8 - Tottenham Hotspur
9 - Liverpool
10 - Bolton Wanderers
11 - Sheffield Wednesday
12 - Swansea City
13 - Millwall
14 - Hamilton Academicals
15 - Queen of the South

Interestingly the only airlines mentioned by Raab being chartered were BA, Virgin, easyJet and our own Jet2. The interesting thing for me is that after being involved with the Govt on this repatriation effort all four seem to be in the right place for Govt support should that become necessary.

Im still trying to grasp the situation unfolding here, more or less every aircraft in the uk and Europe parked up stored with only a handful of flights operating, not one single aircraft in the skies above, half the uk airports shut and others only seeing a handful of flights, its like 9/11 x10! This virus really needs to bugger off asap !

Nothing like 9/11 as far as many things are concerned. Then there was no lockdown, no food shortages because of greedy people over reacting. I was working as a business travel agent at hat time and ended up working all sorts of extra hours because of having clients stuck in Alaska - you would book a new flight to get them down to LA or San Francisco for the next day and then find that this was subsequently cancelled and the whole thing started all over again.

At least we know where we are with this -just not how long for, but at least another 6 weeks i would say.

They reckon this could be worse than 80’s
It will be because until the virus is 100% gone which could take years, everyone will be on edge, for eg if many still had it imagine sitting on a plane where most brush against each other, the fear that it will just spread again! Until its more or less 100% gone nothing much will change, people will get poorer, services will collapse and governments will be bankrupt. One positive is a book by Sylvia browne, all about predictions and prophecies, in this book it states around 2020 a severe virus attacking the lungs resistant to all medicines will strike big time, but it will vanish as quick as it appeared!! im in hope.

One thing I've yet to understand is that once the virus was identified here why didn't the Govt didn't ban air travel at the same time as they introduced social distancing. This only came in as a result of other countries closing their borders forcing our the majority of our airlines to stop operating by default. What will happen when Spain and Italy for example open their borders again?

Accordning to the experts we are several weeks behind these and other countries, so by implication, if we suddenly start taking flights again to these countries will we start the virus going again? I don't know the answer but it worries me.

One thing I've yet to understand is that once the virus was identified here why didn't the Govt didn't ban air travel at the same time as they introduced social distancing. This only came in as a result of other countries closing their borders forcing our the majority of our airlines to stop operating by default. What will happen when Spain and Italy for example open their borders again?

Accordning to the experts we are several weeks behind these and other countries, so by implication, if we suddenly start taking flights again to these countries will we start the virus going again? I don't know the answer but it worries me.
It sounds crazy but if just ONE single person has covid-19 and is around others it will spread again, unless it does just die away we are faced with an horrendous situation!

One thing I've yet to understand is that once the virus was identified here why didn't the Govt didn't ban air travel at the same time as they introduced social distancing.
In the beginning the government wanted to build up herd immunity so banning all flights would not have helped with that.

So does anyone know why Loganair seem to be still operating when just about every other airlines is grounded other than the freight operators ?

So does anyone know why Loganair seem to be still operating when just about every other airlines is grounded other than the freight operators ?
When i check flightradar all i see are loganair turboprops and emb jets, I would say its mainly due to them been buisness flights and perhaps due to them been the only domestic airline around now esp with flybe going under? still a few BA flights flying too.

These flights plus the underground in London cannot be keeping the separation rules !
I know its difficult but is this really what we want to see ?

Ah yes the death toll...now how many, do you reckon, are Covid 19 and exactly how many are written off as that, without further and proper investigation?..Many worldwide, especially Italy with the second oldest population in the world, had a regular high death toll in normal times. So when they die of natural causes its easy to write it of as the `Beast from the East`..In case you are wondering, I know of a very tragic cot death near me a couple of days ago. Without betraying any confidences the medics were trying to write it off as Covid 19. Fortunately the Coroner became involved and it was stopped and a proper investigation will take place.
Lets all be very careful but I`d treat the hysterically quotes figures with a healthy degree of caution. Keep safe everyone but don`t panic please..

Just watched an A320 of Alitalia land and take off at Heathrow !
Arrived from and departed to Rome Fumanchino.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock