There is a lengthy and somewhat heated discussion taking place on the Dried Plum about the company that is behind this enterprise with concerns that it is little more than a virtual airline and that it has no ATOL which apparently is not required in the Isle of Man, but is if tickets are sold in the UK which seems to be the intended market as the flights are aimed at people attending the Manx TT.

There are some posts in that forum from people apparently involved with Ettyl. I'm not sure that this comment from one of them would reassure me if I thinking of travelling with them, "The sale of a package in the UK requires ATOL and lets be honest here, we've all seen operators selling packages originating in the UK using Spanish (or other jurisdiction) bonding rather than the CAAs ATOL. Which is a ridiculous yet compliant practice. In this instance, ATOL regulations have no standing in the Isle of Man but we have been in dialogue with both the IOM and UK CAA to ensure compliance with the 'Airline Ticketing Agent' rules in respect of the IOM TT 2021 and there are contracts in place with the operating carrier. So in response to your question, yes. There is no mark, no seal or badge to display in respect of this as you would with ATOL."

This is Ettyl's website.

Seems I got the wrong end of the stick in my earlier post which I have deleted. Must read more carefully. The ETTYL name is registered to and by a Jason Scales and the company has been registered in London as a UK company and in the IOM too. Mr Scales seems an interesting chap as a Google search will testify.

I'll stick with my earlier comments on ETTYL though. Even if I wanted to go to the TT races my choice of transport would be the IOM Steam Packet ferry

Flybe will be operating to Belfast City from the 30th of October and London Heathrow from the 31st.
Belfast City-Isle of Man starts October 30th at 6 weekly flights

Isle of Man-London Heathrow starts October 31st at 5 Weekly flights

Source: SeanM1997 on twitter.

CAA Stats 2022
Isle of Man saw 551,941 passengers use the airport in 2022 up 203% on 2021 (182,371)
Aircraft movements 15,208

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock