Movements, Logs & Heads Up

Advertisement

Scott

Jan 6, 2012
I was doing my usual and watching FR24 to see whats going on and I couldent help but notice a finnair flight coming in to Glasgow... the funny thing is, it had it listed with the departure and destination as Helsinki and Glasgow... usually on unusual flights there's no Departure and Arrival as it is a random charter callsign, does this mean that there is now Finnair service to Glasgow or was this a once-off charter and they just so happened to have the callsign registered with FR24?

Scott

Jan 6, 2012
Just noticed there was two flights. AY1231 - A321 and AY1233 A320 both with departures an hour later than their arrival times. Was there some sort of football game or something simmilar that would be bringing the flights...

Scott

Jan 6, 2012
Aviador said:
I think Hampden Park is hosting some Olympic football which might explain it?
Hi Aviador thanks for your quick reply, I had a look at the Hampden website and the games are USA vs Columbia and France vs Korea today and Egypt vs Belarus on the 1st so that rules that out.

However apparently Celtic are playing Helsinki on Wednesday, but I wouldn't expect two plane loads, witch would indicate team and fans, to come out 4 days beforehand. And the fact that there is the departures listed on the Glasgow airport website witch you don't usually see if they were bringing people in then positioning out empty again.

Scott

Jan 6, 2012
I was able to find out today that the two flights were in Glasgow to take cruise passengers to/from a cruise ship that was on a tour (I think from the Baltic sea, touring around the British isles to the river Clyde, swapping passengers here and going back again)

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Scott said:
I was able to find out today that the two flights were in Glasgow to take cruise passengers to/from a cruise ship that was on a tour (I think from the Baltic sea, touring around the British isles to the river Clyde, swapping passengers here and going back again)
Thanks for that Scott.

Scott

Jan 6, 2012
I've noticed that on two occasions this week the Atlantic Airlines 737-300F I usually see flying from Edinburgh at night has flown from Glasgow, according to another GLA-related site, it has been parking on the cargo stands, have they moved their nightly freight flight from Edinburgh to Glasgow?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Hi Scott.

I've just had a delve around to see if I can find anything out but I can't find anything sorry.

There isn't even anything on their not so reliable Wikipedia page.

Scott

Jan 6, 2012
Thanks for looking into it Aviador :pleasantry: , if I find out any more info I'll post it here :)

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
As well as G-POWM which is operating for Jet2 all through this summer, GLA has Hi Fly A330 CS-TFZ which operated the MOD flights from BHX in November and is now at Glasgow flying both short and long haul for Thomas Cook. At the moment it is on its way to Antalya.

Severn

Premium Member
Subscriber
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
17 Mar 2020 - British Airways arrivals for storage

Positioning to GLA from LGW today for storage
A320 - G-MIDT

Positioning to GLA from LHR today for storage
A321 - G-EUXC
A321 - G-EUXG
A321 - G-EUXH
A321 - G-EUXK
A321 - G-EUXL
A321 - G-EUXM

Severn

Premium Member
Subscriber
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
British Airways aircraft stored at GLA
17 Mar 2020

A320 (G-MIDT) from LGW
A321 (G-EUXC) from LHR
A321 (G-EUXG) from LHR
A321 (G-EUXH) from LHR
A321 (G-EUXK) from LHR
A321 (G-EUXL) from LHR
A321 (G-EUXM) from LHR

20 Mar 2020
A319 (G-DBCE) from LHR
A320 (G-EUUF) from LHR
A320 (G-EUYH) from LHR
A320 (G-EUYM) from LHR

Severn

Premium Member
Subscriber
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
British Airways aircraft stored at GLA
Three more A321s arrived today from LHR for storage.

A319 (1): G-DBCE
A320 (3): G-EUUF, G-EUYH, G-EUYM
A321 (9): G-EUXC, G-EUXG, G-EUXH, G-EUXK, G-EUXL, G-EUXM, G-MEDF, G-MEDG, G-MEDU

Top Bottom