Advertisement

Would you like F4A to have the ability to use hashtags?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
When we moved across to the new system Ashley.S our maintenance man said "you'll be wanting hashtag next"

I've had a look at the add-on and I think it would work well for us.

#airline(s) #airport(s) #aircraft registrations #aircraft incidents etc etc.

Would you like the Hashtag here?

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Could you explain in a little more detail how this would help. Is this to do with social media sites or the main message board? Many thanks.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
It would be used in a similar way to how it's used on Twitter and if you aren't familiar with Twitter basically it's used to express trends.

As an example would be if the A380 was to visit Bristol somebody might post about it in the BRS forum. At the end of their post they might hashtag #a380 at Bristol. If more than one person writes #a380 at Bristol then it becomes a trend which can be shown on the index page.

A user can also search using hashtags although the search function is already very good.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Many thanks. I thought it might have its origin in social media sites. As you know, I've never been involved with those. If a 380 was to visit Bristol someone somewhere would have made an almighty ****up and the result would be hash tags far beyond our forum.:eek:

That's at BRS of course. We used to see lots of 380s at Filton (FZO) before that airfield was shut.

Seasider

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
Many thanks. I thought it might have its origin in social media sites. As you know, I've never been involved with those. If a 380 was to visit Bristol someone somewhere would have made an almighty ****up and the result would be hash tags far beyond our forum.:eek:

That's at BRS of course. We used to see lots of 380s at Filton (FZO) before that airfield was shut.
I like your response TLY, I'm the same as you, no intention of using social media. In fact I thought twitter was the noise birds made.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
I like your response TLY, I'm the same as you, no intention of using social media. In fact I thought twitter was the noise birds made.
Let's all sing like the birdies sing
Tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet

I always think of that song when I think of Twitter.

I'm sure that it does have its uses but it always seems to be in some form of shorthand on the odd occasions that I do look at Twitter, invariably a commercial site such as an airline or airport. Dickens would have enjoyed it. It's ready made for Mr Alfred Jingle.

I've actually been using the Internet for nearly 20 years - I started with AOL dial-up - and I doubt that more than 25% of the UK's population had Internet access when I started (if that many). Very few aviation website message boards existed then; my first as a member was an American one but I then switched to that Dried Plum one 13 years ago when it was still run by Danny Fyne an airline captain.

I don't decry social media sites although there can be obvious dangers if they are used carelessly, but I've never felt the need to join any.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
#hatesocialmedia #disliketwitter :sneaky:

We don't really need the hashtag as the forum has an excellent search function already. The idea of looking at the hashtag was really to get those who are used to using the hashtag on other social media platforms to think about how people might search for material right here.

One thing I across on F4A, particularly on the photography gallery is people not giving their photos a title heading. So when people are searching for photos taken at BHX (#bhxphotos) they can't find them. The new galleries have a tag function (similar use to the hashtag) so people can already tag their photos. So a tag: photo, bhx, birmingham,emirates,A380 would denote a picture of the Emirates A380 at Birmingham (BHX).

Ashley.S.

Site Maintenance
Staff member
Apr 10, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
www.envesko.com
FYI: Threads and media can have tags added by the OP (Original Poster) or Moderators & Administrators. You can look at these tags and search them here: http://www.forums4airports.com/tags/ If users are just happy with this, then we could install https://xenforo.com/community/resources/most-popular-tags.4441/ to make it easier to search and see what is popular around these parts (y)

#hashtags in posts and profile posts would be an additional search tool (examples: http://xenmods.com/hashtags/ , http://xenmods.com/hashtags/HashTags/ ) much like on Social Media such as Twitter and more recently Facebook. This would be designed if users would want more interactivity between each others posts and profile posts and in the future if their profile posts were going between Twitter and this site when hashtags might be used ;)

Advertisement

Top Bottom