Jul 16, 2015
Seems Delta is giving Edinburgh another try.

Daily flight to JFK on B757-200 from 27th May 2016.

Seems the U.S. Carriers love Edinburgh in the summer.

Following on from the United Airlines reductions at MAN and BHX, Delta Airlines EDI-JFK scrapped for Winter, reduced to less than daily end of this summer then dropped completely for the winter 16/17 returning Spring S17 with a reduced schedule increasing for peak summer.

Delta in the last few days gradually filed inventory changes, followed by the implementation of US travel restrictions for Europe, which has been expanded to the UK and Ireland. As of 0700GMT 15MAR20, the Skyteam member has filed inventory changes up to 24MAR20, while schedule on/after 25MAR20 is pending at time this post goes to press.

New York JFK – Edinburgh 1 daily cancelled

Info credit to https://www.routesonline.com/news/3...-europe-service-update-as-of-0700gmt-15mar20/

New York JFK – Edinburgh eff 02JUL20 Service resumption, 1 daily 757-200

New York JFK – Edinburgh eff 02JUL20 Service resumption, 1 daily 757-200

Looks like it'll be the 3rd August now. A 4 weekly 767 300.

EDI-ATL route now on sale. Using same 763 equipment currently used on existing routes to/from EDI.

S23

BOS & JFK

More premium heavy 763 being used. J36 compared to J26 on 763 currently operating on both routes. We know that both routes have performed extremely well in S22. It would appear demand for J has also been very high. Delta must be confident they can fill the big buck seats.

EDI-ATL

Increased to daily rather than the originally planned 5 x weekly. Very positive news.

But people are already discussing if EDI has too much capacity to the US in S23 and will all go pop at the end of the summer season ?
I’ve also read some of the comments. I’m confident S23 will be another bumper season. EDI-ATL is the only new US route. Approx 3024 total two-way seats per week. Given that the other routes in S22 operated with mid to high 90’s LF’s for the entire season, the additional capacity you could argue is required to keep up with demand. The only route I have concerns about is VS MCO route. Yes, they’ve upgraded to a larger capacity aircraft. A high density 351 seating 400+ pax. They’re also re-starting much later compared to 2022. VS is hugely unpredictable. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them exiting EDI fairly soon. EDI management is also pushing hard to obtain a TSA Pre-clearance facility. This is very hard to get and would require a substantial financial commitment to create a small piece of the US within the terminal. It would require a whole section of the terminal, solely for flights to/from the US. I doubt very much the management would be pushing for this if they had doubts about the US market.

I’ve also read some of the comments. I’m confident S23 will be another bumper season. EDI-ATL is the only new US route. Approx 3024 total two-way seats per week. Given that the other routes in S22 operated with mid to high 90’s LF’s for the entire season, the additional capacity you could argue is required to keep up with demand. The only route I have concerns about is VS MCO route. Yes, they’ve upgraded to a larger capacity aircraft. A high density 351 seating 400+ pax. They’re also re-starting much later compared to 2022. VS is hugely unpredictable. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them exiting EDI fairly soon. EDI management is also pushing hard to obtain a TSA Pre-clearance facility. This is very hard to get and would require a substantial financial commitment to create a small piece of the US within the terminal. It would require a whole section of the terminal, solely for flights to/from the US. I doubt very much the management would be pushing for this if they had doubts about the US market.

Edinburgh being a very popular city for tourists, I would expect direct US flights to do well. My local city Liverpool, is also very popular with visitors from all over the world including the US. Hoping the Play connection continues to do well.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock