14 day quarantine period on all returning passengers from abroad to be introduced from 8th june! so a 2 week holiday abroad will require 4 weeks off work plus all the extra hassle of giving boarder force your contact details inc address and tel number to track your where abouts.
Guess this will pretty much end all air travel until restrictions are lifted! :cry:

I've stopped watching the news. It's just too depressing. Until the R rate goes down we will be stuck like this.
Im always one for watching the news (usually to have a laugh at the poor bbc coverage) but like yourself ive stopped watching the news myself with this virus. Its just the same depressing news everyday which usually consists of the daily death count, another biz gone bust and a load of so called experts talking on webcams! we are about two weeks into the slight easing of the lockdown so it will be interesting to see what happens to the R rate and the infection rate is over the next week, if it goes down that's a good sign.
Its just unbelievable whats happened this year, who would have thought all this would of happened!

My own opinion on this quarantine is that it is for a very limited period and I agree with Heather that a restart date around early July is very likely. As for Shearings, its actually the parent company that has gone bust. Shearings and National were profitable so they will rise from the ashes. What this virus is showing up is just how these companies have worked. Buy everything up on cheap money, load the firm with debt and use new bookings money to fund the day to day activities. Nothing in the bank, nothing for a rainy day, just maximise the profits to feed the share price. It might herald a new beginning.
Jet2, on the other hand, worked to a rainy day principle....and it shows..

Just don`t get me started on the media or we`ll be here all day!!

The aviation industry at least should be well aware of rainy days. It's part and parcel of this cut throat industry. So while some airlines take the necessary precautions, others don't and we know what happens to them.

I have been watching a Dr John Campbell on the Internet for a while now. He gives good common sense in what is going on. Yesterday he gave a talk about the lock down. He said that if we had worn face masks as a population we wouldn't need a lock down as wearing one was just as effective as staying in. Cheaper and not as damaging to the economy.

If you think about it the aviation industry is a sort of giant ponzi scheme where we as the customers pay a deposit maybe a year ahead and then are required to pay in full maybe 8 weeks or more in the expectation of receiving the product we want in the hope enough other people will buy the same thing as us.

When the rainy day comes and it's p*****g down now theres a distinct lack of umbrellas.

My own opinion on this quarantine is that it is for a very limited period and I agree with Heather that a restart date around early July is very likely. As for Shearings, its actually the parent company that has gone bust. Shearings and National were profitable so they will rise from the ashes. What this virus is showing up is just how these companies have worked. Buy everything up on cheap money, load the firm with debt and use new bookings money to fund the day to day activities. Nothing in the bank, nothing for a rainy day, just maximise the profits to feed the share price. It might herald a new beginning.
Jet2, on the other hand, worked to a rainy day principle....and it shows..

Just don`t get me started on the media or we`ll be here all day!!
ive said that all along, very few companies have a rainy day fund, and reg the media im not sure which is worse, the virus or bbc news coverage! :unsure:

I have been watching a Dr John Campbell on the Internet for a while now. He gives good common sense in what is going on. Yesterday he gave a talk about the lock down. He said that if we had worn face masks as a population we wouldn't need a lock down as wearing one was just as effective as staying in. Cheaper and not as damaging to the economy.
If I wore a face mask I wouldn't be here now probably as I can't breathe with it on! The result of an argument with a garden gate age 3 that the NHS didn't fix. However, there was another 'expert' on Look North ( which now seems to rarely cover anything that doesn't include the words Coronavirus Pandemic), and she said wearing a mask was pretty pointless. All these so called experts can't agree so they can't really be experts at all as obviously they can't all be right.

It's not as simple as that. Masks work only if they are used correctly. The amount of people you see touching them or only covering their mouth is unbelievable. Also you have to take into account personal hygiene. You can wear a mask as often as you like but if you don't keep your hands clean (enough) it takes away the benefits.

Microscopic virus particles will go where they want whether we have masks on or not, you only have to look at say cig smoke, it flys all over the place, the virus particles are so tiny they will get carried everywhere. Like what WH stated, you get some of the so called experts saying we should where masks and those that say we are ok without them! If they were experts should they not be all saying the same thing! :unsure:

If I wore a face mask I wouldn't be here now probably as I can't breathe with it on! The result of an argument with a garden gate age 3 that the NHS didn't fix. However, there was another 'expert' on Look North ( which now seems to rarely cover anything that doesn't include the words Coronavirus Pandemic), and she said wearing a mask was pretty pointless. All these so called experts can't agree so they can't really be experts at all as obviously they can't all be right.

Thanks Heather, Thought it was just me, I can`t stand these masks for more than 5 mins then I start to struggle to breathe as well..Oh yes and my glasses start to fog up!!

Masks must be useful to a degree otherwise the health profession wouldn't be using them. Unfortunately the majority of us touch our eyes and face several times an hour without thinking, so whether you're wearing a mask or not, if your doing that there's no point.

Who else is trying to form new habits like using your sleeve instead of your finger to itch your eyes or face? Opening doors with your elbow or pressing buttons with your knuckle instead of your finger? What would once have been considered obsessive compulsive disorder has become the new norm.

I've worked throughout the lock down and we've had to adjust to a new way of doing things. In our break area we've set tables three meters apart and we sanitising them before each time we sit down to have our lunch or break. At the end of my day I sanitise my hands before getting in my car to head home, it's the new normal!

Your'e most welcome. It would even by true if it were not for the fact that they are calculated by a percentage of arrivals and as there are no arrivals either, they cancel each other out. But in terms of number of diverts per year, we are doing quite well, especially the last two months. Today its blowing an absolute gale across the runway and not one divert!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock