Finnair also operated their first ever A350 flight into London/Heathrow today. It was flight AY995 and operated by the same aircraft as the Amsterdam flight. I believe it is currently the only one that they have in service.

The plane, the ES-19, will carry 19 passengers to a range of 250 miles and is being designed to be capable of landing on runways as short as 2,500 feet.

The Finnish flag carrier plans to connect the Swedish capital with:

• Bangkok Suvarnabhumi (5x weekly starting on October 22, increasing to daily as of November 28),
  • Phuket (weekly starting on October 24, increasing gradually to 3x weekly as of November 30), and
  • Miami Int'l (2x weekly starting on October 29, increasing to 4x weekly as of November 29).

Flown with AY a few times to Asia, i rate them.

Finnair will launch a new route between Helsinki and Dallas Fort Worth. Flights start in February 2022 using the A350-900 aircraft. This follows Iberia’s recent announcement that they will start a Madrid-Dallas route to.

Finnair will be Dallas Fort Worths 16th foreign airline to operate out of there.

Source of info: Ishrion Aviation on twitter

Moved from BHX Movements and Heads Up.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, loosely, it is movement. Waiting at Manchester Piccadilly today for a train to Manchester Airport and got talking to a woman from China.

She was returning home to Guangzhou while I was flying to Bergamo.

Strangely, despite flights direct from Manchester, she was flying to Finland and then on to Hong Kong and finally mainland China.

Maybe Finnair should be a solid focus for the development team at Bhx..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnair have been a prime focus to BHX as have wider One World airlines....

In 2016/17 with had BA, AA, IB, QR and as such, the likes of AY (Finnair) and CX (Cathey Pacific) were the obvious next steps and i know BHX were in advance talks with them....

But then the world changed....

BA, AA, IB ended up pulling out, and then the pandemic hit....

At present, AY are struggling as their main revenue stream (EU to Far East) has been heavily impacted but the Russian Airspace ban which has massively impacted on revenue. This has partly been resolved by them leasing their unused long-haul aircraft to QR flying DOH - ARN/HEL/OSL to help QR out with their aircraft shortage, but with this now resolved, be interesting to see what comes of it...

This has partly been resolved by them leasing their unused long-haul aircraft to QR flying DOH - ARN/HEL/OSL to help QR out with their aircraft shortage, but with this now resolved, be interesting to see what comes of it...
At least 2 Finnair A350 are operating for Eurowings out of FRA to USA

Last edited:
Having engineered this current discussion, I can add a bit more. While I was waiting to board I had a fleeting glimpse of the Finnair plane landing.

Not big, I would have said it was an Embraer 170. If that is correct, then there is not a vast traffic between Man and Helsinki.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock