Airline & Aircraft Liveries

Advertisement

David_itl

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2016
We can look forward to seeing a newly painted BEA A319 G-EUPJ in the next couple of weeks. Pity it's only going to be 3 747s and 1 A319 in retro BA colours as given the amount of short-haul aircraft in their fleet, it would be good to see 3 or 4 retro A319s/A320s

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
A319 G–EUPJ in BEA livery, due to leave SNN on 3 March
747 G–BNLY in Negus livery due to leave DUB on 9 March
747 G–CIVB in Landor livery due to leave DUB on 20 March

Ryan Kirkpatrick

Dec 15, 2018
Walsall
My BOAC 747 at LHR along with some of the other Retro's I have caught over the years at BHX & Manchester.

Attachments

jfy1999

Staff member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Gulf Air have put a retro livery on a 787:

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
I'm not usually one who bothers much about airline liveries or even the shape of a particular aircraft type, but I've long thought that the Constellation is one of the most elegant looking aircraft ever designed.

I love the artist's impression of all the passengers dressed up to the nines which is how it used to be then of course. Flying was an event, not the almost everyday occurrence it has become - virus effects excepted.

Thank you for posting this, Scottie.

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
Liveries are the identity of those wonderful machines and if kept simple can be memorable.

Remember British Caledonian with the Lion Rampant upon the rudder of the DC10, could that be more obvious?, KLM, obvious, as is Aer Lingus, American, SAS even....simplicity is best.

Trying to be clever can be a miserable and expensive mistake as with BA and those world tails, I hated those.

Top Bottom