I am hearing that in the near future Bacău, Larnaca & Milan are on the cards from Birmingham as destinations are expanded from these new bases.

Blue Airs exit may also push Wizz Air to increase it's OTP route frequency.

Birmingham has also been listed as a potential destination for Wizz Abu Dhabi when equipment allows.

I think that Birmingham could see a Wizz based aircraft soon as Wizz have highlighted that it intends to grow it's western Europe presence and the whole idea of using Gemma is to promote wizz as an airline for your holiday routes not only VFR traffic or city breaks. Could this also be why a successful route like Poznan has been taken off sale? Surely it would be better operationally on a BHX based aircraft.

I am hearing that in the near future Bacău, Larnaca & Milan are on the cards from Birmingham as destinations are expanded from these new bases.

Blue Airs exit may also push Wizz Air to increase it's OTP route frequency.

Birmingham has also been listed as a potential destination for Wizz Abu Dhabi when equipment allows.

I think that Birmingham could see a Wizz based aircraft soon as Wizz have highlighted that it intends to grow it's western Europe presence and the whole idea of using Gemma is to promote wizz as an airline for your holiday routes not only VFR traffic or city breaks. Could this also be why a successful route like Poznan has been taken off sale? Surely it would be better operationally on a BHX based aircraft.
That would be perfect, there was rumoured to be a based A321 at BHX about 12m ago but all went quiet

Ian

That would be perfect, there was rumoured to be a based A321 at BHX about 12m ago but all went quiet

Ian
The same rumour was about for DSA of a based aircraft and it all went quiet, wonder if a larger plan would includes other UK airports such as DSA, Liverpool and Gatwick.

It feels like things are bubbling under the surface with Wizz at present and its when not if things happen on a large scale in the UK. It would be a massive boost for Birmingham having Wizz come in with an increased network. They would be a far more stable airline than the offerings that other airlines have had at Birmingham in recent history where boom and bust set in and carriers hopped on and off the Birmingham tarmac like a fairground ride.

Well done to Doncaster Sheffield for securing a W!zz base, hoping that BHX will be next.......

Do you think BHX have done a deal ?

It is only a matter of time, think Liverpool will be next and they are obviously desperate to get in to Gatwick how long that takes who know but I would assume Birmingham would be one of the next UK bases.

LPL and DSA were always favourite's for the second base due to the long standing partnership with Wizz and amount of flights they have at each airport not to mention both are owned by Peel.

New route from Wizzair....Riga!!!

As taken from TTG......Twice-weekly flights to the Latvian capital, a burgeoning city break destination, will get under way on 18 October.

Flights will operate on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Yes!!!! Such a brilliant route. I suggested this route via email to Wizz about 6 months ago. Great to see it added.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock