I can’t figure out how to embed tweets, but MAN says this

We’re investing in Terminal Three

To increase capacity at Immigration by 80%, we’re currently installing four additional eGates. We are also improving our restroom provision by refurbishing the existing facility and adding an extra 50% capacity. Coming in March and May 2020!

The pieces of the new footbridge connecting the new Ringway Road MSCP to T3 MSCP are currently lying in the dirt car park behind the Hilton.

I must be honest and say that I didn't appreciate there was a bridge being installed to link the two. Funnily enough I took a picture of the car park on Thursday and I'll post it later this evening.

As promised here is the photo that I took of the new T3 car park - taken from the top of the existing car park.

20200206-115414.jpg

The new New MSCP near T3 on the old long stay one site is virtually finished.

A new junction for access it seems (with the enlarged, semi permanent deck parking in foreground) on Outwood Lane. The lane itself has fallen victim to the airports bizarre road planning system and is now one way toward the terminals:

The link bridge won’t win any design awards though

The link bridge dead ends into the original 1989 MSCP:

Does that also mean the whole road leading up to the airport pub has finally been resurfaced?

Not exactly. For the most park the old markings were burnt off and painted over.

Lets see if I can imbed and not link an image this time...

372-BE8-D6-A335-4094-9-D80-4-E9-FD8-BB1350.jpg

Those trees/bushes are going to be touching the perimeter fence soon

That picture takes me back to where I used to park, just off Ringway Road, when I came to MAN for the day.

I visited the airport today and was amazed at the sheer size of the new drop & go car park!
Is this intended to replace or compliment existing nearby car parks?
I notice most of the car parks near 23R approach and near the fire station aren’t very full and looked partially abandoned...

I must also at some point have a well deserved drink(s) at the airport pub too (first time since March)!

@marni1971 thanks for the video.

Is this new MSCP intended to replace an existing car park(s)? The car parks on the 23R approach and next to the fire service training area look abandoned now...will they no longer be used anymore?

@marni1971 thanks for the video.

Is this new MSCP intended to replace an existing car park(s)? The car parks on the 23R approach and next to the fire service training area look abandoned now...will they no longer be used anymore?
I’ve wondered that. There’s the first pure staff (?) MSCP labelled A1 plus this new larger one that is meant to accommodate all terminals long stay (or whatever they call it now). Either they intend in taking it all in-house as opposed to say jet parks (assuming they aren’t connected to MAG) or the surface car parks don’t have any demand at the moment. It’s certainly a large investment not to intend to take the market with.

I also recall originally part if not all of the new T2 MSCP (west) was designated for staff, and the legacy T2 MSCP being extended upwards and / or westwards for public use. I assume the newish A1 MSCP scuppered that. All pre Covid of course.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock