Flightradar24

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Yesterdays FR24 playback shows a USAF C-130 from Iceland overflew Birmingham, but flying N-S. There was also an aircraft with a blocked callsign flying E-W

David_itl

Jan 31, 2016
Saw my "furthest away away from me" flyover this evening I was on the bus by the Hulme Arch (so roughly 1 mile from city centre Manchester) and I saw a trail that had a kink in it. There was nothing nearby (u.e within 50 miles) so I kept zooming out until I found PH-TXA which departed Manchester and that I saw pretty much overflying Skegness or around 110 miles away

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Saw my "furthest away away from me" flyover this evening I was on the bus by the Hulme Arch (so roughly 1 mile from city centre Manchester) and I saw a trail that had a kink in it. There was nothing nearby (u.e within 50 miles) so I kept zooming out until I found PH-TXA which departed Manchester and that I saw pretty much overflying Skegness or around 110 miles away
I've often wondered how far we can possibly see.

David_itl

Jan 31, 2016
My previous best was an Emirates A380 at night which overflew me and the last I saw of it's lights was around Sheffield, Ordinarily, I wouldn't have paid too much attention to the trail but it was just seeing the bend that made me inquisitive. Hopefully there;s going to be a few more days like this - people with access to elevated local beauty spots should be able to see just as far if not further than me.

superking

Premium Member
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2013
Had no problems with FR24. I must say that now they show what is helicopters is good and could watch them for hours,seems like it any way.

superking

Premium Member
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2013
Yesterdays FR24 playback shows a USAF C-130 from Iceland overflew Birmingham, but flying N-S. There was also an aircraft with a blocked callsign flying E-W
It sees a lot of blocked aircraft and the info. I have followed the trail back on a blocked aircraft and that shows where it took off from.

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
RAF Mildenhall and Lakenheath in particular seem to be very busy at the moment, in recent days I’ve seen an Apache, multiple KC-135s and a C-130.
I was walking home from my local Co-Op in Willingham just north of Cambridge, this evening and had a KC-135 come over lit up like a Christmas tree and approx 2,000 ft altitude. Obviously inbound Mildenhall. I checked up on it on FR24 and watched it's approach. I get a lot of F-15's fly over from Lakenheath, but sadly they don't show up on FR24. I also see a few V-22 Osprey's. They make the strangest sound. The first time I heard one approaching, I went outside expecting to see a C-5 and was surprised to see a v-22.

Kevin

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Brize is showing to be very busy now that the C-17's, C130's, Voyagers and A400M's are visible on FR24. One thing I have noticed, is that the RAF C130's are looking very scruffy and patchy. Anyone know why. The other aircraft look very neat.

Kevin

HPsauce

Feb 11, 2020
Birmingham B36
Plenty of high level fighter aircraft passing east to west in recent days. Usually 2 waves in early afternoon. Normally in groups of four. I suspect USAF. Anyone able to confirm what they are. They never show on FR24 or Planefinder.

Cambrian

Oct 14, 2018
Pembrokeshire
There has been plenty of military aircraft activity in Pembrokeshire for the last three days. I have not seen any aircraft due to poor weather, but have certainly heard them. I believe they were practicing over the Castlemartin tank training area.

HPsauce

Feb 11, 2020
Birmingham B36
Thanks Cambrian. Interesting. From time to time over many years now, we do get high level military movements. Usually USAF F15's in small formations. They can be seen in clear conditions through binoculars. With the quiet skies currently, they stand out as much noisier than regular modern airliners, and after passing overhead the noise continues for several minutes. Unfortunately recent weather conditions haven't helped identification. I am on the eastern edge of Birmingham.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.