alphagolf

Jun 8, 2010
Bowerhill, Melksham. Wiltshire
World Routes 2015 takes place 19th - 22nd September 2015 in Durban, South Africa.

Bristol Airport has joined forces with Destination Bristol for the third year in succession to promote the West of England to airlines from across the globe at the world’s largest commercial aviation event in South Africa

Bristol and Bath will be represented on the VisitEngland stand in the international exhibition hall, showcasing eye-catching images of the West of England to 2,500 delegates from around the world. Since attending last year’s event in Chicago, Bristol Airport has secured services to 17 new destinations, contributing towards record passenger figures this summer. Wizz Air has also commenced operations at Bristol – the first time the airline has served the South West market.

Full article available by clicking on the following link to Bristol Airports news & media page:

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/about-us/news-and-media/news-and-media-centre/2015/09/routes

Will be interesting to see what further routes will be announced following this years event..............

Earlier this year it was hinted strongly in airport quarters that BRS just missed out on securing a NYC route for this year with the CEO saying he was confident that one would begin in 2016.

It seems that NCL's EWR route with United that has operated this summer with far fewer passenger numbers than BRS ever experienced, even at the height of the recession, will return in 2016.

I still wonder though whether airlines are waiting to see the governments's decision on devolving APD to Wales which would make a significant difference to the dynamics of Severnside-NYC.

TheLocalYokel said:
Earlier this year it was hinted strongly in airport quarters that BRS just missed out on securing a NYC route for this year with the CEO saying he was confident that one would begin in 2016.

It seems that NCL's EWR route with United that has operated this summer with far fewer passenger numbers than BRS ever experienced, even at the height of the recession, will return in 2016.

I still wonder though whether airlines are waiting to see the governments's decision on devolving APD to Wales which would make a significant difference to the dynamics of Severnside-NYC.

If a return to transatlantic flights from Bristol to the US is on the cards I would think it would have to be announced during or not long after World Routes for a Summer 2016 start, I do somewhat agree with you Local about APD, but the same could be said of Newcastle and the Scottish governments commitment to half APD in the next couple of years.

Only time will tell................

If a return to transatlantic flights from Bristol to the US is on the cards I would think it would have to be announced during or not long after World Routes for a Summer 2016 start, I do somewhat agree with you Local about APD, but the same could be said of Newcastle and the Scottish governments commitment to half APD in the next couple of years.

Only time will tell................

A good point about NCL although EDI (that might be regarded as its nearest 'rival') already has a pretty decent US portfolio so it's not quite so much of one or the other as it's likely to be on Severnside.

I note that Thomson has selected CWL as one of its UK departure points in winter 16/17 to Dubai in connection with its new cruise home port there. TOM seems to concentrate on CWL rather than BRS with its long haul cruise flights to the West Indies. I don't know whether it's a commercial or operational decision.

I've neither read nor heard any comment from the BRS senior management about the recent World Routes Conference now it has concluded.

In previous years there have been bullish remarks about how things apparently went. Last year, for instance, there were several high profile articles from the website that covers conference matters during the conference itself.

It was then that we learned that BRS was expecting a 'break though' year in 2015 with an annual passenger total expected above 6.7 million. This has proved to be the case although whether 6.7 million will actually be reached remains to be seen - it will be very close anyway.

I wonder if there is a change of strategy with cards being kept close to chest until an actual announcement or two (assuming there will be some in the forseeable future).

With all the new routes activity and infrastructure announcements and completions of the past year things seem to have gone very quiet at the airport. Can't expect another stellar year like 2015 just yet but it is to be hoped that 2016 will still see some further progress on the routes and passenger numbers fronts.

Not to mention that some time ago they were "very optimistic" about re-gaining a direct link to NYC. Haven't heard much about that since, although I suppose it might be a bit too early for spring route announcements yet? (Here's hoping)

Is Banjul making a reappearance this winter? Vaguely remember seeing it in some mayflys

Not to mention that some time ago they were "very optimistic" about re-gaining a direct link to NYC. Haven't heard much about that since, although I suppose it might be a bit too early for spring route announcements yet? (Here's hoping)

I seem to remember that when Continental announced BRS-EWR that commenced in May 2005 the announcement was made in the previous September.

The airport certainly suggested that they were very close to securing a NYC route to commence in summer 2015 and the airport CEO said several months ago that he had every confidence that one would start in 2016.

Is Banjul making a reappearance this winter? Vaguely remember seeing it in some mayflys

I'm not aware of Banjul re-starting. Sal (Cape Verde) and Hurghada will commence this winter with Thomson.

Any rumours emanating from this conference. Very quiet so far compared to Birmingham who seem to have a rash of new airlines etc.

Any rumours emanating from this conference. Very quiet so far compared to Birmingham who seem to have a rash of new airlines etc.

I've neither heard nor read anything. It's unlike BRS who usually make some sort of positive statement after returning from these conferences.

Stating the obvious but it either means that things didn't go as well as might have been hoped or that this time the airport is keeping things to itself until an announcement or announcements is/are made.

There is always the possibility that negotiations with an airline or airlines have reached a sensitive stage and it's not thought helpful to make public comments.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock