Could well be that one of the councilors sneezed , had at test that proved positive and declared an infection and will have to be put back until the New Year

Could well be that one of the councilors sneezed , had at test that proved positive and declared an infection and will have to be put back until the New Year
from what I read the 22nd oct LCC meeting was actually to look at plans for a new 43 story student block to be built in leeds city centre which I believe will be the tallest building yet, great news for leeds but imagine all the electricity used creating more co2! :finger:

from what I read the 22nd oct LCC meeting was actually to look at plans for a new 43 story student block to be built in leeds city centre which I believe will be the tallest building yet, great news for leeds but imagine all the electricity used creating more co2! :finger:
To be occupied by many overseas students who will arrive by air (post covid)

I refuse to believe that the termina development will be rejected. Maybe that's naive but it just wouldn't make economic sense. The real issue here though is that the council have tied themselves in knots on green strategies and just dont know how to untangle them. That's what happened in Bristol too.

But where have they got to go if they reject it? Nowhere,except a high court or judicial review which will cost a fortune.

The sad thing is that there's no other organisation who have the money to take them to court on their other silly decisions eg improved road mapping around the area.

One concern I do have, given the hit on the council's budgets, due to covid, will the park and ride station even be built?

So, Tier 3 it is then. That will now kill off any unnecessary travel into and out of the region, so I doubt that we will see too much activity now over the long hard winter. May as well get the green light for the terminal now and get the diggers in while it is quiet.

Very apt LBAYORKIE. With LBA being so reliant on Jet2 I also fear for the future of the airport and, to a lesser extent, for Jet2. I say for a lesser extent based only on the fact that they can juggle their operations to suit whatever market is there with the choice of expanding or even moving bases to suit their business. LBA can't move however and are subject to local passenger needs and of course the whims of local Councillors which, as it stands today, is not very promising for them.

I trust I am wrong on this but the picture going forward isn't rosy by any means.

I refuse to believe that the termina development will be rejected. Maybe that's naive but it just wouldn't make economic sense. The real issue here though is that the council have tied themselves in knots on green strategies and just dont know how to untangle them. That's what happened in Bristol too.

But where have they got to go if they reject it? Nowhere,except a high court or judicial review which will cost a fortune.

The sad thing is that there's no other organisation who have the money to take them to court on their other silly decisions eg improved road mapping around the area.

One concern I do have, given the hit on the council's budgets, due to covid, will the park and ride station even be built?
As I recall, the money for the Parkway Station is not Leeds money, it's West Yorkshire Combined Authority dealing with it, and the money was ring fenced for transport schemes. I think it was a condition set by Government when they rejected schemes such as the Leeds tram & Trolleybus, but allowed the funding to be kept. I don't think the council or combined authority can just spend it on other things.

So, Tier 3 it is then. That will now kill off any unnecessary travel into and out of the region, so I doubt that we will see too much activity now over the long hard winter. May as well get the green light for the terminal now and get the diggers in while it is quiet.

Just to clarify, travel within and in/out of tier 2 or 3 areas is not legally prohibited. There are no legal restrictions on travel and you would not be committing an offence by doing so.

There is some guidance suggesting you should avoid it if possible, but it is only guidance. But as you say, the perception may be that people prefer not to travel now as restrictions generally get increased.

Very apt LBAYORKIE. With LBA being so reliant on Jet2 I also fear for the future of the airport and, to a lesser extent, for Jet2. I say for a lesser extent based only on the fact that they can juggle their operations to suit whatever market is there with the choice of expanding or even moving bases to suit their business. LBA can't move however and are subject to local passenger needs and of course the whims of local Councillors which, as it stands today, is not very promising for them.

I trust I am wrong on this but the picture going forward isn't rosy by any means.
Too many doom mongers on this site think positive you have at least a month to think about it

As I recall, the money for the Parkway Station is not Leeds money, it's West Yorkshire Combined Authority dealing with it, and the money was ring fenced for transport schemes. I think it was a condition set by Government when they rejected schemes such as the Leeds tram & Trolleybus, but allowed the funding to be kept. I don't think the council or combined authority can just spend it on other things.
I really hope so WH but look what happened to the green carbon charge if you entered from outer ring road ...money allocated from Government and West Yorks Combined Authority and cameras installed etc and its bizarrely just been abandoned.

Just booked my summer holiday flight for Leeds-Faro-Leeds with Ryanair in August. Always flown with Jet 2 with the family 2 + 3 but Jet 2 were a staggering £600 more expensive and if I chose the earlier flight £800 more expensive.

I know there trying to make up for this year but I just couldn’t justify supporting Jet 2 this time around

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock