SEN - 2
LPL - 1
BFS - 1
--------------
CDG - 1

A21N
LGW - 4

EZY UK Bases (not including LGW) - Peak-summer 2019 vs 2018
*List does not include based standby aircraft.

LTN - 24 (10x A319 / 14x A320) - (1x A319 upgraded to A320)
--------------
BRS - 17 (7x A319 / 10x A320) - (Increase of 1x A319 and 1x A320 based // S18 was only 6x A319 and 9x A320)
MAN - 17 (3x A319 / 14x A320) - (Increase of 5x A320s based // S18 was only 9x A320)
--------------
EDI - 8 (3x A319 / 5x A320) - no change
LPL - 8 (4x A319 / 4x A320) - (1x A320 downgraded to A319)
--------------
STN - 7 (5x A319 / 2x A320) - (1x A319 upgraded to A320)
--------------
BFS - 6 (3x A319 / 3x A320) - no change
--------------
GLA - 4 (2x A319 / 2x A320) - no change
SEN - 4 (2x A319 / 2x A320) - (1x A319 upgraded to A320)
--------------
NCL - 3 (2x A319 / 1x A320) - no change

As I posted this on the 'Dried Plum' forum, I thought it might be of interest here too.

This is a list of the current based aircraft across the easyJet network.
I have included the A320NEOs (A32N) in the A320 numbers below. Currently there are A32N based in LGW, LTN, BRS, MAN, EDI and BOD.

Note - * indicates bases that have spare aircraft based which for the most part are not included in the numbers below.
--------------
LGW*
- Approx 67-73 (Incl new A321NEO) incl. 3x that night-stop in INV, MAD, LIN
--------------
LTN*
- 24 (11x A319 / 13x A320)
--------------
MXP*
- 21 (8x A319 / 13x A320) incl. 1x that night-stop in CTA
--------------
TXL*
- 20 (4x A319 / 9x A320 // leased: 2x B462, 4x A320, 1x A321) incl. 5x that night-stop in DUS, MUC, FRA, VIE, ZRH
--------------
BRS
- 15 (6x A319 / 9x A320)
--------------
GVA*
- 14 (6x A319 / 9x A320)
--------------
MAN
- 12 (3x A319 / 9x A320)
SXF* - 12 (8x A319 / 4x A320)
--------------
BSL
- 11 (4x A319 / 7x A320)
--------------
CDG
- 9 (9x A320)
AMS - 9 (3x A319 / 6x A320)
--------------
EDI
- 8 (3x A319 / 5x A320)
LPL - 8 (3x A319 / 5x A320)
--------------
VCE
- 7 (4x A319 / 3x A320)
LYS - 7 (5x A319 / 2x A320)
STN - 7 (6x A319 / 1x A320)
--------------
ORY
- 6 (6x A320)
BFS - 6 (3x A319 / 3x A320)
NAP - 6 (3x A319 / 3x A320)
--------------
NCE
- 5 (5x A320)
PMI - 5 (5x A320)
LIS - 5 (5x A319)
--------------
BCN
- 4 (4x A320)
OPO - 4 (4x A320)
GLA - 4 (2x A319 / 2x A320)
SEN - 4 (3x A319 / 1x A320)
TLS - 4 (4x A319)
--------------
BOD
- 3 (3x A320)
NCL - 3 (2x A319 / 1x A320)
--------------

The LPL based aircraft have altered to 4 x A319 3 x A320 and 1 x A320neo

Next base

In recent weeks I've been reading on various aviation forums that some followers of BHX, LBA and SOU are convinced that easyJet will soon be opening a base at 'their' airport.

I don't know whether any of these sentiments are anything more than a wish. If there is some substance and they are all correct easyJet will be a very busy airline in the near future, opening three new UK bases.

It seems a tall order that they would but Jet2 opened two bases (STN and BHX) simultaneously and what successes they have turned out to be as they have gone from strength to strength.

There are certainly gaps in the easyJet spread across the UK in two very populous metropolitan areas (West Midlands and West Yorkshire). Although LGW is relatively close to SOU the latter might be a contender for LGW easyJet 'overspill' albeit easyJet has recently acquired more slots at LGW.

Whose followers will be correct: BHX, LBA or SOU?; or all of them?; or none of them?

If they were negotiating with any airport, I am sure it will have been put on hold to await the election result.

Next base

In recent weeks I've been reading on various aviation forums that some followers of BHX, LBA and SOU are convinced that easyJet will soon be opening a base at 'their' airport.

I don't know whether any of these sentiments are anything more than a wish. If there is some substance and they are all correct easyJet will be a very busy airline in the near future, opening three new UK bases.

It seems a tall order that they would but Jet2 opened two bases (STN and BHX) simultaneously and what successes they have turned out to be as they have gone from strength to strength.

There are certainly gaps in the easyJet spread across the UK in two very populous metropolitan areas (West Midlands and West Yorkshire). Although LGW is relatively close to SOU the latter might be a contender for LGW easyJet 'overspill' albeit easyJet has recently acquired more slots at LGW.

Whose followers will be correct: BHX, LBA or SOU?; or all of them?; or none of them?

Well it is that time of year :)

I have no idea about LBA and SOU but there are rumours aplenty at BHX.

The most credible rumour I've heard is that BHX will see new easyjet routes but no base as yet.

If someone else knows more then I'd be over the moon with a BHX base. With the way that it has been shedding routes and airlines in recent years something is desperately need, especially with Ryanair going stagnant again and the usual 'go to' airline in Flybe wielding the axe. Won't hold my breath though as said above, the general opinion is new routes but no base.

I remember that AMS (and CDG?) were being talked about on the BHX thread.

I remember that AMS (and CDG?) were being talked about on the BHX thread.

With Flybe having to give up their 5 daily AMS and 3x daily CDG slots if another airline wanted them many thought that the likes of easyjet would jump straight in there, especially given how rare they are. As it turns out Flybe now have 4x daily AMS and 3x daily CDG on sale for S20 which means no takers as yet.

I guess all will become clear in the coming weeks.

The only slight spanner in the works is the TCX collapse and easyjet getting potentially more slots at existing bases such as MAN, LGW & BRS. They are bound to address this first before opening any new bases but I would like to think BHX is top of that list of bases to be opened soon.

Easyjet can't be that straped for cash as they have just announced an order fo 12x further brand new Airbus A320NEO's at the Dubai Airshow.

Also the first Airbus waring the Easyjet Holidays livery was recently rolled out the Airbourne Colours paint facility.

View attachment 15369

Todays full years results from Easyjet show profits down 26% year on year, accept in line with city forecasts but not good and camouflaged by the Holiday company news.
No mention of German losses, but blame Brexit.
If I remember Monarch placed an order for new airlines, in July 2018, Condor looking to buy new wide body aircraft.
Buying new aircraft not a sign of financial strength.
This is an extract from a briefing note I have received today on Easyjet 2019 figures, not sure I am allowed to publish in full "we don't think the group is out of the woods yet". The report question nearly every future prediction the company made in their report and lets say the report is cautious on the hopes for the new travel business.

Last edited:
Someone posted in another aviation website that more new routes will be announced by easyJet in the New Year with 'new destinations/year round amendments' for BRS, LGW, MANand BHX together with more European bases. Someone else said the announcements will be next week.

Easyjet facing criticism for paying out dividends while seeking state aid.

Easyjet facing criticism for paying out dividends while seeking state aid.

These clowns just don`t get it do they...Much wants more..It was exactly the same mindset that busted Flybe. My view is these people must be told to find the first £170m required from wherever before any state aid becomes available. Let us not forget that they have been appalling in sorting out the repat of their customers all of whom were frightened, many elderly and ill. They have fallen a long way from the days of Stelios...ok rant over

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock