Marko1

Feb 1, 2013
It appears that aurigny has added a second flight on sat and sun for peak summer this year

Thanks for that, Marko.

I hadn't realised until now that we didn't have an Aurigny thread on the BRS forum. It must be the only airline that serves the airport regularly that was in this position. They've served BRS for many years, summer and winter. I suppose we just take them for granted.

I had a couple of return flights with them to GCI from BRS several years ago and it was the first time I'd used an ATR 72. I've since used Aer Lingus Regional's ATRs.

Further to the above the double daily Saturday and Sunday flights seem to run from 18 July until 12 September. Against that, some Saturdays in April and May and one at the end of September show no flight at all.

A VLM F 50 operated the Guernsey flight today. Is this a one-off or has VLM been subbing before?

TheLocalYokel said:
A VLM F 50 operated the Guernsey flight today. Is this a one-off or has VLM been subbing before?

been digging round regards the fk 50,can find nothing about it. i did notice it was on the route again today,<weds >. if i can find out anything i will post.

if the reg no is oo vls then that was brought in to replace oo vlq. the fk 50 was leased for lcy ops. cant say why its ops into brs. can only think another fk 50 is doing the lcy route and the other fk 50 doing what ever. best i can tell you.

i see they changed aircraft over to oo vlq fot the contract. looks like the contract with vlm ends this week. i beleive the vlm aircraft was cover for one of the auringy airframe that was in for heavy maintenence.

It seems that Aurigny is now using their own ATR 42 on the BRS-GCI route, having had a VLM F50 subbing earlier this year. Their ATR 72s had been used for years on this route.

There was at least one momentous occasion several years ago when one day the scheduled ATR 72 was replaced by two BN Trislanders. Now that must have been an experience for the passengers, perhaps not to the liking of them all, especially any nervous flyers.

Whenever I've been to Guernsey and watched the Trislanders flying overhead I'm always reminded of the V1 Flying bomb. From below their outline seems to conjure up this vision and their sound is not a million miles away from the V1 either.

Mind you, even I'm not old enough to remember the V1 personally. I rely on newsreels.

Now you mention it they do look a lot like the V1. I never knew Aurigny had an ATR42, by the way.

It's a fairly new addition. Reg is G-HUET and it was delivered to Aurigny on 17 April this year; both items of information courtesy of Jethro's Fleet Listings.

I was driving along the A 38 at lunchtime and when passing the airport I saw a white ATR 72 landing.

Being intrigued I later interrogated FR24 to find the aircraft was operating the Guernsey flight for Aurigny.

FR24 shows it as ATR 72-201, Lithuanian registered LY-MCA, which I later found to be owned by DOT (Danno Oro Transportas) a subsidiary of Danish Air Transport.

Does anyone know if this aircraft is operating regularly for Aurigny? FR24 only shows its operational history for the past couple of days when it's been mainly operating between Guernsey and Gatwick.

That aircraft has a history of operating for Flybe and Aer Lingus/Stobart Air. It seems to spend its whole life being leased, but doesn't usually stay a long time at each airline.

Many thanks, jfy1999.

There is a discussion taking place on that other aviation message board concerning Aurigny's future. The airline company lost a total of £11 million this year and last year with a £9.7 million loss projected for next year.

Aurigny is wholly owned by the States of Guernsey that reportedly wants to turn around their loss-making airline into a going concern. How they intend to do it doesn't seem clear at the moment. Whether the BRS route be affected in any way remains to be seen.

Further to my previous post - the one immediately above - Aurigny's financial position is in the news today with the continuing losses again highlighted.

The state-owned airline's CEO rejected suggestions that Aurigny was in jeopardy saying, “I don’t think there’s a suggestion that Aurginy is at risk. Simply that the States of Guernsey is now planning to review its air links strategy as our losses have escalated following various changes to the States of Guernsey policies.”

It appears that some routes are vital to Guernsey's existence. Whether BRS is one remains to be seen, with 'review' in many organisations' terminology when addressing mounting losses often meaning cuts or scaling back.

I notice no Aurigny flight today on the boards. If the boards are true, how many other days its not run,or how many in the future will not run.

I notice no Aurigny flight today on the boards. If the boards are true, how many other days its not run,or how many in the future will not run.
Aurigny has only operated 4 x weekly on BRS-GCI in winter for quite a number of years. This winter it operates on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.

I don't think it's been less than 4 x weekly in winter for many years with summer at least daily, and double-daily on one or two days each week in some years.

I wonder if this winter's reduction is partly due to rumoured increases in Aurigny's network elsewhere. It will also be instructive to see what next summer's programme turns out to be. Currently I can't find any flights for May. I haven't checked other summer months.

Aurigny to Guernsey is shown amongst the departures tomorrow on the BRS website. I believe that if it operates it will be the first Aurigny flight from the airport since near the beginning of the pandemic earlier this year.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock