Not sure what is going on with EK at BHX.

OltonPete on the dried fruit forum reporting that the schedule shows x 5 weekly A380, but then suggested double daily appeared again so one to watch I think ?

However the general feeling is that BHX will not be anywhere near double daily due to the ongoing restrictions. :unsure:

We're awaiting confirmation of the restart dates from both Qatar Airways and Emirates. We will keep you informed through our social channels and website once we have an update. Thanks BHX

The above was a reply from BHX on July 16th so it seems to be a wait and see situation.

If we manage keep them both I think it will be a great result.

Certainly does given the travel situation onwards to the likes of Australia and New Zealand plus Hong Kong etc.

Much more realistic to be honest. Prefer the 777 for reasons that have already been mentioned in this group. Will be extremely glad to see EK back at BHX. Saying that I can fully understand why they have not returned as yet. Pick the best routes and service them accordingly. The rest of the network will follow in due course.

Emirates top A380 routes for 2019, look who sneaks in at number 10.

Not too bad for little old BHX (y)
Looks good until a look at FR24 shows flights on currently on route to DUB/MAN/GLA/LHR/AMS/CPH/FRA/CDG/ZRH/GVA/VIE/MXP/MAD/OSL/BRU
As for BHX. Latest is a low requency 777 service in 5 weeks, maybe.
Obvious that they do not regard BHX as a priority and beginning to doubt it even figures in their list of secondary destinations..
A view that seems to be shared with a number of other airlines.
Hope i am wrong but worrying signs.

Very good to see that Emirates are planning a return to BHX.

I think a 5x weekly 777 is not to bad at all and let's not forget this is only initially, I'm sure once load factors develop once again, we will see an increase.

The pandemic is making all airlines review their equipment and the A380 has fallen out of favour with most airlines due to it's inefficiency, Emirates also now seem to be looking to reduce the amount of A380 flying but I think it is unlikely they will pull the plug at BHX.

Also the fact that there is now no Qatar or PIA for the foreseeable should aid Emirates to grow it's loads from BHX quite quickly once operations resume.

Looks good until a look at FR24 shows flights on currently on route to DUB/MAN/GLA/LHR/AMS/CPH/FRA/CDG/ZRH/GVA/VIE/MXP/MAD/OSL/BRU
As for BHX. Latest is a low requency 777 service in 5 weeks, maybe.
Obvious that they do not regard BHX as a priority and beginning to doubt it even figures in their list of secondary destinations..
I‘m not too concerned by this. Since EK are about connections they should be basing their service resumptions on each country or region’s response to the pandemic: whether there are travel restrictions in place, and so forth.

India is a huge connecting market for EK from BHX, but is currently closed to international traffic from almost everywhere (apart from repatriation flights). Australia is also in a tight lockdown for international travel. Many of Emirates’ services probably won’t be viable until India and Australia reopen their borders.

I believe confidence is the key, being safe from being infected by the chap next to you or the family behind you on the plane. Keeping in mind that carriers of disease are normally not displaying symptoms, this is where confidence is important.

Even if India and Australia open up again, it will be a slow return to previous norms only if travellers have the confidence.

Emirates will be back once they have reviewed their fleet and routes. New aircraft will be developed and perhaps the A380 may get newer efficient engines if operators demand them to keep the aircraft in the air earning the dollars and wowing the passengers.

As for BHX. Latest is a low Frequency 777 service in 5 weeks, maybe.

Of course BHX is important to them !
They are bound to start all the destinations listed ahead of BHX as people can easily get to LHR or MAN
It is a very sensible schedule in my opinion.
MAN will only have two 77W's pw more then BHX once they re-start - so hardly a disaster !!

EK are a business so the bottom line is vital for them. Every business has a VAT number not a charity number. I respe t EK for holding back and starting BHX with 5 a week instead of double daily 380 flights. This gives them the option of loading cargo instead of a full PAX load which will bring in vital revenue to the carrier. Does anyone else on here feel 100% comfortable about flying nowadays? Why bring in 615 seats everyday when 350+ will cover the demand but still allow 20K cargo uplift? Correct decision based on current circumstances.

To be honest, was Doha a destination in the same vein as Dubai? Compare Watford with London, I cannot quite see why Qatar began services other than for onward travel whilst the City that is Dubai has attractive offerings helping to attract A380 with Emirates.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock