Local press report.

The report contains this quote from Flybe:

Flybe remains committed to fully maintaining its Exeter infrastructure which includes its headquarters, maintenance repair and overhaul facility and training academy.

There will no change to published schedules, according to the report.

The local press is unsurprisingly full of the Flybe story this morning. It could be near catastrophic for EXT if (stressed) Flybe did go to the wall.

Apart from EXT being its headquarters, training academy and maintenance base the airport relies heavily on the airline for its flights. Today, for example, of the 13 departures 12 were by Flybe, the other being a TUI service to Gran Canaria.

Aviation has always been a rocky industry. Let's hope we will look back on this episode as no more than a scare along the undulating road.

Extinction Rebellion held what appeared to be a low-key protest (by their standards) at Exeter Airport this week protesting about any government bail-out for Flybe.

Bad news with flybe closed down. It will have a big impact on Exeter as it was their home base. I have thoughts with the work force in hope they can sort out employment else where,it feels so sorry for them in many ways.

Apparently Blue islands will operate a goodwill flight to Jersey today.

A number of former Flybe employees were turned away from the Exeter Chiefs v Bath Rugby Premiership match at the weekend. Flybe was a sponsor of Exeter Chiefs and as part of the commercial deal received a number of match tickets each week. Some were distributed to staff as incentives.

Following Flybe's collapse the sponsorship deal lapsed and therefore the rugby club refused to honour the tickets for the Bath match.

Initially, Exeter Chiefs declined to make any comment but have since explained the sponsorship deal arrangements they had with Flybe.

The club now says that as a gesture it will allow former Flybe staff free admission to the Exeter Braves v Saracens Storm Premiership Rugby Shield match next month. Not much of a gesture given that this competition is geared to clubs fielding academy and non-regular first team players, ie basically a competion for reserve sides.

Could not a senior Exeter Chiefs official at the match have waived the ban for this match only, given the cessation of Flybe came so quickly and only a few days before the game and most of the former staff would not have been told of the ticket ban? Exeter Chiefs would have lost nothing and might have gained if the former Flybe staff bought a programme and perhaps some refreshments. Disastrous PR in my view and to offer a gesture that involves watching a reserve match gratis merely compounds the insensitivity.

As if recent news is not bad enough it now seems that former Flybe staff pensions might not be protected as Flybe's scheme was registered in the Isle of Man which is not covered by the UK's Pension Protection Fund.

A number of former Flybe employees were turned away from the Exeter Chiefs v Bath Rugby Premiership match at the weekend. Flybe was a sponsor of Exeter Chiefs and as part of the commercial deal received a number of match tickets each week. Some were distributed to staff as incentives.
I was surprised by this story as I kind of expected better of Exeter Chief's given thier reputation in the game as such a good club. They definitely have Scots a bit of a PR own goal.

On local tv tonight they claim the maintance hangar, bisness was going to be split from flybe in two weeks time by aprill could still hapen they say, lots of interest, also the training centre. Stobart i hear??, Their seems to be lots of talk about 18 dash8s to be used by someone

On local tv tonight they claim the maintance hangar, bisness was going to be split from flybe in two weeks time by aprill could still hapen they say, lots of interest, also the training centre. Stobart i hear??, Their seems to be lots of talk about 18 dash8s to be used by someone
Please could you identify your source for this information.
Nothing on BBC Spotlight or their website or the local radio station Radioexe.

The new Flybe has announced its first flying programme with routes concentrated on Birmingham and Belfast City.

Nothing whatsoever for EXT which had such a strong relationship with the predecessor Flybe. Probably unsurprising given that other airlines have already mopped up the domestic routes that might have interested the new Flybe.

In fact, as things stand Flybe will not serve any airports in South West England or Wales.

The new Flybe has announced its first flying programme with routes concentrated on Birmingham and Belfast City.

Nothing whatsoever for EXT which had such a strong relationship with the predecessor Flybe. Probably unsurprising given that other airlines have already mopped up the domestic routes that might have interested the new Flybe.

In fact, as things stand Flybe will not serve any airports in South West England or Wales.
The operational model for the former Flybe didn't work so it's inevitable the new airline will need to follow a different path to ensure it's viability. Clearly many of the routes the defunct Flybe previously served weren't profitable. It's unfortunate that some of the more successful routes the airline operated from the southwest have been mopped up by other airlines. This only makes the task of restarting the airline more difficult but I genuinely hope they do well.

Theres always room for growth in future where I’m sure they will look at airports such as Exeter.

For example Leeds Bradford as Eastern have dropped Newquay and Southampton.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock