Sun-air

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Great news for Humberside airport Pug. The airport amazes me as it often picks up little gems like this that some other airports would be crying out for but seemingly never get.

pug

Jan 16, 2009
This is clearly very much a niche route, but the timings suggest it could have longevity.

Good to see the airport and local industry playing to strengths. I think it's long become clear that volume leisure is just not going to happen any more, and small steps like this are the way forward. Lots of building work going on at the moment.

whoshotjimmi

Nov 21, 2010
Leeds
I just came across this bonkers route by complete accident and couldn't believe it existed. I have heard of niche routes before but this really is taking the biscuit. It is a crying shame that flights are priced in the £600 return bracket. Billund and Aalborg look lovely.

pug

Jan 16, 2009
What a bizzare post..

How is it 'bonkers'? It's pretty clear, in the link on the initial post, that this is a route to service the Siemens investment in Hull.. Hence the price of a ticket.

Perhaps if uptake is as high as was anticipated, then a more expansive schedule could result, and therefore cheaper seats.

Seasider

Premium Member+
Subscriber
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
Sun Air have dropped Billund from the HUY-AAL/BLL service. Aalborg continues Mon to Fri and Billund is supposed to return next summer.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.