From Airlineroute - 5th October:

Manchester – Orlando eff 10DEC20 1 daily A330-300 (replacing 747-400)
VS075 MAN1105 – 1525MCO 333 D
VS076 MCO1840 – 0730+1MAN 333 D

Bangkok is a destination that has been mentioned for quite a with Thai Airlines i believe. Thailand and Cape Town would make good winter destinations.

A slight update on the new routes

"A 3X-weekly service between Manchester (MAN) and Mumbai (BOM) will begin on Dec. 19, operating on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
The airline then plans to connect MAN with Delhi (DEL) nonstop from Jan. 5, flying 2X-weekly on Tuesdays and Fridays. Both routes will be on board Boeing 787-9s."

Still no actual timings but when the US routes come on board, we can then see the potential India-USA connections
https://www.routesonline.com/news/2...n-atlantic-adds-india-routes-from-manchester/

Created this proto-schedule for the service with the connections

USA to India:

0605 VS110 ATL arrive Mon Weds Fri Sat
0700 VS128 JFK arrive Mon Tues Thurs Fri Sun

0935 VS326 BOM depart Mon Weds Sat
1050 VS324 DEL depart Tues Fri

India to USA:
0600 VS325 DEL arrive Weds Sat
0715 VS327 BOM arrive Tues Thurs Sun

1050 VS109 ATL depart Tues Thurs Fri Sun
1120 VS127 JFK depart Mon Wes, Thurs, Sat, Sun

The unknown factor is if they will resume LAX or decide to bring back BOS instead of handing it to DL

0740 VS122 BOS arrive Thurs Sun
1050 VS182 LAX arrive Tue Thurs Sun

1100 VS181 LAX depart Mon Weds Sat
1520 VS121 BOS depart weds Sat

I can imagine that if they brought back BOS, they may look to alter the MAN departure time so we could look at 3 US routes helping the Indian routes. LAX probably will not feature as a connection; you could get away with India-MAN-LAX but the other way is not happening.

Just been looking at the ACL slot allocations for S21 and noted this:

Virgin Atlantic CHANGE Remains five based aircraft but no B747-400, all A330. New ISB. No LAS or LAX.

DEL and BOM are also not mentioned but are operating. I think that the ACL filings can only provide a guide at this stage.
Correct the ACL report is only an indication of new routes/airlines and should not be taken verbatim. Much will change over the next few months.

According to an article in the Daily Mail Virgin have postponed the restart of New York, Atlanta and Orlando until 19th July at the earliest.

Virgin will ramp up frequency on the Barbados route. It will increase from 3x to 5x weekly flights for this winter.

from SeanM1997 on Twitter

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock