TUI Airways

Karl Cunningham

Jan 1, 2016
Turkey
Probably a bit more comfortable with only 203 seats. The Titan 757 I flew on last month had a lot of leg room too. Nice to see 75's back for a bit.

Matt995

Old days of Britannia I have no doubt. Or accountancy - all accountants have manipulated the way airlines do things now! It could well be to do with accountants.

I remember that Thomson/TUI used to have flight numbers by bases (2 for BHX as an example), Thomas Cook/JMC/Airtours used to operate with the same number adding K/L to indicate to/from UK.

and what's wrong with accountants!!!? :ROFLMAO:;)

It's kind of still like that... Tui BHX and EMA begin with 7. LGW is 4. BRS is 6 etc etc

Remember the days of A being out and B coming back with Britannia 👍

they also used "C" for out, and "D" for in after they bought Orion, for a few years in the late 80's, early 90's

TUI also never used to use alpha numerical call signs for the non EU flights, this is the first year they have started using them on the Turkey, Cape Verde etc. flights.

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
My best friend of over 60years is/was an accountant and is a really nice bloke,e only thing is he goes round chanting "cash is king " maybe a few airlines of the past should have listened. 😃

Karl Cunningham

Jan 1, 2016
Turkey
A snippet or two that I've gleaned today:-

Seven 738's will leave the Tui UK fleet this winter permanently. Was supposed to be fifteen, but there has been a reprieve for eight of them. All due to the loss of the sunwing contract.

The reason that the whole Tui short haul fleet at Bristol are 737-8's is due to an environmental discount the airport offers. Tui would be daft not to put its most environmentally friendly aircraft there if that's what Bristol are offering.

Let's hope they can find some work for those eight aircraft during the lean winter period...maybe some parts of Tui on mainland Europe might take a few or have longer seasons for Greece and Turkey maybe??

Matt995

Interesting Sunday for TUI.

The morning saw 4 dreamliners arrive, G-TUIE from Sal, G-TUIL from Montego Bay, G-TUIC from Glasgow, and G-TUIF from Larnaca (29 hour delay)

G-TUIE then positioned out to BRS, G-TUIF positioned back to MAN

The afternoon brought 2 flight cancelations, TOM7722 to Paphos, and TOM7732 to Kos, due to be operated by G-TAWM and G-FDZT. Both flights now showing on Monday's departure board at 14:30 and 20:20 respectively.

can any one confirm that both B738's went tech, or do we have crewing issues again at TUI?

Matt995

TUI have now quoted that they now have five aircraft on standby to be used if a plane becomes unavailable because of technical issues in the UK

An extra 738 was flown in from Manchester to operate the delayed Kos flight from Sunday, and as previously mentioned in the movements thread, Neos B789 EI-XIN operated to Las Palmas, freeing up the 738 Max to operated the delayed Sunday Paphos flight.

Karl Cunningham

Jan 1, 2016
Turkey
The mind boggles at the delay outlay that Tui are experiencing at BHX right now. G-TUİC causing a very expensive headache me thinks....

Monday's BOJ and back 300 pax each way EU261 plus refreshments (not sure on seat count tbh) plus hotel accom at BHX and BOJ.
Tuesday's SİD there and back...another 600 pax EU261 plus hotels both ends and airport refreshments.
Today's PMI 600 pax EU261 plus refreshments.
Tonight's PFO....will it go late or overnight and go tomorrow? Most likely another 600 pax EU261.
No sign that G-TUİC is gonna make a move. Will tomorrow morning's DLM take a hit?
Tune in for the next installment of the daily life of post pandemic Tui at BHX lol.
They must be tearing their hair out tbh

Matt995

The mind boggles at the delay outlay that Tui are experiencing at BHX right now. G-TUİC causing a very expensive headache me thinks....

Monday's BOJ and back 300 pax each way EU261 plus refreshments (not sure on seat count tbh) plus hotel accom at BHX and BOJ.
Tuesday's SİD there and back...another 600 pax EU261 plus hotels both ends and airport refreshments.
Today's PMI 600 pax EU261 plus refreshments.
Tonight's PFO....will it go late or overnight and go tomorrow? Most likely another 600 pax EU261.
No sign that G-TUİC is gonna make a move. Will tomorrow morning's DLM take a hit?
Tune in for the next installment of the daily life of post pandemic Tui at BHX lol.
They must be tearing their hair out tbh

To be honest Karl i'm not certain if the 787 delays are down to the aircraft being tech, or if TUI are woefully short of 787 crew at BHX? But as you say must be costing them a small fortune with hotel accommodation and the cost of the sub chartered A330s & A340s!!!

Karl Cunningham

Jan 1, 2016
Turkey
The 787 has been on the ground in BOJ for well over 24 hours now. That's one very well rested crew or the aircraft is AOG. The amount of time points to the latter

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
All their LPA flights are scheduled on 737s so if you end up on another type you probably get a long delay as part of your hard earned shortened holiday or turn up a day or rwo late at work and maybe a little chat with your boss.

TUI looked for a while to be getting on top of their problems but come peak season back to square one. BA and EasyJet in particular are also suffering.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Travelling with TUI in a few weeks to LPA :love::love::love: and I wouldn't mind going on one of these spanish widebodies, however it would be nice to try out the MAX too, so hopefylly one way on the max and the other on a widebody ???????

:unsure:

We flew TUi to LPA in 2019 and had a HiFly A332 on the way out and a Wamos 744 on the way back, very comfortable with only 180 odd pax rattling around in it.

Either way it'll be a new experience :)

thunderchild

Aug 29, 2013
Lichfield
Travelling with TUI in a few weeks to LPA :love::love::love: and I wouldn't mind going on one of these spanish widebodies, however it would be nice to try out the MAX too, so hopefylly one way on the max and the other on a widebody ???????

:unsure:
Apart from a USB port in the seat I couldn’t tell the difference between the MAX and the regular 800. To be honest I was just relieved we managed to get there and back without any major delays. Hopefully it’ll be the same for you.

Matt995

The 787 has been on the ground in BOJ for well over 24 hours now. That's one very well rested crew or the aircraft is AOG. The amount of time points to the latter

Karl, 787 G-TUIC landed back at BHX from BOJ at 01:04 Wednesday morning, a delay of around 22 hours, and hasn't moved since! Almost 48 hours on the ground at BHX now, all very strange!

DarloPlaneBoy

Oct 9, 2018
Darlaston/Wednesbury Border
Aren't TUI's Dreamliners powered by GEnx I could understand if they had RR Trent 1000's but why do they seem to be heavily delayed almost very quiet over Darlaston Today normally we get a lot of TUI aircraft and FR over us with Jet2 to and LH to

Karl Cunningham

Jan 1, 2016
Turkey
Hopefully Tui will be back on track today delaywise....albeit Wamos still at BHX ops to TFS.
Has anyone booked flights/holidays yet for S23? Still too early to know Max/787 allocations for BHX I'm thinking?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.