It was weird ...the PM mentioned aviation in passing in relation to quarantine but with no details. Cant believe no mention was made of the need for masks...virtually every other country are pushing wearing them.

Cant believe no mention was made of the need for masks...virtually every other country are pushing wearing them.
The document being published right now by the UK Government on behalf of England advises that people in England should aim to wear face coverings on public transport and in some shops, as well as in enclosed spaces where social distancing is not always possible.

Everyone will be going to France now.

Why are some countries exempt? Surely if you going to quarantine people, it should be everyone. I don't believe they have thought this through. How are they going to police it? :unsure:

Its called pragmatic politics.....even in a pandemic life goes on and so does politics..You might not understand it or like it but thats how the world works. Quid pro quo...It might become clearer further down the line, what this deal was about or maybe not..

I hope covid understands these politics and stops at the French /UK border, despite said politicians always quoting basing their decisions on 'scientific evidence'. Similar to us being told last night that household members are only allowed to play golf in a 2 ball..that evolved to being able to play someone outside the household today. Its evolving because it's simply not been thought thru.

Does anyone have the april LBA total passenger figures! :nailbiting: :cry:
It isn't on the CAA website yet. As TLY would tell you, it would have been before they updated their system 3 years ago. I doubt if they will be available for a week at least.
Still waiting for March's CAA figures for these airports: Aberdeen, Bournemouth, Bristol, Glasgow, Guernsey, London City, Southampton and Southend.

The RAF/MOD must have had a change of parameters because the last time The Red Arrows were moved from RAF Scampton they couldn't go to RAF Waddington because it was an operational station unlike RAF Cranwell which was and still is a training station.
One other point which hasn't been addressed is where will they carry out their training, when they were moved last time they had to fly back to RAF Scamptonand use its airspace because RAF Cranwell couldn't accommodate them neither could RAF Waddington because WADDO was and still is an operational station.
I am pleased they are staying in Lincoln but rather they had stayed at RAF Scampton as i only live 2 miles away

There`s a shortage of housing at Waddo but if they get red of the Red Arrows from Scampton the MOD Can flog it off...at a pittance as they normally do. Cranwell would have been ideal but there are plans to relocate all training there from Halton, as well as diverse units like CAM (Centre for Aviation Medicine) from Henlow as well. Plans bogged down due to a lack of forethought, at present. As soon as they close Scampton they`ll realise they needed it.
Wittering would have been adaptable but they`ve turned it into a truck park!!..

The MOD Im afraid do not own any housing as it was all sold off to a private company in the 1990s, 90% of the homes at Scampton are in private hands. A few years ago a large Strike Command unit was due to move in, a lot of money was spent on the station before it was dropped because of this policy, they wasn't enough married accommodation available on camp
If any of the quarters at Waddo are sold to private buyers I'm afraid the MOD or Government will see a penny.
I agree RAF Wittering would have been better but they may have had the same problem with the motorists on the A1 rubber necking as they had when the Harriers arrived there in the 70s

The selling off of the housing was a scandal that never made the headlines..My son and his family are presently living in MOD property so yes the MOD will only get what the airfield is worth. On the other hand Leeming has spare capacity and unlike Wittering is still maintained, and sometimes used, for operations.

I don't know about RAF Leeming now but in the mid 70s I went on detachment with 617 sqn (vulcans) there and a few years later RAF Leeming and RAF Scampton swopped commands and 617 ended up there permanently with the tornado
As for the selling of the houses yes it was a scandal

My only memory of Leeming was staying there for a couple of weeks in the mid 60's on a course (non RAF). I recall the grub in the officers mess was very palatable indeed. Don't remember too much else though.
On the question of MOD accommodation our friends at Brize still had houses on camp in the late 90's as I used to send one of my instructors there quite frequently. Most of the time he would stay in a pub not a million miles away but there was once when nothing was available and I had to ask for accommodation on camp for him. He wasn't impressed however.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock