birmingham's new 50 storey+ would soar into the sky here.20230529_143806.jpg

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock