Question for you guys? I saw the red mist when I first read these comments on a BBC article from a passenger on the BA flight that had to divert to Valencia due to a smoke-filled cabin

Daniel, who was on the plane with his wife, said the situation was "poorly handled" by staff and there was a lack of communication about what was happening.
"Nobody was on hand when we went down the slide so my wife hit the tarmac very hard," he said, adding that he and his wife were bruised.
"We were left for hours in the terminal with ground crew that had no idea what was happening and nobody spoke English."

It made me angry seeing how entitled those comments come across. Am I unfairly angry or does anyone feel the same? It was a diversion for their safety, not a standard landing!

I will appreciate your comments, can't tell if I'm losing the plot

I agree with you mate, some of the pictures are beyond belief.

God forbid I should ever be in that situation but if I was and someone in front of my family and I were grabbing a bag or taking a picture they'd get my size 10's full force in their back.

He and his wife are bruised? Surely better than dead!?!?!

Left for hours in a terminal building with all of those nice facilities to hand? Surely better than a burning hollow metal tube!?!?!

Ground crew that couldn't speak English? They were in Spain for heavens sake!?!?!

The only action those passengers should be taking towards the crew is buying them a large scotch each and saying thank you for getting us on the ground safely.

Those Spanish are a disgrace only speaking in Spanish in Spain and so far as the flight crew are concerned I would imagine they were a tad preoccupied and not having the time to have a chat with the passengers probably worked on the basis that if they get down in one piece all the people sat behind them will do the same. Perhaps the cabin crew should have evacuated first then they could have been at the bottom of the slides to thank the passengers for flying BA.

What's the betting a compensation claim is in the pipeline?

I agree with you mate, some of the pictures are beyond belief.

God forbid I should ever be in that situation but if I was and someone in front of my family and I were grabbing a bag or taking a picture they'd get my size 10's full force in their back.

He and his wife are bruised? Surely better than dead!?!?!

Left for hours in a terminal building with all of those nice facilities to hand? Surely better than a burning hollow metal tube!?!?!

Ground crew that couldn't speak English? They were in Spain for heavens sake!?!?!

The only action those passengers should be taking towards the crew is buying them a large scotch each and saying thank you for getting us on the ground safely.

Well said mate (y)

Everything has been said in the previous posts. I can add nothing further. It seems that some of the passengers were incensed because the pilots did not offer a running commentary about the unfolding situation instead of trying to get the aircraft safely onto the ground. I often despair at the way our society is heading - entitlement, litigation, rights but nothing about individual responsibility and common sense.

What i would like to do is invite everyone of those posters to go and sit in the jump seat in a flight simulator. Recreate the emergency (complete with smoke) and make them watch and listen, with their oxygen masks on.
Might make some think again but i fear even then some will be still thinking ££££

I totally agree. Times we live in. Make Britain great gain...rubbish. not with miserables like that living here. If I was BA I would put him to the bottom of the in-tray and consider whether to let him on the return flight and if I did, I would call his name out on the return flight, ask him to see the captain and then inform everyone on the plane what a ass he has been.

But BA they will act professionally and show him what respect and dignity looks like.

Those individuals allegedly filming the apparent chaos instead of obeying instructions in an emergency situation should face lifetime bans instead of banking illgotten monies , or perhaps saving for a good lawyer to defend possible charges for breach of the relevant section of the current Air Navigation Order that concerns behaviour of passengers on commercial flights etc.

I sometimes want to scream at the selfie generation

Unfortunatetly it has become a sign of the times.We are all to blame, in as much as when something happens, good bad or otherwise, out comes the phone and click away.Within seconds it is all over the internet and media.Some will look for money,while others just want to put other peoples misery out there for all to see.
In this case,evacuating the plane was priority,therefore anyone filming should have had their phones taken off them.There should be a law introduced where a prosecution can be brought to anyone using phones and or social media when they should be evacuating a specific area.After all,it is in everyones interest to get away from a problem area ASAP.

On a different note,i see Extinction Rebellion caused chaos today.They blocked the A38 Bristol Road at the Belgrave Middleway junction, one of Brum busiest junctions.
Someone should have a word with them,that while protesting about climate change is fair enough, but slowing ,stopping, start moving, stopping etc actually causes more emissions from vehicles.
As usual it is the ordinary hard working people who end up suffering.

NICE ONE EXTINCTION REBELLION GRRRR!!!!

A few weeks ago Extinction Rebellion caused mayhem in Bristol for five consecutive days including at one point blocking the entrance to the M32 for several hours, which is the link from the M4 into the city. In previous protests they demonstrated at Bristol Airport and in the main shopping centre.

As with London some time ago ER's antics consumed huge police resources (for the most part in Bristol standing by to ensure they were able to exercise their human right to demonstrate - didn't matter that the human rights of tens of thousands of others to go about their lawful business were compromised as a result). Some parts of the force area were denuded of cover as a result.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock