I don't see an airlink happening to be honest, especially if the spur line is built as it makes the train journey much quicker. How will it effect CWL routes wise is hard to tell as i genuinely don't see CWL attracting another long haul route other than Doha even by the time of R3.

Short haul wise i'd expect Easyjet to set up there so that could squeeze some of the alliance carriers to look to the regions maybe?

Maybe he can have a word with Aer Lingus or Ryanair to add flight to Cardiff Airport in the future!

I read the English translation, it seems to have the backing of the Tenerife Government, and a large hotel group, it would be really good news for CWL, if it takes p[ace.

I do find it interesting that the UK destinations are Cardiff and Glasgow. Hopefully it won't be another Cobalt though you could ask do we need more capacity on Tenerife now?

I would think that with the Hotel Group backing, they may well be thinking along the inclusive tour sector, certainly together with the WIZZ air flights and TUI, there will be a lot of capacity on the route.

I wonder if the flights will be charter only and not bookable for flight only?

This is what is onsale for the whole island of Ireland from the South West Britain area in the first week of September. Amount in weekly departures.
Aer Lingus
Bristol to Dublin 17 weekly
Exeter to Belfast City 7 weekly
Exeter to Dublin 4 weekly
Newquay to Belfast City 3 weekly
Newquay to Dublin 5 weekly
Ryanair
Bristol to Dublin 10 weekly
Bristol to Knock 2 weekly
Easyjet
Bristol to Belfast International 17 weekly
Eastern Airways
Cardiff to Belfast City 6 weekly

Some of those numbers are still well down on normal years.

BRS-DUB normally 20/21 x weekly with Ryanair and 21 x weekly with Aer Lingus Regional.
BRS-BFS normally 20 x weekly with easyJet
BRS-OCK normally 3/4 x weekly with Ryanair

By November most of these frequencies have nearly recovered to pre-pandemic levels although whether demand will require that level and whether they will actually operate at those frequencies must be of considerable doubt.

I think that with CWL-DUB it's more a question of which airline will operate the route rather than none at all. Flybe is increasingly talked about but whether it will actually reappear anywhere in its new guise I have no idea. I suppose Aer Lingus would be the best option because of its transatlantic connectivity, or Ryanair because of the volume of passengers........or Wizz Air?

Things are really all over the place at the moment. We've discussed elsewhere on F4A that currently there is no Malta route this summer from anywhere in South Wales or South West England.

So just Edinburgh and Paris left to return out of the main ex Flybe routes. Dublin to me at least was a bit of surprise so maybe with confidence returning in leisure traffic then maybe we could have some more surprises on the way!

So just Edinburgh and Paris left to return out of the main ex Flybe routes. Dublin to me at least was a bit of surprise so maybe with confidence returning in leisure traffic then maybe we could have some more surprises on the way!
Keep the faith, Jerry! :)

I was always confident that Dublin would return - see my previous post in this thread - and I am equally sure that so will Edinburgh and Paris. It's just a question of which carrier(s).

Keep the faith, Jerry! :)

I was always confident that Dublin would return - see my previous post in this thread - and I am equally sure that so will Edinburgh and Paris. It's just a question of which carrier(s).
I suppose i resigned myself to the likes of Dublin not returning for a while. Hopefully we may see Edinburgh and Paris return earlier than i hoped! Interestingly today it was posted on twitter that Loganair took flight to Bergen and Stavanger offsale from Edinburgh and Newcastle. I can't see Newcastle come back but maybe Loganair could be a contender to resume Edinburgh again to fill the gap.

A lot of talk elsewhere of JetBlue and English regional airports. Not expecting Cardiff to be in the running to be honest but if I remember correctly the Welsh government put out a list of international routes they wanted and I'm pretty sure JetBlue were the suggested airline for New York. WestJet was for Toronto and I can't remember if there was one for a ME3 hub.

A lot of talk elsewhere of JetBlue and English regional airports. Not expecting Cardiff to be in the running to be honest but if I remember correctly the Welsh government put out a list of international routes they wanted and I'm pretty sure JetBlue were the suggested airline for New York. WestJet was for Toronto and I can't remember if there was one for a ME3 hub.
I would not rule it out as CWL could have a chance of seeing them. Wales can be touristy aswell as people that live there wanting to go to America. CWL got a link to the Middle East with QTR even though it’s now been cut. But couldn’t see why JetBlue couldn’t consider a wales to America link.

Aer Lingus I'll admit was a surprise. So hopefully we'll get another one from Loganair!
Are you looking at EDI and GLA in particular? If Loganair do come on board with Scotland their CEO's explanation as to 'what's changed' will be fascinating after his comments last June about the routes not being viable, although at that time he did add that an en-route stop might work, and suggested as a possible example CWL-MAN-EDI or CWL-LBA-EDI.

Are you looking at EDI and GLA in particular? If Loganair do come on board with Scotland their CEO's explanation as to 'what's changed' will be fascinating after his comments last June about the routes not being viable, although at that time he did add that an en-route stop might work, and suggested as a possible example CWL-MAN-EDI or CWL-LBA-EDI.
Yes. I don't see them basing or doing anything else. If they did return it would definitely be a U turn! Would be great to regain at least Edinburgh.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock