Totally agree, with EDI going from strength to strength over the last few years the limelight has gone off GLA a little. And I think it was right to start this Air Transat thread (shocked there wasn't one) and give GLA some love. :kiss:

I've visited Edinburgh and Glasgow many times and although they are both great cities I actually prefer Glasgow as a city. There are some marvellous buildings and the city has a buzz about it. I find parts of Edinburgh a bit twee, like cities such as Bath.

I noticed the route to Montreal replaced another route (Calgary I think?).

I also notice that GLA has five weekly flights to YYZ while we only have one down here at BHX :meh:

I noticed the route to Montreal replaced another route (Calgary I think?).

I also notice that GLA has five weekly flights to YYZ while we only have one down here at BHX :meh:

Exactly Jfy1999, something that BHX needs to address.

Glasgow seems to have lots of flights to Toronto 5 weekly with Transat, 3 weekly with AC and daily ( viaHalifax I think) with Westjet.

TS Montreal ex GLA has been reduced to a double drop with YYZ mid-late season so maybe this new flight will hit the buffers very soon ???

Another reason for the term 'flight delayed for operational reasons' to be used which according to one passenger was what they were told.

There have been several high profile cases similar to this over the last couple of years with both pilots and cabin crew involved. I guess the urge can be all too great for crews stopping over in hotels far from home. You would expect the responsibility to stretch a little further in high profile positions such as this. I believe breathalysers have been installed in cars, it makes you wonder if this is possible in aircraft. Take the test before you can fly. Can you imagine the repercussions for those failing such a test.

In the interests of fairness there is nothing in the report that suggests the pilots have been convicted or any intimation of their likely plea. I'm surprised they've been remanded in custody.

If they are found guilty will they ever fly again? Or is it a ban for a period of time depending on how over the limit they were?

Montreal has been dropped for S17 :wideyed:

The good folks over on the dried plum aren't exactly surprised this was a one season wonder.

I've visited Edinburgh and Glasgow many times and although they are both great cities I actually prefer Glasgow as a city. There are some marvellous buildings and the city has a buzz about it. I find parts of Edinburgh a bit twee, like cities such as Bath.

Totally agree with you there TLY. Glasgow has so much more going for it than Edinburgh. It's irritating that flights to Edinburgh seem to be promoted more. It may be the administrative capital of Scotland but business wise Glasgow is by far the superior city in just about every sense.

(Out of interest I wonder what GlasgowMan is doing these days!?)

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock