Emirates

Advertisement

Matt995

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2015
Royal Leamington Spa
I don't think there is a demand for first class from Birmingham on any route. Most of our passenger seem more interested in the cheap and cheerful flights, the bucket & spade routes. Emirates know there is no demand for first class, they have served us for long enough so know what passengers want and need on our services.

Does any airline offer first class from Birmingham? Lufthansa? Air France? Swiss? Brussels Airlines? Qatar? - I think the answers no?

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Solihull
I don't think there is a demand for first class from Birmingham on any route. Most of our passenger seem more interested in the cheap and cheerful flights, the bucket & spade routes. Emirates know there is no demand for first class, they have served us for long enough so know what passengers want and need on our services.

Does any airline offer first class from Birmingham? Lufthansa? Air France? Swiss? Brussels Airlines? Qatar? - I think the answers no?
There's some fairly affluent areas in the West Midlands which I'd have thought would fly First Class if available.

From March 2020 when Emirates starts operating the A380 to GLA, there will be 22 First Class seats available across 2 flights every day. Selling First on just one of BHX's flights would offer 12 First Class seats. With the prices that First Class go for, I doubt the cabin needs to be very full to make a profit. It's probably a case of Emirates feeling they can make more money from the cabin if they were filled with Economy seats rather than First.

As for the airlines you've listed, no European airlines fly First Class short haul.

Qatar only has First Class on the A380 which they plan to retire from 2024 so they likely won't have First at all after that point. Qatar advertise their QSuite almost as a First "lite" ("First at Business class prices") - the new 787-9's Qatar are receiving soon will be fitted with QSuites so hopefully we'll see them at BHX in the near future.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I'm pretty sure you can book First with all of those airlines but the leg from BHX to the hub will be in Business class because the aircraft don't have First class cabins.

Kevin Farnell

Platinum Member
May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
I've been lucky enough to fly first class once (OK, twice if you count the return flight) with Malaysian on the 747-400.
I've flown business class with Malaysian on the 777-200 and also with Singapore on the 777-200 and the A380. Whilst the first class flight was nice to experience, I wouldn't in future pay the extra for that over business class. With lie flat beds, large touch screen TV's excellent menus and comfortable lounges with food, drinks and shower facilities, business class offerings today are as good as or better than first class from a decade or so back. I'd even go so far as to say I prefer business class over first.

Kevin

Jon Dempsey

Mar 25, 2015
Worcestershire, England
Friends, who live in Kenilworth, flew First to Melbourne a couple of years ago on Emirates from Heathrow.
When I asked them about the route, they said it was door-to-door via limo.
I think 6 or 7 hours in a limo from Glasgow would prove a little too much.

RichL

Jun 30, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I've been lucky to fly first on Emirates on several occassions.

What annoyed me the most though was when getting off a first class flight in Dubai to catch the connection to BHX, because that was business only, you are not allowed in the first class lounge in Dubai.

It wasn't my fault that Emirates only offer business to BHX and I am on a fully paid flex F ticket but can only go in the business class lounge in Dubai because of the connection.

Anyway, first world problems, and moving on...

Top Bottom