Well i suppose for this summer there is going to be a pent up demand for holidays due to the previous restrictions over the last few years. Next summer i think will be a test for the travel industry with the cost of living crisis only set to get worse and people's ability to afford a holiday and multiple holidays reduced.

Well i suppose for this summer there is going to be a pent up demand for holidays due to the previous restrictions over the last few years. Next summer i think will be a test for the travel industry with the cost of living crisis only set to get worse and people's ability to afford a holiday and multiple holidays reduced.

Would appear the demand is there or the impact isn’t quite clear. I would say people will book holidays over flights only as they can pay it in instalments. A few months ago, in Travel Weekly, Steve Heapy was encouraging passengers to book for 23 then.

As for the cost of living it’s amazing we are the only country allowing the greedy corporate shareholders to get away with rising gas/elec prices. In France it’s capped at 4%. They would easily get rid of the green levy tax, increase the threshold for tax free, cut Vat, and stimulate economy that way. Having said that this shouldn’t come to anyone as a surprise - it’s what you get for shutting down the economy for flu, and wasting/printing billions for furlough and test and trace. A recession is where we are heading only because the lazy Bank of England governor said that’s the only way he can get inflation under control.

Would appear the demand is there or the impact isn’t quite clear. I would say people will book holidays over flights only as they can pay it in instalments. A few months ago, in Travel Weekly, Steve Heapy was encouraging passengers to book for 23 then.

As for the cost of living it’s amazing we are the only country allowing the greedy corporate shareholders to get away with rising gas/elec prices. In France it’s capped at 4%. They would easily get rid of the green levy tax, increase the threshold for tax free, cut Vat, and stimulate economy that way. Having said that this shouldn’t come to anyone as a surprise - it’s what you get for shutting down the economy for flu, and wasting/printing billions for furlough and test and trace. A recession is where we are heading only because the lazy Bank of England governor said that’s the only way he can get inflation under control.
Guess we'll see what happens in 2023 and whether people are actually able to take those holidays. Even paying in installments might become problematic for some and yes I'd expect the CEO to encourage people to book for 2023 as even the deposits are revenue for a holiday company.

Your aware of how jet2/holidays work aren’t you @Jerry? They don’t have the cash of that customers holiday till they’ve departed. It’s separate pot completely. I would even say the deposits are separate until flown/cancelled.

If you look back at all the video calls he did with travel weekly he mentions it each time. Worth a watch.

I would think 23 maybe alright, but 24 will be the struggle. Ryanair and easyJet maybe the ones that struggle as they are mainly targeted at seat only.

Your aware of how jet2/holidays work aren’t you @Jerry?
So if I book a holiday or flight with Jet2 when the money goes out of my bank account whether in instalments or one lump sum Jet2 aren't getting an actual penny of that even though I'm paying them? So who then would I be paying if it's not Jet2 or Jet2 Holidays?

It's a separate pot/account until you depart. Still belongs to Jet2 but they don't touch it nor use the money. If you go watch the videos on travel weekly which are easy to find you'll get it explained to you far better then I would.

How do you think they won the awards they did for refunds etc?

Are Jet2 7 based aircraft now already? See 7 early am depts tomorrow. Thought that was for next year?

Are Jet2 7 based aircraft now already? See 7 early am depts tomorrow. Thought that was for next year?

There are now 6x based Jet2 aircraft at BRS.
Tomorrow, FlightRadar24 is showing two departures to TFS at 07:00 - there is only one.
So, tomorrow there are 6x Jet2 morning departures - VRN, CFU, SKG, LEI, DLM and TFS

Summer 24 released today - new route to Bulgaria , and good increases on many other routes. Return of planned route to Naples and almeria and Izmir planned to return in 2024 after not flying in 2023. Santorini not on sale

Personally i think they will use the larger capacity aircraft at their bigger bases such as MAN, LBA, STN and BHX at first. However I could see more 738s being based.

Personally i think they will use the larger capacity aircraft at their bigger bases such as MAN, LBA, STN and BHX at first. However I could see more 738s being based.

That depends on delivery schedule which they've released 23 and 24 under the provisional schedule. More 737-800's will be based if they use the A321NEO for displacement.

If they go for growth in that respective base adding more aircraft will mean larger capacity AC at BRS.

Who knows their plan but if they aim for growth in those bases, with lateral displacement, that means that larger aircraft will come to BRS sooner. EG - You replace a 737-800 in MAN and STN replacing with an A321NEO but then use the 737-800 for growth in those bases then you cannot send it to BRS.

Last edited:
But you also need to remember that it’s been mentioned recently that they’re getting 6 more -800s which enables expansion. The A321neos as mentioned will start being delivered by 2Q23 I can’t see many of them being around for summer 23 however there will be more 24 but who knows what the intentions are for them right now.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock