Not many of us did but I saw a rumour of an op with A330s wanting to start the route and people concluded it was SereneAir. Obviously a massive established market on the route and an easy win. Will be interesting to see if anyone steps into the Jet Airways "easy win" on the Mumbai route.

Fantastic news that Virgin is once again expanding at Manchester.

However, it’s funny how today’s news reinforces my posting the other week.

This good news was posted at 11:04. There are 2 likes on that post, and 2 subsequent posts. That’s it.

Not one single comment, not one single like from the usual suspects. *THIS * is exactly what I was talking about. When the MAN news is bad, its busier than ever, people literally cannot post and comment fast enough, but when the news is good, people suddenly loose the ability to type? yet everyone was in denial saying this forum is completely balanced and impartial. If that was genuinely true, then where is everyone?

Anyway, logging off, probably for the last time, given I’ll probably be banned for speaking my mind. Truth hurts some I suppose.

Fantastic news that Virgin is once again expanding at Manchester.

However, it’s funny how today’s news reinforces my posting the other week.

This good news was posted at 11:04. There are 2 likes on that post, and 2 subsequent posts. That’s it.

Not one single comment, not one single like from the usual suspects. *THIS * is exactly what I was talking about. When the MAN news is bad, its busier than ever, people literally cannot post and comment fast enough, but when the news is good, people suddenly loose the ability to type? yet everyone was in denial saying this forum is completely balanced and impartial. If that was genuinely true, then where is everyone?

Anyway, logging off, probably for the last time, given I’ll probably be banned for speaking my mind. Truth hurts some I suppose.
You have to remember that there are times when people may not be online for a few hours. For example, even though I'm a moderator, I need to take time off and I was out washing the cars for a couple of hours and then I read the paper. So I didn't actually switch my phone on until after lunch.
At the present time the Manchester forum appears to be suffering from a lack of followers so please don't feel to disheartened - your posts are appreciated by those those who read them.

Not everyone spends a large amount of time on the forum, personally i look at it on and off throughout the day but sometimes i'm too busy too i imagine many don't log on until the evening and many no doubt just to look at posts for their local airport or the forums they like. Getting back to Virgin this route and the routes at Heathrow was surprising but it's good news that they feel they can look at markets like Pakistan and hopefully India in the future and that'll help them regrow as an airline!

I wonder what this will mean for PIA? Once the ban is lifted, will PIA want to go up against Virgin at Manchester, and Virgin and BA at Heathrow?

I don't know the market at all really, but is there enough demand to support 2 carriers at MAN flying these routes?

re good new vs bad news on the MAN forum:

For at least the past 10 years, MAN has done very well attracting new routes and in particular new long haul routes (probably the largest % increase in long haul routes of any UK airport 2010 - 2019?).

When a new route is announced, it doesn't really come as a surprise - its almost become "just another day at MAN". Bad news on the other hand tends to come as a surprise.

Generally speaking, in all walks of life, things that were expected generate little discussion, whereas things that come as a surprise generate lots of discussion.

Don't think anyones trying to snub MAN IMVHO.

Great news for virgin, hoping we can still have a future as a Virgin/Delta mini hub.

RE reading things on here vs twitter, I feel I need a good deal of eye bleach whenever I read any of the social sites.
I don't post much as I feel I don't have much to give to you guys, I certainly don't have any insights on new routes or insider scoops, but I logon daily and subscribe to show my appreciation.

Great news for virgin, hoping we can still have a future as a Virgin/Delta mini hub.

RE reading things on here vs twitter, I feel I need a good deal of eye bleach whenever I read any of the social sites.
I don't post much as I feel I don't have much to give to you guys, I certainly don't have any insights on new routes or insider scoops, but I logon daily and subscribe to show my appreciation.

Jamman - A lot of wishful thinking on Twitter so you are not missing much !

There appears to be more news these days via Twitter than the good old web !
I myself would rather read stuff on here than on Twitter !
Thoughts ?
I've never joined any social media group so the only things I see on Twitter are those copied to F4A. Twitter, as I understand it and not just with aviation, is limited to very few characters per post which means that information will often be sketchy and not always complete - a bit like the Ceefax on the BBC (or Red Button as they now call it which I thought was going to be axed many months ago).

Airports and airlines do often seem to use social media before they put out press releases on their own website.

As for more comments about bad news than good, it's human nature. The old story about telling someone if you have good service or a good time but telling ten people if it's bad still holds true. Just look at the news media - they thrive on bad news: major disasters, the pandemic, recessions, riots.

News SPD Travel on Twitter

@VirginAtlantic new routes to Pakistan will be year round, and already bookable into S21. This means a year round based B787 for @manairport, and at least 6 based aircraft for S21 as things stand.

#manchester #airport #flight #london #pakistan

Courtesy of airlineroute

Manchester – Bridgetown
eff 23DEC20 Increase from 3 to 4 weekly (Day 3), 5 weekly (Day 7) from 03JAN21. Additional service operated by A330-300
VS077 MAN1230 – 1735BGI 333 37
VS077 MAN1330 – 1835BGI 332 4
VS077 MAN1410 – 1915BGI 332 16

VS078 BGI1940 – 0820+1MAN 333 37
VS078 BGI2105 – 0935+1MAN 332 4
VS078 BGI2145 – 1015+1MAN 332 16

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock