Who are you thinking of 58 ?
I'm really not thinking of anybody.It's just that the airlines serving this market have been so content to feed their clients through MAN and LGW, almost as a cartel, for so long it makes you wonder why they are increasing from BHX.
They cannot say it is because of extra demand because the demand has always been there but have chosen to maintain the status quo for a few years now.

I think two weeks may still be difficult for families as a Sunday departure usually returns on a Monday morning. Unless there are teacher training days that is which would make viable.

Finally having the option of 11 nights gives so much more flexibility though. If I can make the dates work then I may just have to plan a trip for Easter 2020, I've banged on about it enough so no excuses now :)

The full article is linked at the bottom but I've cut and pasted the highlights.

Winter 2019

New mid haul route from Birmingham airport to Agadir will run on a weekly basis every Thursday for the Winter 2019 season

New mid haul route from Birmingham airport to Marsa Alam will run on a weekly basis every Monday for the Winter 2019 season

An additional day added to the Winter 2019 flight programme for flights from Birmingham airport to Hurghada, departing on Tuesdays

Summer 2020

Customers will have the option of 10 and 11 night holidays from Birmingham airport to Sanford Florida, with an additional weekly flights that depart on Wednesdays and Sundays.

TUI UK’s Director of Aviation Planning Karen Switzer said: "Adding more choice and flexibility for demonstrates our commitment to Birmingham airport and the local area, as we continue to focus on expanding access to our amazing range of holidays through an extended flying programming concentrated on the core destinations that we know our customers want to visit."

Birmingham Airport’s Acting Aviation Director Tom Screen said: "We are pleased TUI has announced that it will be introducing a direct route to the Moroccan city of Agadir.

"We have seen the popularity of Agadir growing during the colder months as it’s a destination which enjoys warm climates all year round so for TUI to serve this demand from Birmingham is fantastic.

"What’s more, TUI will also be offering ten and eleven-night holidays from Birmingham Airport to Orlando Sanford Airport Florida, as well as additional flights to Hurghada departing on Tuesdays. We look forward to continuing to work with TUI on popular destinations like these in the future."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/tui-launches-new-birmingham-airport-15362601

Flights now loaded for W19/S20.

Bad news - Goa is missing from the W19 schedule even after seeing an increase for W18.

Good news - the second Orlando means we have 8 weekly long haul flights for large parts of S20. Cancun is only 1x weekly in May and June but returns to 2x weekly in July and we seem to be getting a few reductions for the Scottish school holidays.

Last edited:
Flights now loaded for W19/S20.

Bad news - Goa is missing from the W19 schedule even after seeing an increase for W18.

Good news - the second Orlando means we have 8 weekly long haul flights for large parts of S20. Cancun is only 1x weekly in May and June but returns to 2x weekly in July and we seem to be getting a few reductions for the Scottish school holidays.

Thanks for the info jfy, another route come and gone. It was nice whilst it lasted :bored:

Give with one hand then take away with the other, how very BHX.

Still, at least Goa lasted two seasons rather than the usual one.

I wish that we'd got Preveza though :(

Ah well, time to look at hotels in Orlando :)

Give with one hand then take away with the other, how very BHX.

Still, at least Goa lasted two seasons rather than the usual one.

I wish that we'd got Preveza though :(

Ah well, time to look at hotels in Orlando :)

Yes Ray, the other how very BHX is USE IT OR LOSE IT so get booking that flight quick, we probably wont have it in S21 ;)

TUI long haul at BHX kinda sums up the masterplan, i mean how on earth is the airport going to grow lots more than what is expected in 2033 if all we get time and time again is a route just replaced with another route or frequency. But not actual growth.

However S20 does see 1 extra long haul rotation but will it be here in S21 ? :unsure:

TUI long haul at BHX kinda sums up the masterplan, i mean how on earth is the airport going to grow lots more than what is expected in 2033 if all we get time and time again is a route just replaced with another route or frequency. But not actual growth.

However S20 does see 1 extra long haul rotation but will it be here in S21 ? :unsure:
It's possible that a route like Goa is linked with cruise ships and cruises aren't been offered from there any more and TUI feel it can't be sustained as package holiday only or it just wasn't selling well if it was a package holiday only route.
At least TUI have finally increased Orlando!

It's possible that a route like Goa is linked with cruise ships and cruises aren't been offered from there any more and TUI feel it can't be sustained as package holiday only or it just wasn't selling well if it was a package holiday only route.
At least TUI have finally increased Orlando!

That is true Jerry :)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock