Such a shame to see a great name like Monarch disappear but business in business and take a look at Jet 2 who have moved in to BHX and cleaned up and now our biggest airline !
The World has moved on without Monarch and capacity has been redistributed.
Exactly.Look at how things have moved on since the doom and gloom a few years ago when British Airways decided they really didn't really want to be British any more.

Andrew. I wish I could agree with you that someone will bring Monarch back. I have a slightly different take on Greybull than the better looking Ian, as the FT article on the issue when Monarch went bust attested, operationally the airline's finances were a bit of a mess, but they were asset rich and cash-flow poor and the plug was pulled. Greybull suffered no loss.

Credit though: the contingency plan put in place to bring passengers home was excellent and credit to Greybull, for that particularly as it was reported that the stumped up a large part of the bill in the end (albeit under some duress) for the repatriation.

I think Monarch, as an UK airline name and definitely as a brand, is resting in the airline graveyard, ironically, located in the sky.

As nice as it would have been, I doubt it would have survived the MAX crisis. The end goal would have been to put the MAX on the route but "73H" suggests a standard 738 would have been used temporarily.

Those 738s would have been less profitable to operate as they would have needed a fixed number of seats blocked off and a smaller cargo uptake due to weight restrictions. That happened with Norwegian on all their MAX routes, and none of those survived.

I agree it may not have lasted but if the loads had been good, it may have been quicker to find a replacement airline to fly the route than the current situation we find ourselves in

I agree it may not have lasted but if the loads had been good, it may have been quicker to find a replacement airline to fly the route than the current situation we find ourselves in

I'm not sure that would have helped out. If normal 738s can't be operated profitably transatlanticaly and you have to get other airlines to do it for you, there is the unenviable position that the total cost of chartering may be more than trying to run the routes themselves. I can imagine all these ACMI airlines making nice profits off the back of the MAX problem.

Interesting that the Monarch thread seems to have been revived with a load of posts about what might or might not have happened.
In the meantime the news that another airline with a large BHX operation',Thomas Cook, seem to be heading down a very similar path does not get a mention.
Personally i prefer to read speculation posts about airlines that still exist.

Each to their own I guess but Thomas Cook don't seem to be in a great place right now and the ones that I really feel for are the employees, some of whom are ex Monarch and have seen all this before.

Out of respect for them I won't be speculating on what may or may not happen until something official is heard.

It's front page news on today's Times business section. I think the employees will be worried enough already and wouldn't' give a toss about any speculation on this forum.

I agree with Ray we should not speculate but in the in the interest of balance tonight they are saying Thomas Cook have been granted an additional week to get 75% of the their bond holders to agree to Fosum bid.

Makes me so angry we missed out on a potential transatlantic route :cry:

Hard to believe it’s coming up to 2 years since they went under.

Hi

Has anybody got a copy of the full say 2016 full timetable of monarch its for a virtual airline any help would be much appreciated.

We need full airline timetables, covering all the airline's flights from a certain period (e.g. Summer 2017).

thankyou Scott

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock