Piece in the local paper saying that Leeds station will overtake Kings Cross in terms of pax numbers by 2023...astonishing.
I just posted about that too. The key thing is that Leeds Council are desperate for the station to be expanded to cope with demand and to provide the city with an outstanding station.

We need the same attitude now regarding the airport. Same problem!

@GAZNZ(2) Modern world or not, it isn't really appropriate for an aviation forum so it's gone. I understand some people might find that funny but this isn't the right place for it. We have a readership that goes far and wide, from a young age and into retirement so please be mindful of this in future.

@GAZNZ(2) Modern world or not, it isn't really appropriate for an aviation forum so it's gone. I understand some people might find that funny but this isn't the right place for it. We have a readership that goes far and wide, from a young age and into retirement so please be mindful of this in future.
I'm 56 and never offended anyone in my life - maybe I'm growing old disgracefully!!
Of course, you are 100% correct Aviador - sincere apologies to all.

I don`t think it ever was a problem whilst in the cruise it was the take offs and climb out that was. You would have thought they be doing dozens of the latter every day for weeks but hey ho...Just hope EASA takes a stricter line on what constitutes safe testing.

I cannot seem to access the Multiflight thread for some reason, so I will ask the question here. Is the cafe fully reopening this weekend?

Tell me about it, If Ryanair start using them think I will swap to jet2s standard 800 series!
They said that about the Comet. It turned into a good and safe aircraft. There are many aircraft types with poor safety records and ones far worse than the 737 max.
When it returns to service it should (repeat, SHOULD) be very safe. Eventually it will be hard to avoid flying in them.

They said that about the Comet. It turned into a good and safe aircraft. There are many aircraft types with poor safety records and ones far worse than the 737 max.
When it returns to service it should (repeat, SHOULD) be very safe. Eventually it will be hard to avoid flying in them.
Many years ago I flew on an md11 to the states, aparantly there a handful to fly with numerous incidents, always remember him banging it down hard on the runway at Vegas!

Many years ago I flew on an md11 to the states, aparantly there a handful to fly with numerous incidents, always remember him banging it down hard on the runway at Vegas!
The DC10 had numerous accidents yet was very popular for many years. Viscounts were much loved but have you seen how many were involved in accidents? Same with the 707.

Aviation learns from mistakes with each aircraft type. They have to get the MAX right this time. Boeing depends on it and it's not likely to survive if after all this time another goes down with the same issues. They have hundreds on the order books and a lot sat grounded.

Let's face it, the aviation industry needs the 737 and the MAX is all that's available going forward. No way Airbus can meet demand for the A320 if Boeing go under.

You are right WH, but the USA won't let them go under. They will find some military need and that will keep them going. Governmental help??. Something they keep on hammering about with Airbus.

Airbus and the EU claim that Boeing is subsidised by the U.S. government by awarding them military contracts which pay well over the odds, the hidden excess to be used to subsidise the civil aviation division.

The DC10 had numerous accidents yet was very popular for many years. Viscounts were much loved but have you seen how many were involved in accidents? Same with the 707.

Aviation learns from mistakes with each aircraft type. They have to get the MAX right this time. Boeing depends on it and it's not likely to survive if after all this time another goes down with the same issues. They have hundreds on the order books and a lot sat grounded.

Let's face it, the aviation industry needs the 737 and the MAX is all that's available going forward. No way Airbus can meet demand for the A320 if Boeing go under.

Flew regularly on the KLM DC10s in the late 80's. It was lovely. Quiet, spacous and smooth. Shame it got a bad name in early life which, together with the popularity of the 747, meant that orders dried up and they ceased production in the early 90's I think. Superseded by the MD11, I think, I was back working in the UK by then though so never travelled in an MD11.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock