Here she is, rolling, G-VSXY brand new A330-300

[rimg]http://tasreports.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/g-vsxy-virgin-atlantic-a330-300-w.jpg?w=700&h=383[/rimg]

In January, something happens with VS at MAN that has never ever happened before.

MAN-MCO will have more a higher frequency than LGW-MCO, as LGW-MCO is daily while MAN-MCO is 10 weekly.
Also, MAN-MCO will have a higher level of service than LGW-MCO, as LGW is all A330 with no UC, whilst 3 of MAN'S 10 flights will be on the B744 featuring UC.

So, whilst its not a new service/upgrade etc, interesting to see none the less

It's what happens when Virgin Atlantic eventually gets sold off that worries me. The new owners might want to focus less on the North of England and concentrate on London again. This will be almost inevitable if the airline goes to a foreign carrier as most of them are infatuated with London.

ah no, MAN might actually stand a chance.

Parties interested in VS are AF/DL/KL/EY.

EY has just expanded services, built a lounge and opened a call centre at MAN. EY also offer holidays to both MAN/AUH through their brand, so if they brought VS, there would be minimal threat to MAN.

AF/DL/KL also have sizable operations at MAN, with DL serving JFK/ATL, and many of their pax continue into MCO, so, the MAN-MCO connection will deffintaly remain. The DL64/65 is also a 1 stop service to LAS, so Id say that has a good chance too, as they will now be able to direct their pax onto the MAN-LAS, and use the JFK/ATL routes for other points not served by them.
AF/KL have 6 daily flights each into MAN, so, they obviously like MAN to some degree.

In other words, we should be ok.

[textarea]Virgin Atlantic boosts Manchester-Orlando capacity

Virgin Atlantic has announced it will be offering 30,000 extra return seats to Orlando from Manchester Airport in summer 2014.

To meet high demand for travel to one of Virgin Atlantic’s flagship destinations, Richard Branson’s airline is deploying a Boeing 747 aircraft on all 11 of its weekly flights from the UK’s northern gateway, Manchester Airport - resulting in up to 2,000 extra available seats to and from the Sunshine State every week.

Full Story: http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/ ... -capacity/[/textarea]

In a word, no. There are no airlines (yet) that would consider using an A380 on what is effectively a bucket and spade destination. The majority of airlines are going for a mixed seating configuration which relies on a significant number of business and premium seats to ensure success. Personally I can't see any airlines using the A380 on flights between the UK regions and places such as Orlando or any other economy or premium economy type of destination.

Whilst I have not seen any firm plans to use the A380 from MAN/LGW-MCO, its actually very possible it could be done.

What the A380 is actually very good at is bringing the cost per seat down, so, a 550 seat A380 would be much more economical to operate than the 455 seat B747-400.

I believe Air Austral had plans for a high density A380, as well as Skymark of Japan, so, its not beyond the realms of possibility at all.

Virgin has this morning positioned A330 300 G-VWAG to Manchester to operate the VS75 to Orlando. To my knowledge this is the first time a 3 class A330 has been used on the service. The usual Manchester A330's G-VSXY and G-VKSS, which were 2 class, are being reconfigured in to a 3 class layout which to me makes way for them to based at LHR in the future. In turn the B747 400's will resume all flights from Manchester to Orlando.

September and into some of October alternates between a 3 class A330 and B747 on the VS75/76.

From next summer, there will be 2 B747's based at MAN. There is only a requirement for 1.5 based this winter as LAS is seasonal and MCO reduced.

The tourist board of Cancun has stated today that they are in final stage talks with Virgin to run a flight from Manchester-Cancun.

Will be interesting to see if this will be an additional flight at MAN or replace an existing frequency.

It's nice to see them making more of a presence outside it's usual heartland of London.

Aviador said:
It's nice to see them making more of a presence outside it's usual heartland of London.

Spoke too soon as I see Virgin are reducing the frequency on their London link with Little Red.

From Sunday March 30, Little Red will operate London Heathrow to Manchester at 0930, 1710 and 2010. Return flights from Manchester will depart at 0750, 1220 and 1850.

Down from today's four daily flights depart Heathrow at 0905, 1220, 1645 and 2005. The return services leave Manchester at 0725, 1040, 1415 and 1820.

Apparently Virgin are to make a big announcement for Summer 15 around October.

A short season BFS-MCO and GLA-LAS will be in the announcement, also to be announced are 'changes at Manchester'.

Rather ominous, and could be taken 2 ways:

1)

Bad news. TCX have really started to emerge as a serious threat to VS. They now have a higher frequency to LAS, moved from SFB to MCO, offer the same amount of flights to BGI, and are started to dip into the 'serious' markets of JFK and MIA.
Are virgin refusing to play keep up? Going to funnel people through LHR/LGW or ATL with Delta? LAS is now already seasonal, and who knows, the aircraft for the new GLA/MCO flights have to come from somewhere?

2)
Good news. Virgin have the V-room at MAN, so one would hope that they don't just want to throw that away. Plus, those B747's to BGI/LAS/MCO are very very full.
The JV with Delta could mean a few new flights, using either VS or Delta, to places such as JFK/MIA. One being a DL mega hub and served from MAN in the past, the other to push TCX off the route?
Virgin have made no secret that they have studied 'business' routes from MAN in the past, most recently Hong Kong for the Davies commission, so, maybe we are about to see a 'new' virgin presence from MAN?

Time, as they say, will tell.....

A combined thread for Virgin and Delta given their joint venture and big news today.

While Virgin at LHR sees big cuts, Manchester has benefitted greatly with Virgin operating MAN-Atlanta on behalf of Delta, while Delta will open a new route between Manchester and New York JFK.

Good to see some serious capacity added on JFK!

Re: Delta/Virgin

Brilliant news this morning, any news on what aircrafts will be used user001...
Also sad to see delta going with the delta news but good to see it's been replaced!

Delta are not going Manni, they are operating MAN-JFK.

MAN-ATL will be A330-300 or B787-900, MAN-JFK will be B767/3 in summer, B757/2 in winter.

Is this this an overall increase of transatlantic services (the total operated by both airlines) from MAN and LHR? If it is has MAN earned a greater share of the combined number of flights? If it's not an increase overall presumably MAN has got itself a greater share.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock