Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Just had a fantastic holiday weekend at Camp Katur in North Yorkshire.

Camp Katur is situated around seven miles from the city of Ripon in North Yorkshire.

It was only an hours drive from my home in North West Leeds. We chose to take the more scenic route on the B6161 leading Pot Bank and Oaker Bank to the West of Harrogate. From there we followed the A61 past Ripley Castle onto Ripon and Camp Katur via the A6055.

On arrival we were greeted by the sites warden couple who checked us in and showed us how to get to our accommodation. Camp Katur offers multiple types of Glamping accommodation such as teepees, safari tents, hobbit pods and the more glamourous geodomes spread around the meadow and on the edge of a pine forest.

View media item 3956Camp Katur

We opted to stay in a heated hobbit pod which was comfortable and sleeps up to four people. On the downside it had no shower facilities or running water so we had to use the communal facilities for those. On the upside, the hobbit pod came with it's own fire pit ideal for roasting those marshmallows and a BBQ.

The communal facilities included a large cabin with two gas ovens, hot water, toilets and shower facilities. The communal area reminded me of some of the scenes from celebrity get me out of here. On this occasion we didn't make much used of the cooking and eating areas but they were clean and relaxing with a heated undercover area for people to get to know each other.

Just outside the camping area there are multiple activities available for people to do including quad bikes; clay pigeon shooting; zip wire and many more activities chargeable locally. There was a large adventure play area which also included an additional zip wire which was free to use.

Overall we had a fantastic stay at http://www.campkatur.com/ On reflection we would opt for a little extra luxury next time and go for a geodome which includes a self contained shower and cooking facilities.

Local things to do:

Bedale, a small market town is situated around four miles to the North of Camp Katur and it's worth a visit. It's a traditional town that still has it's own fruit & vegetable shop, fishmonger, baker and butchers.

Also nearby is Jervaulx Abbey, Rievaulx Abbey & Fountains Abbey, Also, the North York Moors, The picturesque West Tanfield and of course the Black Sheep Brewery. :)
View media item 3955Jervaulx Abbey

View media item 3959West Tanfield

Straight from a chocolate box!

Last edited:
It looks and sounds idyllic.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock