Must have looked high from a Doubledecker? I used to know Hall Green and Shirley quite well. Bought a couple of bikes from Sherwoods. Also Moseley and Kings Heath and lived in Olton (wake green rd) for a few months.

Yes,it did look high up.To be honest,when I was young I never used to like going over that flyover.It never really looked safe from a bus passengers view point.
Talking of bikes,did you ever visit the bike store on the Stratford Rd just past the railway bridge in Sparkbrook.I think it was called Vale Onslow,or something similar?

Ah nostalgia, you can't beat it... I got told off some time ago for going 'off-topic' when i mentioned Moor Street Station, but as much as a lot of old Brum was drab, there remains a timeless beauty about this station. It is a real gem in the heart of a rapidly changing and modern city, and what a foil for the brand, spanking new multi-million£ Grand Central.

But, maybe my memory goes back a bit further than most. I can remember the trams down the Bristol Road. Woohoo!

Never went in Vale Onslows but drove past quite a few times. I did dabble in motocross and built a practice track at the side of the M6 near corley and vale onslows nephew came over one evening to try it out, needless to say he was considerably better than me!
There are some beautiful old buildings in Birmingham, I dont have a problem with redevelopment if they leave the nice stuff alone and try to keep off the green belt. once its gone its gone forever.

My favourite memory of Birmingham is the old Rotunda with the red Coca Cola sign, at that time Brum was like a mini las vegas at night. It was more lit up at night in the 80s than what it is today. Even the lights on top of the BT tower flashed, they don't any more.

Also the buses were yellow and blue and used to love going on the double decker metrobuses, they used to make a great humming sound. Awesome.

Dome nightclub anybody, he he he or anybody who used to like really late nights. Tins Tins at the side of the old bullring was quite unique at the time. Used to stay open really late and made you feel really naughty, especially when everywhere closed at 2am on a Saturday night. Gosh, how times have changed.

The Dome. Was slightly after my nightclub days. Was that on the Bristol Rd? Opened in about 85?

Does anyone remember the huge neon pint glass on the side of the 'Fuji Film' building that used to empty and refill? Bew XI I think it may have been?

The Dome and Dome II were like second homes during the late 90's, so many great nights (from what I remember). It was also much more chilled out than Exile and Ritzy. I'd totally forgotten about Tin Tin's :happy:

I spent the late 80's and early 90's in Costermongers, The Pen and Wig, Edwards No 8 (probably the best club ever, it will never be replaced) and XL's. Great days. I memorised a friends older brothers birthday and used his driving licence from the age of 14. No photo ID in those days, probably why kids today are stood on the street drinking bottles of Vodka.

Yeah i remember the Fuji film building. Fuji Film used to light up too in green. Brum was amazing at night with the rotunda coca cola. Now what do we have, a stupid little sign on top of the Hyatt Hotel that nobody can see. :rage:

I remember the fuji film building, has the building gone now or just the signs? Suspect the building because wasnt it quite old?

I used to love this on the top deck of the bus.

7482422558_5d1f4be8d9_b.jpg

Not my photo, credit to the taker.

I wonder who wrote the Wiki page for Monkspath :shifty:

Under 'facilities'

Conveniently, the estate features Ferrari, Porsche and Maserati dealerships.

:woot:

That's nostalgia heaven.

A Mini, a Lada, a Vauxhall Nova, a Ford Capri (who jumped a red light (n)), a Ford Cortina, a Ford Sierra.......and I love the sound of the bus engine.

My how Sparkbrook has changed. I can't believe how clean it looks on that clip.

A few years ago I stopped at that petrol station on the right for some charcoal. It was about 7pm and the cashier refused to come outside to open the cage for me to get a bag, he said "It's too dangerous" :meh:

I had no idea that there were traffic lights at Camp Hill Circus? I've only ever known it as a roundabout?

Is that a white Sierra Cosworth parked up at 3:30?

Oh my life. Costermongers. I started my stag night there before moving onto some less enjoyable pubs (which don't exist anymore). Never was into night clubs like R & J's or the Dome. I had very varied music tastes (still do) so did not really fit in with the fashionable crowd. I used to travel from Sheldon to Handsworth (there and back) every day for school so was very familiar with the city centre and remember the flyover bring a temporary structure (which lasted at least 15 years if not more).

built in the early sixties over a weekend apparently, was meant to be temporary but lasted over 25 years

I had my first ever draught beer in Costers.

I remember my mate nearly got chucked out for ordering a 'medium' cider. "This aint a f#@$ing wine bar ya know" the landlord shouted at him. We then shouted at him for nearly getting us booted out of the only pub that would serve us at the age of 14.

Costers, The Pen and Wig, The Black Horse, The Pot of Beer then on to Eddies.

Did anybody used to go to Eddies or XL's in the late 80's to mid 90's?

went to edwards a few times, wasnt there a no 7 and no 8? One of them was a nightclub previously called something else? Car jumping the lights was an RS2000. Sierra looked silver so rules out a Cosworth as they only came in black,white, or a grey blue called moondust.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock