That's a huge commitment by Easyjet. I can't see them committing anything substantial to Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds or any UK airport now after that kind of commitment. I think it was always going to be Easyjet or Ryanair in this instance. Hopefully some UK airports will benefit from this deal in way of extra flights to Berlin Tegel.

That's a huge commitment by Easyjet. I can't see them committing anything substantial to Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds or any UK airport now after that kind of commitment. I think it was always going to be Easyjet or Ryanair in this instance. Hopefully some UK airports will benefit from this deal in way of extra flights to Berlin Tegel.

Currently easyJet operates quite a large network from Berlin Schoenfeld that includes eight UK routes. They don't fly at all from Tegel at present. They might well use Tegel mainly for intra-mainland Europe flights as I presume Air Berlin did.

They'll probably continue to increase capacity at their current UK bases but whether they will open new bases in anyone's guess. The UK will continue to be their biggest market, they may become bigger in Germany but it will never be enough to challenge Lufthansa and maybe even Ryanair and people need to remember now there is Easyjet UK and Easyjet EU so they might look at separate strategies for both.

Easyjet are going to connect with Middle Eastern Carriers.

amp.theguardian.com/business/2018/mar/27/easyjet-berlin-long-haul-middle-east-asian-book-connecti

this is full details

EasyJet announces Berlin expansion and new long-haul link-ups

Airline in talks with other carriers to allow booking of more connecting flights

Gwyn Topham Transport correspondent

@GwynTopham
Tue 27 Mar 2018 17.07 BSTLast modified on Tue 27 Mar 2018 19.22 BST

Shares

Passengers board the easyJet aircraft from Berlin to Geneva at Schoenefeld airport. Photograph: Denis Balibouse/Reuters
EasyJet Europe, the sister airline set up to preserve easyJet after Brexit, has accelerated its growth by announcing rapid expansion in Berlin and new long-haul connections at Paris and Amsterdam.

The easyJet chief executive, Johan Lundgren, said: “There’s no doubt that the growth potential is in Europe. The UK will always be a critical market, but we have more to go at in the European mainland.”

EasyJet expects to fly 5.6 million passengers this year from Berlin, making it comfortably the biggest airline in the German capital, ahead of Lufthansa.

Lundgren added: “The German population have paid too much money to go on flights and that’s something we want to change.”

***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-TwitterPinterest
The easyJet chief executive, Johan Lundgren, speaks at Tegel airport in Berlin. Photograph: Reuters
The airline has been at Berlin’s Schönefeld airport since 2004 but started operations at the city’s Tegel facilities after taking over parts of Air Berlin in January.

However, the new base may not last long, after Berlin’s senate signalled this week it would ignore a referendum and close Tegel when the long-delayed Brandenburg airport finally opens, provisionally in 2020.

EasyJet is in talks with Middle East and Asian carriers to allow more customers to book connecting flights, which are mainly currently served by Norwegian at Gatwick, as well as Thomas Cook.

The service will be offered later this year at Berlin, Venice, Amsterdam Schiphol, Paris Charles De Gaulle and Orly, and Edinburgh, meaning more than half of the airline’s flight network could potentially connect to other services.

Lundgren pledged to eliminate flight delays by using data to predict aircraft failures, but admitted that most disruption will remain out of the airline’s hands.

Sign up to the daily Business Today email or follow Guardian Business on Twitter at @BusinessDesk
EasyJet has announced a five-year deal with Airbus to forecast aircraft technical faults before they occur. Delays or cancellations due to plane problems have been reduced from 10 to three flights in every 1,000 on easyJet’s newest aircraft, according to the airline.

Advertisement
A three-year trial on a limited number of aircraft pre-empted at least 31 technical failures, Airbus said. The technology will now be applied to easyJet’s entire A320 fleet.

Lundgren said the airline would also make further use of its own data to model flight schedules and analyse how to mitigate delays.

However, he said easyJet and other airlines had remained frustrated in their attempts to push the EU to rein in air traffic control strikes – which he described as aviation’s biggest problem.

A strike in France last week, which saw significant numbers of international flights cancelled or delayed, is likely to be followed by many more this summer. “The ATC strikes, that’s the biggest issue we are facing,” Lundgren said. “We can lobby for changes – but also use the data to predict and minimise the effects of disruption.”

EasyJet said it had also analysed data for frequency of disruptive passenger incidents and altered schedules for destinations such as Ibiza and Alicante.

Since you’re here …

As I posted this on the 'Dried Plum' forum, I thought it might be of interest here too.

This is a list of the current based aircraft across the easyJet network.
I have included the A320NEOs (A32N) in the A320 numbers below. Currently there are A32N based in LGW, LTN, BRS, MAN, EDI and BOD.

Note - * indicates bases that have spare aircraft based which for the most part are not included in the numbers below.
--------------
LGW*
- Approx 67-73 (Incl new A321NEO) incl. 3x that night-stop in INV, MAD, LIN
--------------
LTN*
- 24 (11x A319 / 13x A320)
--------------
MXP* - 21 (8x A319 / 13x A320) incl. 1x that night-stop in CTA
--------------
TXL* - 20 (4x A319 / 9x A320 // leased: 2x B462, 4x A320, 1x A321) incl. 5x that night-stop in DUS, MUC, FRA, VIE, ZRH
--------------
BRS
- 15 (6x A319 / 9x A320)
--------------
GVA*
- 14 (6x A319 / 9x A320)
--------------
MAN
- 12 (3x A319 / 9x A320)
SXF* - 12 (8x A319 / 4x A320)
--------------
BSL
- 11 (4x A319 / 7x A320)
--------------
CDG
- 9 (9x A320)
AMS - 9 (3x A319 / 6x A320)
--------------
EDI
- 8 (3x A319 / 5x A320)
LPL - 8 (3x A319 / 5x A320)
--------------
VCE
- 7 (4x A319 / 3x A320)
LYS - 7 (5x A319 / 2x A320)
STN - 7 (6x A319 / 1x A320)
--------------
ORY
- 6 (6x A320)
BFS - 6 (3x A319 / 3x A320)
NAP - 6 (3x A319 / 3x A320)
--------------
NCE
- 5 (5x A320)
PMI - 5 (5x A320)
LIS - 5 (5x A319)
--------------
BCN
- 4 (4x A320)
OPO - 4 (4x A320)
GLA - 4 (2x A319 / 2x A320)
SEN - 4 (3x A319 / 1x A320)
TLS - 4 (4x A319)
--------------
BOD
- 3 (3x A320)
NCL - 3 (2x A319 / 1x A320)
--------------

Many thanks for that, Severn.

Great post! I didn't realise they had so many based at Gatwick!

article also applies to Ryanair

Kenya lures Ryanair, easyJet for low-cost Europe ops
Ryanair Boeing 737-800 © Tis Meyer / PlanePics.org
06.09.2018 - 18:21 UTC

The Kenyan Minister of Tourism Najib Balala has told Bloomberg that he is planning to approach United Kingdom-based low-cost carriers over possible direct services between Europe and Mombasa.

"We are developing a strategy to encourage low-cost carriers from the UK to fly here. I will be looking to start discussions with Ryanair (FR, Dublin Int'l) and easyJet (U2, London Luton)," Balala said.

Neither of the LCCs currently offers services to sub-Saharan Africa. In Africa, both operate to Morocco, while easyJet also serves Hurghada in Egypt.

With a distance of over 7,000 kilometres, UK-Mombasa routes are beyond the range of new generation B737-8s or A320neo. However, the LCCs could potentially reach Kenya non-stop from their bases in southern Europe.

Mombasa, albeit a smaller airport than the capital Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta, is located on the Indian Ocean and preferred by many incoming travellers.

According to the ch-aviation capacity module, Mombasa currently sees limited scheduled traffic to Europe with 12 weekly departures, including five to Istanbul Atatürk by Turkish Airlines, a total of four to Milan Malpensa by Air Italy, Blue Panorama Airlines, and Neos, as well as one flight per week to each of Frankfurt Int'l, Rome Fiumicino, and Verona.

Can't see it happening with them but maybe Norwegian.

easyJet currently have 23x Airbus NEO aircraft in its fleet:
20x A320neo - registered G-UZHA-HU (no UZHQ)
3x A321neo - registered G-UZMA-MC in the fleet.

Currently they are based at the following (however move around regularly):
A32N
LGW - 4
MAN - 4
BRS - 3
LTN - 2
SEN - 1
BFS - 1
--------------
MXP - 2
OPO - 1
ORY - 1
CDG - 1

A21N
LGW - 3

easyJet currently have 24x Airbus NEO aircraft in its fleet:
20x A320neo - registered G-UZHA-HU (no UZHQ)
4x A321neo - registered G-UZMA-MC, ME in the fleet.

Currently they are based at the following (however do move around regularly):
A32N
BRS - 6
MAN - 4
LTN - 3
SEN - 2
LGW - 1
--------------
MXP - 1
NCE - 1
OPO - 1
ORY - 1

A21N
LGW - 4

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock