Re: Blackpool Airport - Thread

Thought i would kick us off!!!

JET AWAY FROM BLACKPOOL AIRPORT WITH A BRAND NEW SALES DESK!

Jet2salesdesk_(2).jpg

If you prefer the personal touch when booking your holiday, why not pop along to the airport and visit the brand new Jet2.com and Jet2holidays sales desk in the airport terminal.

With expert advice, great value deals to some super destinations direct from Blackpool Airport, the new sales desk will make it even easier for passengers to make a quick getaway to great sunshine holiday spots like Majorca, Murcia, Malaga, Alicante, Tenerife (now all year round), Jersey and Faro.

Come and visit the Jet2.com Jet2holidays sales desk - your first step towards a hassle free holiday!

Jet2.com staff will open the sales desk from Monday to Friday 1000-1700 and Saturday & Sunday 1000-1500 - booking your winter or summer sun holiday has never been so easy!

If you can't get to the airport, Jet2.com staff are also able to take your call on 01253 402866.

Happy Holidays!

• Admin

It's good to see the airline showing further commitment to Blackpool airport. The airport must be profitable for them otherwise they would have pulled out long ago.

i have just read on another site that jet2 managers have been flying into southend in the pa 31 for meetings and thay say that jet2 will be flying into southend from 3 destinations and i bet if thay are ture that 1 of the destinations will be blackpool linking blackpool with london again

well i think leeds and blackpool will be two out of the 3 but i think it will be more glassgow than edinburgh if the rumours are ture

Someone on fruit suggests BJV (Mon), TFS (Tue) and DLM (Wed) all with a B757. Aircraft to be based 3 days a week, routes to change during winter to LPA, TFS, ACE on same days. To start on 9th July.

Just dont see any domestic routes to work, and the ones that would will be swallowed up by EZY anyway. Besides which it doesn't seem to fit in with Jet2's apparant growth model.

The aircraft would also be free to serve a similar number of routes from HUY (or somewhere similar) for the remaining days of the week :s_thumbsup though sounds like any announcement regarding SEN will be made towards the end of the week or perhaps next week.

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I was refering to the rumour of new flights from SEN in response to the previous comments..

As for B757 and BLK, I believe they do operate 757's out of BLK sometimes?

There is/was one based or positioned in until recently that operated the TFS etc.. Clearly the 738 can do that job now, but not sure if they have one at BLK.

no jet2 have 2 based 737-300 in the summer and 1 based 737-300 in the winter

Currently yes, but they have operated the 757 frequently from BLK in the paat, so it can be done.

[textarea]Blackpool to get summer France flights

Blackpool Airport is to get a new seasonal summer service to and from Albert Picardie Airport in northern France. The service will bring tourists into Lancashire as it gears up for an exciting year of iconic celebrations, including The Open Championship at Royal Lytham and St Anne’s Golf Club.

Flights will be available on selected dates from April to August 2012. In addition to inbound tourists, they will also take passengers from across Lancashire and the Lake District to Albert in the heart of the Somme region. As well as access to the beautiful bay of Somme, the new route provides a gateway to the capital and the delights of Disneyland Paris.

The flights are being operated by Danish Air Transport (DAT) on an ATR 72-200 aircraft that can hold up to 66 passengers. Fares are from £95 and bookings can be taken either by visiting DAT's website: www.dat-charter.worldticket.net, by calling Blackpool Airport's Flight Ops team on 01253 472 507 or by visiting the Airport Direct Travel Shop at www.airportdirecttravel.co.uk/blackpool/

Source[/textarea]

That's an interesting catch for Blackpool.

An ATR72 is probably the most ideal aircraft to operate this route.

I hope the route well!

[textarea]Airport fails in Jet2 appeal bid

Blackpool Airport must continue serving budget airline Jet2.com’s early morning and evening flights.

The loss-making regional hub suffered a narrow defeat to Jet2 after airport bosses tried to ban flights before 7am and after 9pm.

In a case which laid bare bitter relations between Jet2 and the airport, the airline went to court after being told by airport bosses, who were desperate to cut costs, it would only accept flights between 7am and 9pm.

The dispute reached a head in October 2010 when two of the airline’s flights had to be diverted from Blackpool to Manchester at short notice, “causing considerable inconvenience to passengers and expense to Jet2”, London’s Appeal Court heard.

The High Court later ruled the airport had breached its obligation under a 15-year contract with the airline.

The airport, 95 per cent owned by construction giant, Balfour Beatty, took the decision to the Court of Appeal, insisting it had acted within its rights, but has had its challenge rejected by a majority of two judges to one.[/textarea]

Full story at http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/ ... -1-4418955

Phil Meeson, Jet2 CEO, said the airline is committed to Blackpool Airport and will remain there.

Jet2 must make good money at Blackpool otherwise they could have used this as an excuse to get out of there.

Big news for Blackpool!

Jet2 have released a new route to Dalaman!!

Flights operate on a Monday through the following Timetable:

07:00-13:45 - LS789
14:30-1720 - LS790

They will commence on 27th May 2013 until 23rd September 2013 on a based B737-300 aircraft.

Not a route I was expecting to be announced, but just had a look within the booking system and it looks as though 30-40 seats have already been sold! :good:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock