Anyone catch Midlands news this morning on Breakfast? If not the you should be aware that all British Airways flights from Birmingham have been cancelled today - well that’s a large loss of traffic!!!!
I saw that. Even though I live in Essex I watch the Midlands news where I can to keep in touch. More misinformation like that and I won't bother. Can't blame the newsreader who appeared to doubt what she said as she finished saying it.

Flying Jet 2 BHX-TFS in a couple of weeks I have been with them before and I cannot recall paying the extra to sit together / choose seats and pretty sure we have always got 4 seats together.
They are trying to sell me the option this time at £9 per seat which ramps up to £72 for 4 pax 2 flights !
Dilemma - do I risk it again and not pay ?
Anyone experienced any issues of being split up because they have not paid the extra ?

As we travel with the kids I always book seats, it definitely adds up though.

I memory serves I think Jet2 online check in opens 28 days before the flight, I'd be doing it as soon as it becomes available.

Is it worth checking the seat maps for the day you go to see how the seats are filling up and what is available?

Flying Jet 2 BHX-TFS in a couple of weeks I have been with them before and I cannot recall paying the extra to sit together / choose seats and pretty sure we have always got 4 seats together.
They are trying to sell me the option this time at £9 per seat which ramps up to £72 for 4 pax 2 flights !
Dilemma - do I risk it again and not pay ?
Anyone experienced any issues of being split up because they have not paid the extra ?
When I went to krakow I didnt pre book seats and thought I would choose seats at the online check in. Going out we sat together but coming back no mater what seats I selected they would not sit us together only C and D seats even though there were blocks of empty seats.
I went on the web chat to ask why i couldnt select a pair of the many unbooked seats and they came up with B/S of the booking engine selected the next 2 available seats from the middle of the aircraft, but no matter how many times i tried to select different seats around the aircraft it always selected seats apart and said we had to pay to sit together, funnily enough the couple in front of us were also in front of us on the way out who also had C and D seats inbound but sat together outbound
At the same time I had read on the news that the CAA were looking into airline booking system algorithms that purposely split passengers up so they would have to pay to sit together, I mentioned this to the agent during the convesation who denied it but by some strange coincidence the EF seats next to me on the return sector were both empty with the aircraft nearly full so me and er indoors did sit together in the end.

Just a note to inform anyone interested, Freeview Ch 30, 5Star 9pm Wednesday, Phuket airport gets a reality tv treatment. The channel 5 stable have been good recently with aviation stuff with Secrets of the Royal Flight coming up on 5 Friday night 9.15pm.

pretty strong evidence from Alex Mach-eras on twitter that TCX has already gone under

See attached tweet

Tweet

There is some rather sceptical people in the comments to his thread of tweets, therefore I am not going to say for sure until an official press release, but its not looking good...

pretty strong evidence from Alex Mach-eras on twitter that TCX has already gone under

See attached tweet

Tweet

There is some rather sceptical people in the comments to his thread of tweets, therefore I am not going to say for sure until an official press release, but its not looking good...
I doubt if anything has been said yet, it will be early in the morning. When monarch went under the CEO and co new on the friday ( he registered a consultancy company also on the friday) but they kept it secret until the last aircraft landed on monday morning before announcing the enevitable.

similarly with Monarch however there was leaks from different aspects of the industry of the news, people chose to dismiss it as speculation but when the news came it was of the airlines demise

by no stretch am i saying that its for certain that is going on right now, but its looking more and more likely

its really sad

I feel like a rant.

So in a week that most people are hoping will come to an end pretty quickly regarding BHX, not only does our airport not match our cities status but now it is creating issues for development in the city with its stupid high rise policy. You couldn't make it up.

One Eastside | James Watt Queensway | Residential | 51/15fl | 155/51m | Prop

Goes to committee on the 10th

Quote:
7. Conclusion
7.1. The proposal would provide a well-designed tower development and result in a high quality brownfield development on a prominent and sustainable City Centre location in accordance with the aims and objectives of both local and national planning policy. Issues raised by objections have been appraised, and on balance, the wider benefits of the scheme would outweigh any potential impacts. Therefore subject to the signing of the S106 agreement, the proposal should be approved.

8. Recommendation
8.1. That consideration of planning application 2019/04239/PA be deferred pending the removal of Birmingham Airport’s objection.
8.2 If insufficient information is submitted to remove Birmingham Airport’s objection then the application be refused for the following reason:
a) Insufficient information has been submitted to demonstrate that the cranes needed to construct the development would not adversely impact on aviation safety contrary to High Places SPG and NPPF.
8.3 That consideration of planning application 2019/04239/PA be deferred pending the completion of a planning obligation agreement to secure the following:
a) 20 one and two bed Affordable Private Rent units. The provision of these units shall be split 50/50 and pepper potted across the site. 50% of the units shall be provided by first occupation, with the remaining 50% provided by 75% occupancy. The rental cost of these units shall be retained at 20% below local market value in perpetuity.
b) A mechanism to secure a review of the financial appraisal/contribution should the development change from a PRS scheme to market sale.
c) Payment of a monitoring and administration fee associated with the legal
agreement of £10,000.
Objections:

Quote:
Birmingham Airport – Object as the information does not assess the impact of the towers or the cranes on the safeguarding zone of the formalised flightpath.

Quote:
Birmingham airport have raised an objection to the scheme due to there being insufficient information submitted to demonstrate that the cranes needed for construction would not adversely impact upon the recently formalised flightpath.

The applicant continues to work with the Airport to address these concerns and have provided details of a ‘saddleback’ crane. Critically this would then mean the cranes would not exceed the height of the BT Tower and should not adversely impact on the safeguarding zone. Birmingham Airport is currently considering this solution.

However, in order to prevent further delay to this application I consider it would be appropriate for your Committee to defer minded to approve subject to the removal of this objection. An appropriate resolution is therefore recommended.

Hopefully the issue can be resolved but bearing in mind we already have a building which is 152 metres tall (BT Tower) how petty are they being ???????

How many skyscrapers are near LCY ???????

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I imagine developers on Canary Wharf would have to jump though even more hoops though?

To me it seems that the primary concern for BHX would be WM police helicopter operations and possibly airliners going around at low level after an aborted landing.

I imagine developers on Canary Wharf would have to jump though even more hoops though?

To me it seems that the primary concern for BHX would be WM police helicopter operations and possibly airliners going around at low level after an aborted landing.

However do other cities not have police helicopters and have taller towers than Brum and are safely operated without them crashing into them ?????

However do other cities not have police helicopters and have taller towers than Brum and are safely operated without them crashing into them ?????
The objection from BHX is to do with the cranes rather than the height of the building.

I'm guessing there's a legal requirement for ATC to be made aware of tall cranes, otherwise the airport may be held responsible if we were to have a repeat of the London helicopter crash:

possibly airliners going around at low level after an aborted landing.

Although all airports have published missed approach procedures many of the busier airports will issue headings to fly on with the go around instruction i.e. "Ryanair123 go-around fly heading 180". Either way BHX missed approach procedures don't go anywhere near the city centre.

I think rather than this being BHX going out of their way to object to these proposals, its more an objection by default. As @jfy1999 points out, it's likely a CAA/legal requirement that airports object to any proposals that intrude into their airspace. If that's the case, it's more a case of Court Collaboration missing out on something in their application.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock