'Manchester is one of the UK’s most dynamic cities; youthful, diverse and bursting with character. Manchester city centre is jam-packed with unique and eclectic restaurants, cafes, shops, museums, galleries and hotels and is also home to an historic university.'

Just returned from seeing the inaugural arrival - a FAB livery and will post pictures!

Interesting comment from MAN's Marketing director, posted to MAN's ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-:
'a full flight inbound and outbound'

Hopefully there's a bit of truth in that and not just marketing talk! ;)

Interesting comment from MAN's Marketing director, posted to MAN's Social Media:
'a full flight inbound and outbound'

Hopefully there's a bit of truth in that and not just marketing talk! ;)

They would say the wouldn't they :)

Even so.....

Another brick in the wall !

195 in
208 out credit Plane Mad

First flight

That inbound is brilliant. I can imagine lots of freeloaders on an outbound BUT certainly not on the inbound.

So that's 195/216 and 208/216! Amazing! Could anyone work out the LFs for the inbound and outbound flights?

My calculator tells me it's 90.3% and 96.3%.

I'm sure there were some freeloaders - a few dignitaries from Oman and possibly some dignitaries and travel agents from MAN. Excellent though. Spike on Plane Mad says he'll try and post some more numbers tomorrow.

Credit Spike on Plane Mad, who posted:
--------------
PAX figures for Oman

2nd May
In - 153
Out - 154

3rd May
In - 99
Out - 133

It would be very hard to follow LF of the first flight, but not a bad start
----------------
We need to see how it settles down when we have a month's stats from the CAA. But May is usually a quieter month for the MEB3 anyway so that may not be an ideal indicator.

Yeah, it's a really quiet month for the Middle Eastern airlines, plus Monday is likely to be a more popular day than Wednesday, for example

Another A330-300 today. Seems they ,AY be quite a regular feature so won't be worth reporting now other than andyC's excellent movement logs.

Oman really has a very small long haul A330 fleet to be fair

Just 4 two class A332 models with 30 in C and 196 in Y (steerage) and 3 two A333 (primarily deployed on nanny shuttles to Bangkok and Manila with just 24 in C and 265 in Y (steerage)
These are A332 =A40-DA, A40-DC, A40-DF and A40-DG all already visited
The two class A333 =A40-DH , A40-DI and A40-DJ

In addition they have a further three A333 in three class with 6 in F 20 in C and 204 in Y steerage) with F unsold or used as C the extra few seats in Y make these models essentially little different to the base A332 in reality.
2 of the 3 class frames normally operate the daily LHR services and one far east route (think its Kuala Lumpur) where the First accommodation is sold.

These are A40-DB visited A40-DD and A40-DE

Just of interest on the 9th May Oman flew WY101 into Heathrow with an A332 - A40-DA whilst using A333 A40-DJ into Manchester !

So to sum up very small fleet little actual capacity differences - I would say the operation of the A333 is purely driven by scheduling and you shouldn't read to much into it especially regarding load/yield to be honest

Emirates/Etihad or Qatar with dozens nay hundreds of wide bodies they are not !

Just as an addendum.

I've not checked recently but for a while, F class was actually being sold to Manchester on Fridays for the summer, then removed for a while and a few weeks ago, F class fares were available again.

One also wonders if it's purely down to scheduling, why LHR went out on the A332 while MAN went out on the A333, with similar departure times and similar block timings and one would assume LHR had been selling F class on that flight being a full F destination?

A while back I mentioned ( I think) that Steph McGovan of BBC Breakfast was doing a new travel show indicating that Oman was first up. I noticed this was on Sunday with its virtues extolled for those wishing something different I did email SM at the time to indicate that Manchester has a daily flight.

Does anybody know if we managed a mention in terms of "how to get there", as she was sympathic in her reply given she lives up here in Media city..

A 'special" peak time on Sunday wouldn't harm bookings "if" we got that all important mention, rather than a graphic of the UK with a image of a plane shooting out of the SE toward Muscat!

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock