I’ve just seen billboard advert on inner ring toad
‘’ Bull ring to Beijing ‘ .....
it has a nice picture of the rotunda unfortunately it’s a Manchester airport advert

There is a large billboard by Spaghetti Junction, 'From Gravelly Hill to Hong Kong, direct from Manchester Airport'.

You have to take your hat off to them, they have spotted that BHX is now a lame duck and are going in for the kill.

I just wish that 'our' local airport had the same ambition :(

Walsall to Warsaw?

Kevin
Would be great to see something like that but the PR seems to have gone downhill since Mr Kehoe has left.

The most recent adverts I have seen on billboards and public transport were Jet2 and TUI (long haul) which have been numerous and long running, so kudos to them for that, but for whatever reason we don't seem to be good at advertising city destinations specifically. The Jet2 ads I have seen focus on the bucket and spade destinations.

Perhaps it's not a coincidence that our current growth is largely coming from the airlines making the most effort to get the ads out there.

A couple of years ago i was seeing a lot of ads around the city for a number of airlines including Blue Air, Vueling, Turkish, Emirates and Qatar which I'm not seeing nowadays.

Last edited:
New Oscott to New Y.......

Sorry, that's coming back in 2020.......or was it 2021.......or was that direct to London? :X3:

I see Etihad are pushing Malaysia and Singapore from Manchester on the Birmingham live website:

Two things. Clearly there a market locally otherwise why bother and will that market be shortly filled by a direct service, hence the push? And

If that is not the case, What the heck are the Mail doing? You might want the revenue but tout online space to airlines who will get you to Malaysia and Singapore from Birmingham Airport!!!!!!! Grrrrrr. Sorry Mancunians this is not a pop...you do a wonderful job....it is just some of the dimwits of Brum who don't think things through who sometimes let the city down.

My complaint will be sent to the editor.

My hope is it is a desparate plea by etihad ahead of some new service announcements maybe by themselves

Sorry just checked again. The offending item is not an advert. It is journalists piece. Even worse!

Sorry just checked again. The offending item is not an advert. It is journalists piece. Even worse!
Either an advert or a syndicated article,and remember the Bham Mail is a small part of a large media company, it is not the job of the Bham Mail to promote Bham Airport.
That is the job of the smoothie drinking eco warriors employed in the BHX publicity dept.

Either an advert or a syndicated article,and remember the Bham Mail is a small part of a large media company, it is not the job of the Bham Mail to promote Bham Airport.
That is the job of the smoothie drinking eco warriors employed in the BHX publicity dept.
It should be the job of the local press to promote the local area. Local people or expats (like me) use their media to keep in touch and support what is happening locally. It really peeves me that Brum has this amazing ability to be so polite and so damn annoying. Like the naff Commonwealth games architecture, get the bloomin act together!

The same press are quick enough to run another service lost article. Hypocritical to run those and yet promote none BHX flights.

Well done to Etihad. Who can blame them.

I do not think there really is a local press anymore.The Bham Mail is now a morning paper printed the afternoon before so is always a day behind the news.Tragic for those of us who remember the Evening Mail which would put out a new edition in an hour if a major story broke.
The websites such as Bham Live good as they are ,are run by the parent company and local sensitivities do not come into it.

Acocks Green to Alicante, Moseley to Malaga, Perry Barr to Palma. Marston Green to Menorca.
Come on BHX marketing fight back.
Love the Acocks Green to Alicante laughing so much I’m dying right now . Also the I’m from Acocks Green :love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Great thing is I’m only 10-15mins drive from the Airport so could go to Alicante Right Now Hehe

Don't worry Ian, Birmingham Live are now running a very informative article about BHX that should help to improve the pax numbers massively.

Nope, not a mention of new routes starting next year.....much more important than that. It's a handy guide to where the free water fountains are throughout the terminals.

Don't worry Ian, Birmingham Live are now running a very informative article about BHX that should help to improve the pax numbers massively.

Nope, not a mention of new routes starting next year.....much more important than that. It's a handy guide to where the free water fountains are throughout the terminals.

Is that a new BHX marketing stratergy. Provide free water fountains and then charge for the toilets?

Kevin

In that case. Apologies everyone and in particular to the dimwits at the local rag.

Clearly the promotion of flights from outside the region will be offset from the huge onset of new users at the airport from all over the region and beyond who will say "no Etihad. You can stuff your flights from up the road, because our airport has got water fountains. Even if I can no longer fly anywhere from my local airport at least I can get a free drink of Severn Trent."

I bet MAG are in a massive panic. Serves them right. This could have significant repercussions for their CEO on Monday when the Board next meets as he tries to explain why no-one from Tipton has flown to Singapore as he promised, and the inevitable passenger slump as the well healed of Hale Barns head south to fill their S'well water bottles from the fountain next to the former Jet2 check in desk. Ha ha you buffoon, your growth strategy is clearly bonkers.

I am now reassured that the future is very bright. :finger::rolleyes::banghead:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock