P&O have cancelled all Carrabean cruises until February next year so presumably the 2weekly flights for them by TUI will go.
Also other flights may be effected ie Malta and maybe Montego Bay for other fly cruises.

TUI Airways W20 Birmingham – Ilha do Sal service changes
Posted 7 October 2020 00:30

TUI Airways in winter 2020/21 season plans service adjustment for Birmingham – Ilha do Sal route. The adjustment sees the airline operates Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft once weekly, instead of 2 weekly Boeing 757-200 in winter 2019/20 season.

For winter season, service operates from 06NOV20.

TOM704 BHX0925 – 1435SID 788 5
TOM705 SID1535 – 2225BHX 788 5

Wed 7 Oct 2020
The based B788 (G-TUID) operated the RHO flight today alongside 2 of the 4 based B738s. Not many B788s have been operational this summer, only ones based in LGW and MAN.

The current TUI fleet based at BHX is as follows:
Active
B738 (4)
- (G-FDZX/FDZZ/TAWB/TAWM)
B752 (1) - (G-BYAY)
B788 (1) - (GTUID)

Stored
B38M (1) - (G-TUMF) - Has been stored at BHX since 15th September 2020 having arrived from TFS (via AGP) where it had been stored since the MAX fleet was grounded
B789 (1) - (GTUIO) - Has been stored at BHX since 28th March 2020

Sat 10 Oct 2020
Since the last update on Wednesday this week, one of the based B738s has been swapped with a B788.
Today, both B788s operated short-haul flights to RHO and KGS.

Active
B738 (3) - (G-FDZZ/TAWB/TAWC)
B752 (1) - (G-BYAY)
B788 (2) - (G-TUID/TUII)

Stored
B38M (1) - (G-TUMF) - Has been stored at BHX since 15th September 2020 having arrived from TFS (via AGP) where it had been stored since the MAX fleet was grounded
B789 (1) - (GTUIO) - Has been stored at BHX since 28th March 2020

I should think the B757's days are numbered, i'm presuming they will all be retired at the end of October, with them (hopefully!) being replaced by the B737-10's come summer 2021.
That would make sense but I don’t think it’s the plan, even with COVID. I believe the current plan is for the last of them to be gone by the end of S21 but I think G-BYAY (at BHX) may now be finished. I read that it was due to leave this month and it hasn’t flown in a while.

Mon 19 Oct 2020
Since the last update, another B752 has joined the base making 9x TUI aircraft on the ground at BHX.

Active (all have flown in the last week)
B752 (1) - (G-OOBN)
B788 (2) - (G-TUID/TUII)

Stored
B38M (1) - (G-TUMF) - Stored at BHX since 15th September 2020. It was previously stored/grounded in TFS and arrived via AGP.

B752 (1) - (G-BYAY) - Not flown since 6th October 2020
B789 (1) - (GTUIO) - Stored at BHX since 28th March 2020

Mon 19 Oct 2020
Since the last update, another B752 has joined the base making 9x TUI aircraft on the ground at BHX.

Active (all have flown in the last week)
B752 (1) - (G-OOBN)
B788 (2) - (G-TUID/TUII)

Stored
B38M (1) - (G-TUMF) - Stored at BHX since 15th September 2020. It was previously stored/grounded in TFS and arrived via AGP.

B752 (1) - (G-BYAY) - Not flown since 6th October 2020
B789 (1) - (GTUIO) - Stored at BHX since 28th March 2020
I have heard that G-BYAY will be leaving the fleet imminently, so assuming G-OOBN is its “replacement” at BHX. That being said, BN hasn’t flown at all since arriving at BHX last week, and hasn’t actually flown a revenue flight in almost three weeks.

Cruise charters to the Far East will be making a return next winter.

Montego Bay is down from 2pw to 1pw in S21 but no other long haul reductions as of yet.
Malaysia and Thailand are available on the Flights section now, operating every other week in Dec 2021/Jan 2022. I think in previous years they were only available through Cruises or Holidays.

I just don't know how they can predict the demand that far forward with so much uncertainty around us at the moment. You need a strong nerve and lots of luck right now !!
They can put on a standard programme and then have time to make any changes. If there isn't demand say at BHX for a certain route they can always cut it and offer the passengers an alternative. By putting holidays onsale now it means that they can potentially get in the revenue through deposits for people looking to book early.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock