Re: Jet2.com

New Blackpool - Dalaman flights.

Looking at the booking system the aircraft is a B737-300 and not an 800. The flight is also being operated by a based aircraft judging by the 7am departure so a W-leg is not likely and that is why I ask the question regarding 300WL aircraft as I'm not 100% sure if a B737-300 fully loaded would be able to make it from Blackpool to Dalaman...?!

I am assuming and under the impression a B737-300WL would increase range and improve fuel efficiency...?!

Re: Blackpool Airport - Thread

That's great news for Blackpool airport. (I think :LOL: ) I did wonder if Dalaman is too far for a 737-300 from such a short runway but I guess it can't be.

BLK-DLM is almost exactly the same distance as BLK-TFS, so it shouldn't be a problem for the 733.

Some very very good news! Don't forget Ibiza though;

Mon;BLK 1545-1935 IBZ
IBZ 2010-2205 BLK
Thur;BLK 1445-1835 IBZ
IBZ 1920-2105 BLK

Nice little addition to BLK portfolio and shows Jet2 have not just become "niche" and comfy within BLK and are willing to try new routes from new airports out (unlike TCX).

If you can count BLK-MAN-LBA-EMA as the north from one end to the other, they offer upto 11 weekly departures to DLM which is some pretty impressive going.

As far as I am aware, Dalaman is just a bit further than Tenerife and if a B737-300 only just can make it to Tenerife, all depending on weather conditions i.e. - Wind, then its a bit of a gamble to have to pit-stop especially within the Summer season!

I heard about the possible Norweigan aircraft as well, which is why I thought I would ask about it seeing as though they have effectively created a route for the WL aircraft...

TFS is 1904 miles, DLM is 1922 miles, these 18 extra miles shouldn't make u huge difference. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Could be, but the airport of Dalaman is almost at sea level and has an almost 10000ft runway, so the impact of a slightly higher temperature can't be that big if you ask me.

BasilFawlty said:
TFS is 1904 miles, DLM is 1922 miles, these 18 extra miles shouldn't make u huge difference. ;)

That's point to point though, don't forget the airspace over continental Europe isn't one big channel, you can get thrown all over the place en-route to somewhere like Dalaman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackpool airport has done well out of Jet2 of late. It's good to see them finally picking up some new routes.

I don't think we'd of seen the routes we've seen, and tenerife going year round without they very fast & stable growth of Jet2Holidays. It's nice to see them showing commitment to BLK. This is the 3rd route within the month, so BLK managers must be have the biggest grins on their faces! :)

Looking at it, when they announced DLM & IBZ it remained at two aircraft, with both used on spanish flights on Wednesday. Now with this, could BLK see 3 737-300 on Wednesday?

nicholas1992 said:
Looking at it, when they announced DLM & IBZ it remained at two aircraft, with both used on spanish flights on Wednesday. Now with this, could BLK see 3 737-300 on Wednesday?

Well it looks like that's where the new B733WL aircraft could be heading and, then for the Winter to operate their new routes to Tenerife and Lanzarote for the coming Winter.

More jet2 issues today, BLK-ALC service G-CELK EXS739 doing u-turn over Watford and heading back north descending :s_sad

[textarea]Jet2.com sponsors Blackpool illuminations switch-on

Jet2.com already has a close affiliation with Blackpool, operating more than 55 flights in and out of Blackpool International Airport across 11 sun and city destinations each week. And to show its continued support for the UK’s most popular holiday destination Jet2.com has agreed to sponsor Blackpool’s biggest event of the year.

Read more: http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/news/v ... -switch-on[/textarea]

Just been on the Blackpool airport website and it says that the airport is to close on the 15th October if no agreement is found..a shame if it does.

Not again! This happened before after a dispute with one of the airlines.

BLACKPOOL AIRPORT ANNOUNCEMENT

On 28 August 2014, we announced our intention to find a buyer for the airport operating company. The airport operations have been making a loss for a number of years and we are currently exploring a number of options in an attempt to secure the future of the airport.

We regretfully confirm that if no agreement can be reached before 7 October 2014 which ensures the viability of its operations, then it is likely that the airport operations will close. In this event, we expect that the last commercial flights will take place on Wednesday 15 October 2014.

We apologise for the uncertainty this will cause over the coming weeks and we recommend that any affected passengers contact their airline to confirm travel arrangements:

Jet2.com on 0333 300 0042
Aer Lingus Regional on +44 0871 718 5000 for UK or +353 0818 365 000 for Ireland
Citywing on 0871 200 0440

http://www.blackpoolinternational.com/a ... nouncement

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock