Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Over the last few months advertising of our new routes has been mentioned as a key priority so I thought we could do with a place to discuss anything we see as we're out and about. Newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, billboards, buses, taxis, even the advertising that Mr Kehoe does that we just don't see...anything related to BHX routes new or old.

One of my neighbours is a black cab driver and has had Turkish Airlines plastered all over his vehicle for the past 18 months or so. It changes from time to time promoting the range of connections available. I've also seen similar on other cabs around the city.

Emirates have recently had some billboards along the 97 bus route, the ones I've seen have been advertising their business class.

Anyone know if Flybe still sponsor the ITV Local weather?

I know its not Airline/Airport stuff, but what amazing images of The BT Tower being built in Birmingham in yestersdays Brummy Post, i also love Tall Buildings and seeing them get built. :good:

I'm a fan of tall buildings too. The BT Tower definitely isn't the most beautiful of structures but she acts like a beacon that you're home when you see her from the motorways.

Reading this forum I've got adverts for the new Norwegian flights plastered all over it :)

Internet banner adverts work on analysing your browsing history and then targetting the advert at you.

Didnt manage to get a photo as felt a bit silly taking one whilst in the city centre today, LOL but Icelandair are now advertising on our black taxis, just like Turkish Airlines. :clapping: :clapping:

I followed the 900 bus some way down the A45 this morning and the whole back end was a large advert for Turkish Airlines, they really do know how to get their product out there.

Icelandair are now advertising their connections to Canada and the US from BHX on Free Radio.

Only four weeks or so :)

Forgot to say that the advert heavily promoted the free stop over on Reykjavik when connecting, something that should appeal to many.

KLM are also advertising connections from BHX on Free Radio, South America featured heavily in the ones I've heard today.

Just had an email with the latest BHX newsletter and it's all about Norwegian, I must say Madrid has some very attractive fares at the moment. Hopefully we'll see some more serious advertising of their routes soon.

I notice that a full page advertisement is in today's Birmingham mail for the Norwegian service to Madrid.With fares starting at £39.99 this might make a few people consider a trip to the Spanish capital.
It is also the first time I have seen an advert for Norwegian in the local written press.

I have noticed a billboard for this service at the Wheatsheaf in Sheldon as well. I have not seen any others around (as yet) but when you see one of these things all of a sudden they multiply and you cannot get away from them.

While going about my business the other night I had to venture into the old T2(don't remember what it is called now).Anyway a large wall advertisement stands out amongst the FlyBe and Ryanair bits and pieces.
it is a large picture of an Icelandair B757 and advising anyone who happens to read it that the airline starts flights from BHX to Iceland and beyond on 5th February.
Does this mean that this service is to frequent this part of the terminal,as this is a strange place to put it if it isn't???!!!
Also be the first time anything bigger than a 738 has used this terminal on a regular basis since the American Airlines Chicago service finished!!!

Probably where there check in desks will be rather than using the building, i believe Thomson now check in at the old Eurohub but they still use the stands over the other side.

Would be nice though to see some airlines using the old T2 and put some of the airbridges to good use, they dont get used much with Flybe and never with Ryanair.

I wonder if Vueling and Norweigan will park over at the old T2 ??????

As far as I'm aware the old Eurohub only has one stand left large enough to take anything over a 738 these days - can't remember the number but it's the one Air Blue were rumoured to be using last year.

The old stand that used to accommodate the AA767/BA757/767 doesn't exist anymore - the airbridge was taken away and what's left of it is used as the gate for the remote stands.

I'd be surprised if Icelandair did use it - only because I think it would mean taking up the two adjacent stands as well.

Surprised a few more airlines don't use the old Eurohub, it would probably suit Aer Lingus but I guess it's all to do with having enough parking stands.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock