Surprisingly that’s a reduction on summer 22 . I wonder if there’s more to come ?

Surprisingly that’s a reduction on summer 22 . I wonder if there’s more to come ?
The press release speaks of more summer 23 announcements over the coming weeks.

As we are still in the last week of summer 21 (airline timetables-speaking) when summer 23 comes around it might look somewhat different to the schedule published today.

I don't know whether the night-time slot situation is a brake. Jet2 might be being cautious perhaps in the belief (hope?) that 2023 will be back to near normality and until the appeal is determined the airport's annual passenger cap won't be known.

They’ve only just put summer 23 on sale. I am sure they will add more when it’s closer to the time and if the demand is there for it.

if it’s popular Jet2 will make sure there is plenty for everyone.

Jet2s new route to Catania seems to have been removed from sale
easyJet has operated to Catania for a few years. They tried it year-round for a couple of years before the pandemic. Currently it's summer-only including 2022.

Perhaps Jet2 has decided that, for the time being at least, the route won't sustain two carriers.

Catania might be less popular for demand so Jet2 have taken that decision to not operate there for the time being. Just my thoughts but when the markets in a better shape they might bring back Catania.

BRS press release:

Beauty on the Piste! Jet2.com Puts Ski Programme on Sale from Bristol Airport for Winter 22/23​

Created: 8th Dec 2021

Hat trick of top ski destinations go on sale with Jet2.com for Winter 22/23 from Bristol Airport

• Ski services operating to Chambery, Innsbruck and Salzburg
Jet2.com has today launched a fantastic programme of ski flights from Bristol Airport, giving snow sports fans a massive piste of the action in the French and Austrian Alps, as well as the Tyrol Mountains, for Winter 22/23.

The leading leisure airline has put its largest ever choice of ski flights on sale for next winter, representing three ski destinations that give customers access to the very best snow spots in Europe.

Services to Chambery, Innsbruck and Salzburg return for Winter 22/23 from Bristol Airport, with services operating throughout the winter season to give skiers and snowboarders fantastic flexibility.

In addition to this wide choice of destinations and flights, booking and travelling on ski flights with Jet2.com means that customers get to enjoy VIP customer service which has seen the UK’s third largest airline win numerous awards and accolades, as well as 10kg hand luggage and 22kg baggage* and 22kg ski carriage*.

Jet2.com’s full ski programme for Winter 22/23 from Bristol Airport is as follows:

• Chambery – weekly Saturday services offering quick and easy access to world-famous ski resorts in France, including the Three Valleys. The popular ski areas of the Alpe d’Huez, Chamonix, La Plagne and Val d'Isère are easily accessible from Chambery, providing memorable skiing whether you are a beginner or an expert.
  • Innsbruck – skiers and snowboarders are able to access the Tyrolean capital with weekly Saturday services. Innsbruck hosted the 1964 Winter Olympics and resorts such as Igls, Alpbach and St Anton am Arlberg make it a firm favourite with skiers and snow sports fans year in year out.
  • Salzburg – weekly Saturday services to Salzburg open up the best of the Austrian Alps and over 300 resorts including Kaprun, Mayrhofen and Obertauern to skiers.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said:

“Customers have been telling us how much they want to book their place on the slopes for next winter, so we have responded to that demand by putting a brilliant ski programme on sale for Winter 22/23 from Bristol Airport. The three ski destinations available through Jet2.com give skiers and snowboarders access to some of the very best ski resorts in the world, never mind Europe. On top of that, we are giving snow sports fans a fantastic choice of flights, alongside the VIP customer service that sees us win award after award.”

New short series for spring 2023 to Reykjavik now on sale
Three departures end of March and early April 2023 as far as I can tell. It's not even for Easter which falls the following week.

easyJet ceases its winter-only service in 2022 at the end of March. If they do the same in 2023 Jet2 will extend the Bristol Iceland season by a week or so.

There was a time of course when easyJet went year-round to Reykjavik and had competition from WOW at one point.

A number of routes have been dropped - Malaga , Naples, Dubrovnik and kalamata just a few.

Yes for 2022 - I can’t see replacements either. A lot of services with both Ryanair and jet2 do not start now till June either

My thanks to paully who posts on the LBA forum that Jet2 is currently restricting seat-only passengers to certain days on some flights, with weekend flights showing 'package only'.

I don't know if TUI operates a similar procedure. I doubt that easyJet does even though it is something of a hybrid these days with its easyJet holidays, and Ryanair certainly doesn't.

Jet2 is a well-run company and has to be given credit for knowing its own business but there must surely be a danger of losing some customers to competitors.

The recovery from the pandemic is far from certain and booking patterns might not be the same as was the case before March 2020.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock